The Old Man Who Re-Built Old Watches On Suk. Soi 23 Ten Years Ago ?

orang37

Sawasdee Khrup, TV friends,

Ten years ago there was a small shop on Sukhumvit, Soi 23, not far from the intersection with Soi Cowboy, where a rather old man expertly repaired and restored old high-end mechanical watches, like Rolexes, etc.

I wonder if, by chance, he might still be there.

Or, if there is another source of repair/restoration (not the Pendulum high-end shops, which would cost a fortune), you know of in Bangkok.

thanks, ~o:37;

Yes he's still there, was there a couple of months ago and he put a new battery for me in my very expensive Casio looking at what I thought was a copy Rolex Submariner asked him the price at which he replied 140,000 baht......didn't really expect to see something like that in this little shop.

• Like 1

... Entering Soi 23 from Sukhumvit side, is it on the left or right side just before Cowboy?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Canardo,

As we'd say in Chiang Mai, sai meur, on the left side of Soi 23; my memory is dim, but I'd estimate it to be less than fifty meters before the intersection with Soi Saddle-Up-Your-Country-Girl-You-Old-Scrofulous-Lizard.

I met a man who wanted to open a bar on that street; he knew I had written advertising copy, and created brand-names, and logos: I suggested: "Grandpa's Last Boner."

best, ~o:37;

• Like 2

Yes he's still there, was there a couple of months ago and he put a new battery for me in my very expensive Casio looking at what I thought was a copy Rolex Submariner asked him the price at which he replied 140,000 baht......didn't really expect to see something like that in this little shop.

But he still accepted the 500 baht you offered for it?

Sawasdee Khrup Khun KevC, and Khun Canardo,

If either of you happen to be in the area of the watch shop, by chance, I'd really appreciate knowing the telephone number, name, of the store.

thanks, ~o:37;