Uk Visitor Visas - Success Story

I read so many refusals on here - I wonder what pieces of information people are leaving out.

My experience has been very different. When I was living in the UK from 2009 to the middle of last year, my wife visited from Thailand three times and never had an issue. The first visa application was carefully developed, but it worked and the second two visits (on one two year visa) were a shoo in.

The interesting this is that she and her two girlfriends are planning to go to the UK alone in May. They each applied for a visitor visa (I had nothing to do with the applications and didnt even review them), and all three were granted visitor visas earlier this week. One of the girls had never been to the UK before. No sponsors, nothing. Similar holiday / visitor visas.

bendix quote "I read so many refusals on here - I wonder what pieces of information people are leaving out."

Writing about my fiancees and I own experience...... nothing. Some of us do tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, me Lord.

Congratulations on your wifes and her friends visas. Hope they all have a great time in May.

• Like 1

I think you read more about refusals than success on here as people post when they are desperate and in need of help....since 2009 I think everyone will agree with me that it has been harder on all aspects.

with regards to your wife and friends recent success....If they are professional people i.e have jobs and a letter from their employer that grants them leave then thats one of the boxes I think a lot of applicants who have been refused and post on here cannot tick on the list of boxes that need ticking?

With all that said, who knows what goes on at the British Embassy and the people that work there??? Having experience of them and also problems in the past the mind boggles....

norrona quote "with regards to your wife and friends recent success....If they are professional people i.e have jobs and a letter from their employer that grants them leave then thats one of the boxes I think a lot of applicants who have been refused and post on here cannot tick on the list of boxes that need ticking?"

My fiancee had a letter from her employer that granted her leave, but 23 years working for that employer........ the Thai Government, counted for nothing!!

With all that said norrona, I totally agree with your last paragraph.

Edited by Boycie

fair enough Boycie, I read your thread about VFS taking out stuff from your application etc and do understand why you are frustrated....however I know of 2 people recently that had tried to get visas for their girlfriends/fiancee's for holidays to the U.K one was rejected on no proof of relationship like yourself and the other was the not convinced they would return to Thailand at the end of the visa as they had no assets/job there or real reason to.

That said the OP fishing and trying to be-little everyone of this forum with his gloating at how could they not get a visa it is soooooooooo easy did not actually share with us the background of his wifes friends did he?

I was once bitter like yourself when they rejected my fiancees visa to come to UK so I understand a little on how you feel....it is not nice or something to gloat at, but with the facts you present about VFS removing things etc I would say your case is an exception to the norm wouldn't you?

fair enough Boycie, I read your thread about VFS taking out stuff from your application etc and do understand why you are frustrated....however I know of 2 people recently that had tried to get visas for their girlfriends/fiancee's for holidays to the U.K one was rejected on no proof of relationship like yourself and the other was the not convinced they would return to Thailand at the end of the visa as they had no assets/job there or real reason to.

That said the OP fishing and trying to be-little everyone of this forum with his gloating at how could they not get a visa it is soooooooooo easy did not actually share with us the background of his wifes friends did he?

I was once bitter like yourself when they rejected my fiancees visa to come to UK so I understand a little on how you feel....it is not nice or something to gloat at, but with the facts you present about VFS removing things etc I would say your case is an exception to the norm wouldn't you?

Maybe they have a quota each month, just like taking a driving test in the UK? If they do not meet the quota then questions are asked. No it's not fair.