Bangkok International Motor Show 2012

webfact

Special Report: Bangkok International Motor Show 2012

Bangkok, 21 March 2012 (NNT) – The 33rd Bangkok International Motor Show 2012 will be held under the theme “Technology difference” at the Challenger Hall, Impact Arena, Muang Thong Thani, from March 28-April 8,

The Bangkok International Motor Show, the largest motor show in Thailand, is an annual event that signals the start of the car-buying season in the kingdom. As the automotive industry is recovering from the tsunami in Japan and Thailand’s flood crisis last year, the event will serve as an indicator of the industry’s strength and resilience.

Thailand's floods in 2011 caused major disruptions to the local and global supply chain as major auto producers had to halt production for months. Although Honda was the only automaker hardest hit by the deluge, other manufacturers were also severely affected due to a shortage of parts.

According to The Grand Prix International Group, the organizer of the event, the launch of this year’s event was affected by the floods as a number of automakers were forced to postpone their plans to showcase their new models.

Vice President of Grand Prix International, Anothai Eamlumnow, said many car manufacturers are beginning to resume normal productions. The goal for all the automakers is to clear a huge backlog of orders for vehicles and to make their delivery dates.

Mr Anothai pointed out that despite last year’s devastation, the industry’s big names are expected to make a comeback with launches of hybrid and eco-cars, set to be one of this year’s highlights.

Recognized brands including Mitsubishi and Suzuki will be unveiling their eco-cars in support of the Thai government's eco-car project and first car-buyer scheme.

Toyota, the only major company to offer hybrid vehicles, will launch their all-new Camry, Prius and GT 86, and compact sports car while Honda is garnering media attention with the all-new Civic, after the project had to be pushed back due to last year's flood.

Manufacturers set to participate in the event include BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan and Rolls-Royce. There will be 650 models on display

Mr Anothai added that a record 34,000 orders were placed at last year’s exhibition. According to reports, 40,000 bookings are expected for this year’s event.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-03-21 footer_n.gif

Something to do to kill a day but I wasn't all that impressed last year but again it was something different to do. They also had free buses from the MRT station to get there and back.

Edited by Nisa

Something to do to kill a day but I wasn't all that impressed last year but again it was something different to do. They also had free buses from the MRT station to get there and back.

Isn't worth the trip just to see the models ................ i mean the car models ............ You know what i mean !!!

5 Good reasons to attend the motor show @ Muang Thong Thani, I am led to believe they also show vehicles at these type of events.

Some of the photos I took at last years motor show, I still have about 600 more good reasons to get along to the show as well if any are interested.

post-130719-0-46710000-1332369885_thumb.

post-130719-0-70846200-1332369899_thumb.

post-130719-0-78688700-1332369918_thumb.

post-130719-0-80883900-1332369930_thumb.

post-130719-0-70000800-1332369944_thumb.