The Thai Visa Clique

mraitchison

Is Icey having a problem? Doesn't seem so, you can see MOST of her posted in a lot of other forums. Maybe if some of you supposedly older and wiser guys would let her grow up a little, she could get things together. I don't think you guys are doing her any favors by molly codelling her. She seems like she's a nice girl but that is what she is, A GIRL.

Please don't try to make her grow up too fast. Very different to be in your 30s and not want to grow up and be taken a fool, but to make someone think that they have the knowledge of life BEFORE their years is WRONG. Some of you guys are just pushing too hard.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 pages so far on this topic. Either someone is trying to get their post count up or there is some truth to this topic.

Who on earth would want to get their post count up? Does anyone think that a high post count is something to be proud of? I would have thought the opposite...

Well there is this one guy... :o

X Thought I would see if this works, just kidding guys LOL :D

Seems I may have been mistaken with my post, as the top ten clearly illustrates!

Nothing irregular there!

Name Level Group Joined Posts

dr_Pat_Pong ******** Admin 2002-11-20 20,641

george ******** Admin 2002-11-20 10,697

lopburi3 ******* Super Mod 2003-02-11 6,589

britmaveric ******* Advanced Mem 2003-11-17 6,277

Boon Mee ******* Advanced Mem 2003-12-28 5,739

Jai Dee ******* Super Mod 2004-12-30 5,567

Totster ******* Advanced Mem 2004-04-06 5,273

tuky ****** Super Mod 2003-11-04 4,768

davethailand ****** Advanced Mem 2004-02-22 4,714

bronco ****** Super Mod 2003-10-20 4,510

hmm, what are you trying to say Mr Cleaner?

What me??????????

Absolutely nothing!!!

:o

If you're just going to cower behind hinting and halfhearted insinuations why don't you save us, and yourself the trouble of your lack of input?

cv

What me??????????

Absolutely nothing!!!

If you're just going to cower behind hinting and halfhearted insinuations why don't you save us, and yourself the trouble of your lack of input?

cv

Yes I am cowering...... :D

I notice you've seen my 'lack of input' and raised me with a 'usual sarky reposte'

It's about now that the 'clique' moves into gear and takes it turns to cut and paste the last twenty posts whilst only adding a derisive one liner.

Ho Hum Biz as usual on TV :D

What me??????????

Absolutely nothing!!!

cv

Yes I am cowering...... :D

I notice you've seen my 'lack of input' and raised me with a 'usual sarky reposte'

It's about now that the 'clique' moves into gear and takes it turns to cut and paste the last twenty posts whilst only adding a derisive one liner.

Ho Hum Biz as usual on TV :D

well said mr. cleaner, needs more of us......

I hope no one that knows me sees that list :o

Who on earth would want to get their post count up? Does anyone think that a high post count is something to be proud of? I would have thought the opposite...

Well there is this one guy... :o

X Thought I would see if this works, just kidding guys LOL  :D

Seems I may have been mistaken with my post, as the top ten clearly illustrates!

Nothing irregular there!

A lot of people may not be aware of this, but it is possible to “ignore” those user’s posts that you might find repeatedly inane, supercilious or just downright useless.

In the “Control Panel” you can “Manage your ignored users” which definitely improves the overall TV experience. Note that you can also turn off avatars.

So now I’ve got my TV ads blocked, avatars turned off and most of these high-volume/low-quality posters ignored. Aah, the beauty of software. :D

(Note that if anyone replies to my post it means they haven't added me to their ignore list, yet. :D )

Edited by lomatopo

At the risk of a put down I'll add my 2 satang's worth.

I haven't been a member very long but I've been given some very helpful advice and information by mods and those vastly more experienced members than I, and I thank you all for it. I've also been flamed sometimes, to the extent that I don't think I could get away with, but I try to stand my corner by way of self modded replies, or I ignore the flames.

IMO some members seem to be able to get away with a bit more than others, maybe receiving a light hearted reprimand at most. Maybe something stronger by PM or actual word of mouth, but I don't know that.

Being a mod can't be easy, finding the right balance must be a nightmare at times, but the slightest hint of a flame has to be an absolute no no from them. Reprimand if needed yes but flame no, and a level playing field is a must.

I have been a member of TV for a while now coming up for two years I think.. I have never felt the urge to really post on here due to the clique-ness of the site. I read it on a daily basis but just don’t have the urge to risk posting and being jumped on by some of the long term members.

So why is there such an urge to berate and bully new members and give sarcastic advise to them? Time and time again is see people threatening to tell somebody else about something that has been said get them ‘banned’ or ‘officially warned’.

Just curious to know why this forum is so much more inaccessible to new people.

:D:D Good post.Thailand is full of double standards and TV is no exception.They really get on me but I enjoy it.Thousands of posts?They have my sympathy,I guess it is cheap entertainment.I have been here a long time(see posts not many)I get bored I look at TV.I wrote into Bangkok post and the Nation for years.50% hate me 50% like me.I just tell it like it is and let the chips fall.They don't pay my rent! :o They should have a NOT SORRY sign.

Who comprises what cliques?

There's the "Kayo-Bambina-Ice Maiden" clique That's a 3-way. :D

The "Lampard-Thomas Merton" Clique

The "Gentleman Sucmp and.......um....nobody else" clique.

And Bebop, if you could only imagine how good it was man!!!

I'm starting a clique where clique members shower together and sit nud_e in a hot tub.

Thanks Dickie, but er.... I'll pass! Unless the others are tvGirls! :D

I was thinking of starting a clique for all of us who never get to be in a clique, but I decided it would be self defeating.

Who comprises what cliques?

There's the "Kayo-Bambina-Ice Maiden" clique That's a 3-way. :D

The "Lampard-Thomas Merton" Clique

The "Gentleman Sucmp and.......um....nobody else" clique.

And Bebop, if you could only imagine how good it was man!!! :lol: I'll try, when I'm all by myself. :D

I'm starting a clique where clique members shower together and sit nud_e in a hot tub.

Thanks Dickie, but er.... I'll pass! Unless the others are tvGirls! :D

I was thinking of starting a clique for all of us who never get to be in a clique, but I decided it would be self defeating.

If someone wants to do the math my posts average 5.69 per day, hardly excessive posting I think :D

8.2 posts per day for moi :D

Plus at least another 8 a day on another forum. Just out of interest how much time do you spend per day on forums?

Blake - way too much matey! :o Prob a few hrs a day in between working. One of the plus(s) of being able to multi-task. IT industry is target oriented - crack the whips to my hundred odd staff - yet to miss a deadline ever. :D