Indefinably Leave To Remain Without Life In The Uk Test..?

Me and my wife (Thai) have three kids,one of which was born in the UK. We've been married 7 years and have lived in the UK for almost 3.

Last year we had a big argument and she went to stay with a friend for a couple of months. When things had calmed down and she came home, she had been awarded an indefinite leave to remain stamp in her passport. I asked her how she got this and she said that the free lawyer in a local woman's aid group help her set it up. However, she never took the Life in the UK test. Ever.

My wife can be a bit thick at the best of times and she has no idea how this visa stamp came to pass without her taking and passing this test.

Can anybody shed some light on this? Has she somehow slipped through the net?

Cheers.signthaivisa.gif

"Any instance of threatening behaviour, violence or abuse (psychological, physical, sexual, financial or emotional) between adults who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality". Family members are: mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister, grandparents, in-laws or step-family. An application can also be made in respect of domestic violence perpetrated by a family member of the partner where the partner did not offer any protection.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

"Any instance of threatening behaviour, violence or abuse (psychological, physical, sexual, financial or emotional) between adults who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality". Family members are: mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister, grandparents, in-laws or step-family. An application can also be made in respect of domestic violence perpetrated by a family member of the partner where the partner did not offer any protection.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Now there's a way