Wi Fi Enabled Television

Just bought a 40 inch Sony Wi Fi enabled TV,wondering does anybody actually use their tv to surf ,or even download?. No instructions ,hence bought it cheaper,but Ill go online to take a look.

I have Wi Fi in my condo,so will I need an aircard or router or whatever to hook into the slots at back of tv?

Thanks was going to use it as monitor to my notebook,but if I can get hooked up it would be good

Thanks again for any answers

A friend of mine also has a Sony Bravia Internet TV and mainly uses it to watch YouTube vidos. To get a wifi connection you need to buy the certian USB wifi adapter and apparently the only one that will work is made by Sony which was around 3,000. Instead of paying the extra he connects to the internet using a ethernet cable instead.

I also occasionally watch YouTube videos on my Samsung. I haven't really bothered to surf the web or use any other apps, as almost everything can be done easier on any of my other devices. My TV has the Wi-Fi adaptor built in.

my bravia has the same facility, as stated earlier you need to buy the specific Sony dongle to enable the connection. If your modem is too far away for ethernet connection, an alternative is to use a Homeplug/ethernet powerline adapter. These transmit your internet signal through your powerlines, so you would have a plug with ethernet socket plugged in next to your tv socket. No cables needed between the modem router and your tv. The cost of the sony dongle is around 3000 bht, the homeplug is 1200 bht upwards. Homeplug plus is that is essential wired direct(no wireless signal) , downside is that it uses two powersockets to work.

I have one also,but luckily mine is hard wired with ethernet cable as the router sits under the tv,I primarily use mine for Skype with the aid of a webcam and microphone,also to watch you tube videos,it's not very practical for web browsing IMO,using the remote as a keyboard annoys the hell out of me,there are a number of what Sony calls widgets or apps in normal terms,that range from a kind of catch up TV,with various subjects ranging from sports that no one watches to movie trailers and stuff.

my bravia has the same facility, as stated earlier you need to buy the specific Sony dongle to enable the connection. If your modem is too far away for ethernet connection, an alternative is to use a Homeplug/ethernet powerline adapter. These transmit your internet signal through your powerlines, so you would have a plug with ethernet socket plugged in next to your tv socket. No cables needed between the modem router and your tv. The cost of the sony dongle is around 3000 bht, the homeplug is 1200 bht upwards. Homeplug plus is that is essential wired direct(no wireless signal) , downside is that it uses two powersockets to work.

Thanks for the topic and the info, Homeplug plus, I did a search to find it in Bkk, and could not get a location?

Can you tell me where I can get one, I did see an advertisement a while back and searched then but nothing in Bkk according to Google>? cheers for the help all.