Massaman Curry

ChiangMai2012

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun ChiangMai2012,

When I had taste-buds that worked, I used to most enjoy the curry at that veritable antique of a restaurant right across from Thapae Gate: Aroon Rai.

best, ~o:37;

I just had a look at the menu on their web site and masman wasn't there. I think they showed us a specials menu so maybe they only have it sometimes. It was delicious, as was the other things we ordered, so it would be worth a try anyway.

For a nice chicken Massaman try the restaurant over the road from the tourist police office. It's in the same road as good view restaurant but right at the very end if you were heading towards MaeJo (charoenpratet rd ? ... I'm hopeless with street names). this place is excellent value, but only open for b/fast & lunch.

Try the muslim place nearly opposite the entrance to Chiang Mai Land along Changklan Road. It's very popular with locals. In fact, there's a photo of Thaksin (few years old) eating there. The biriyani is also good. Alternatively, soi 1 Changklan Road has lots of muslim places selling authentic masaman.

Try the big restaurant next door to the Centre Point Condo. If you're coming from town heading towards Mae Jo, turn left at the Ruam Choke/Rimping intersection. Centre Point is on the right about 100m before you get to the bridge. You'll need to do a uturn, and the restaurant is before the condo, right next door to it. They had signs rating it as top 10 from some tv channel. It's really good, more of a dense coconut cream than the standard soupy version. Worth the trip.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun ChiangMai2012,

When I had taste-buds that worked, I used to most enjoy the curry at that veritable antique of a restaurant right across from Thapae Gate: Aroon Rai.

best, ~o:37;

I haven't been up to CM for a few years but when I did go I always used Aroon Rai,never had a bad meal,I can't speak from recent experience but it was always well run and very accommodating.

Try the muslim place nearly opposite the entrance to Chiang Mai Land along Changklan Road. It's very popular with locals. In fact, there's a photo of Thaksin (few years old) eating there. The biriyani is also good. Alternatively, soi 1 Changklan Road has lots of muslim places selling authentic masaman.

i tried to find it but failed any more clues.