Be Gentle With Me

Greenside

So, aside from making a couple of posts drawing attention to the less-than-terrific-at-the-time customer service at Pizza & Pasta's previous location which made me PNG (quite embarrassing, really: my son and I went back to collect the pizza we'd ordered 20 minutes before and the owner charges out into the car park yelling "we don't want you or your money here - go away!" Difficult to explain this strange farang behaviour to a 10 year old but I think he got the picture and knows we're not all like that.), I actually think I might have discovered a new pizza place....

It's called Finns (053 141 074) and it's in a shophouse on Kow Klang Road which runs between Mahidol Road and Nong Hoi Market, about 100m beyond the Cock D'Or if you are heading into town but blink and you'll miss it.

It's run by a Thai guy called Jeab and he tells me that he supplies frozen pizza bases to places as far afield as BKK and Phuket but, if that's his main business, then he needs to work on the recipe as I found the bread a bit bland - much like Pizza Hut/Company, neither of which do much for my taste buds.

That said, the quality and quantity of the toppings is great and although the choice is fairly limited - it's take-out only and they currently offer 8, 10, 12 and 14 inch pizzas with both thin and thicker crusts. I don't have the prices here but the 14 inch pictured below was about 350 baht if I recall...

i-JmVvzJf-XL.jpg

But wait (as they say) there's more!

If you invest 300 baht in their loyalty member card you get a second pizza of your choice although smaller than the one you purchase. (I think you buy a 12 or a 10 inch you get an 8 inch and buying a 14 inch will get you a extra 10 inch.) Today we got a 12 inch and an 8 inch Ham and Mushroom like the one above for a grand total of 249 baht and they fed three adults with a couple of slices for breakfast - not mine, I hasten to add.

For those who might just be wondering, an 8 inch and a 12 inch are equivalent to a 14inch, so for 250 baht it's hard to beat.

Jeap seems like an obliging guy, eager to make a go of this venture and I get the impression that if asked he'd tweak his recipe to suit customer tastes.

I have no connection blah, blah, blah....

Edited by Greenside