Cambodian Passport Go To Thailand By Overland Get 15 Or 30 Days

• 1 month later...

Normal visa exempt entry for Cambodian visiting Thailand is 14 days. Not sure how they enforce the proof of onward travel requirement.

For a longer stay a tourist visa is advisable.

Is there any option to extend the 14 days, such as the option for other Visa Exemptees to extend by 7 days by paying 1900 Baht?

Do you know how they deal with overstay eg. is it 500 Baht per day as with other overstayers.

Re' your point about onward travel, my Khmer friend just came into BKK on a one way ticket and apparently they didn't ask any Qs.

Yes , Cambodians with passport can get 7 day extension and pay thb1900.-.

Overstay is thb500.-/day.

They can do a regular visa run, every 14days, but , as they no need Cambodia visa, pay only transport n service fee. Should be around thb700.- if go with a company.

They can do a regular visa run, every 14days, but , as they no need Cambodia visa, pay only transport n service fee. Should be around thb700.- if go with a company.

Thanks for that.

I did think about taking her to the border myself (not minibus) to get 14 days, but the fuel and time/stress of the trip etc make 1900 Baht a more attractive option.

I only need another 7 days, so taking one out to get it doesn't make much sense to me.

7 x 500 Baht overstay would still be a better option than taking a day out, but I don't want to risk causing her any problems and 1900 Baht is the better option on that score too.

Now to find out if you're right. tongue.png

• 2 months later...

Thanks for that.

I did think about taking her to the border myself (not minibus) to get 14 days, but the fuel and time/stress of the trip etc make 1900 Baht a more attractive option.

I only need another 7 days, so taking one out to get it doesn't make much sense to me.

7 x 500 Baht overstay would still be a better option than taking a day out, but I don't want to risk causing her any problems and 1900 Baht is the better option on that score too.

Now to find out if you're right. tongue.png

So how did that work out? I'm in the same situation, would like to extend some Cambodian visas for my wife's family and don't want to make a run for the border. Would much appreciate knowing how that worked out and where and what you did.

So how did that work out? I'm in the same situation, would like to extend some Cambodian visas for my wife's family and don't want to make a run for the border. Would much appreciate knowing how that worked out and where and what you did.

Sorry I can't help.

Having run it close to the 14 days we agreed that that was long enough and she went home on time.

I had checked at Jomtien and it was as said, another 7 days for 1900 Baht.

Edited by mickba

Sorry I can't help.

Having run it close to the 14 days we agreed that that was long enough and she went home on time.

I had checked at Jomtien and it was as said, another 7 days for 1900 Baht.

Thanks. I think I'm going to take the 1,900 baht option, it's cheaper in terms of time and cost than going through the hassle as the girls wouldn't be able to do it on their own.