Renting Jet Ski On Ko Lan

callofduty

I'd like to rent a jet ski on ko lan, never riden before,

anyone know if its possible to ride to ko sak (a small island less than 1km away from ko lan).

and do they have models where a passanger can go on the back ?

im just going to use it as transport and ride it conservitavely, not ride like i stole it. should i still be concerned about scammers ?

any recommendations ? thanks

Before renting a Jet Ski in the Pattaya Area better read this thread first:

yes some disturbing reports in that thread. ill be going with a thai but I suppose that wont make any difference.

ok please ignore my last question, "should i still be concerned about scammers ?"

yes those reports sicken me and I am turned off but im still interested for the answers to the first two questions.

Edited by callofduty

They also scam at KOH LAN ?

No! I've rented jetskis from the guys at Tawaen Beach perhaps a dozen or so times over the last 5 years and will continue to do so. I rent one every time I go there.

I would suggest you make sure you have your own waterproof watch though as they tend to want to short change the time period you pay for.

I rented one there a few months ago. I took about 10 pictures of the jetski from all different angles before I got on it, and made it clear I wasn't a newbie fresh off the plane by speaking a little Thai with them. No problem whatsoever, there are easier targets for them to go after.

Not my pictures, but these were taken on Ko Lan last month.

Don't know the story, but I can tell you the big guy in the first picture has defiantly been involved in scamming on Pattaya Beach in the past.

post-60867-0-44237000-1333606884_thumb.jpost-60867-0-01913900-1333606905_thumb.jpost-60867-0-48214600-1333606920_thumb.j

What's the point of posting photos when you don't have a clue what is going on in them. Photos of police doesn't necessarily indicate a scam went down. People do actually damage jetskis, especially newbies who have never ridden them before.

If you have actual evidence of a jetski scam on Ko Larn, give us the details. I've never seen a hint of trouble on Tawaen Beach and still believe it is safe to rent one there.

Don't know the story, but I can tell you the big guy in the first picture has defiantly been involved in scamming on Pattaya Beach in the past.

post-60867-0-44237000-1333606884_thumb.jpost-60867-0-01913900-1333606905_thumb.jpost-60867-0-48214600-1333606920_thumb.j

What's the point of posting photos when you don't have a clue what is going on in them. Photos of police doesn't necessarily indicate a scam went down. People do actually damage jetskis, especially newbies who have never ridden them before.

If you have actual evidence of a jetski scam on Ko Larn, give us the details. I've never seen a hint of trouble on Tawaen Beach and still believe it is safe to rent one there. I never carry a passport to Ko Larn and have never been asked for one and have never been asked to fill out any paperwork.

Edited by tropo

If you have actual evidence of a jetski scam on Ko Larn, give us the details. I've never seen a hint of trouble on Tawaen Beach and still believe it is safe to rent one there. I never carry a passport to Ko Larn and have never been asked for one and have never been asked to fill out any paperwork.

do you live on tawaen beach tropo ?

The big guy in the first pick.

Looks like the guy at Pattaya Beach Soi 10 that was busted threatening tourists with his of extortionist gang in the Marriot Hotel lobby, no?

So now he has been placed at a new beach?

If you have actual evidence of a jetski scam on Ko Larn, give us the details. I've never seen a hint of trouble on Tawaen Beach and still believe it is safe to rent one there.

Everything under control.

The Thai Police look to be on the case....coffee1.gif

Well I do have a clue, the 100's of scams I have seen first hand on Pattaya Beach and the fact I have personally seen the guy in the picture scamming on Pattaya Beach.

You are right, they might have actually damaged the jetski but that don't mean that it is not a scam, seen it many times. extortionate amounts of cash demanded for minor damage.

It's enough evidence for me, but up to you.

In fact I don't really care as far as I am concerned ALL jetski businesses can go to the wall guilty or not, guilty by association.

If ever they lock up the thugs in the business and regulate I may change my mind, until then F em all.

Well I do have a clue, the 100's of scams I have seen first hand on Pattaya Beach and the fact I have personally seen the guy in the picture scamming on Pattaya Beach.

You are right, they might have actually damaged the jetski but that don't mean that it is not a scam, seen it many times. extortionate amounts of cash demanded for minor damage.

In fact I don't really care as far as I am concerned ALL jetski businesses can go to the wall guilty or not, guilty by association.

If ever they lock up the thugs in the business and regulate I may change my mind, until then F em all.

You've observed 100's of scams on Pattaya Beach? You interview them all? In all that time you've been down the beach observing these guy have you ever seen a jetski damaged?

Until I see evidence of an actual scam on Koh Larn I'll continue to enjoy jetskiing whenever we visit. It's one of the reasons we go there - to enjoy a trouble free jetski mini-holiday. I can get a better price there too.

Edited by tropo

do you live on tawaen beach tropo ?

Yes

cool.It is just i remember i think you say before you and your wife don't like the sunshine to much and you are mostly a night person who enjoys going to gym late at night and i remember a topic about villa market i think it was something like villa market was 24 hour but decided to close at 2 am and you were disappointed because many times you like to do your shopping at 3 or 4 in the morning i good memory but anywa cool for you that you can live e on that beach

Edited by Markland

You've observed 100's of scams on Pattaya Beach? You interview them all? In all that time you've been down the beach observing these guy have you ever seen a jetski damaged?

Until I see evidence of an actual scam on Koh Larn I'll continue to enjoy jetskiing whenever we visit. It's one of the reasons we go there - to enjoy a trouble free jetski mini-holiday. I can get a better price there too.

I am not sure of the relevance of your questions but to answer Yes, Never, Many.

Looks like the guy at Pattaya Beach Soi 10 that was busted threatening tourists with his of extortionist gang in the Marriot Hotel lobby, no?

it looks like him , but the guy in the pic is too heavy.

the guy at soi 10 pattaya beach who i have watched off and on for 2 years has lost a bit of weight in that time. i last saw him about 2 weeks ago (in his usual spot on pattaya beach) and he is no way near the size of the guy in the koh larn pic.

as to renting in koh larn ? my advise would be no. they don't scam everybody on pattaya beach and on koh larn i don't know the situation. but having photo evidence of 70 odd scams and the potential downside being 10's of thousands of baht why would anybody want to take the risk. you might be ok or you might face a bill bigger than the cost of your return flight. If things go bad it's in spades.

like most things in pattaya ......up to you, but expect no help if things go wrong and no simpathy on here

the guy at soi 10 pattaya beach who i have watched off and on for 2 years has lost a bit of weight in that time. i last saw him about 2 weeks ago (in his usual spot on pattaya beach) and he is no way near the size of the guy in the koh larn pic.

as to renting in koh larn ? my advise would be no. they don't scam everybody on pattaya beach and on koh larn i don't know the situation. but having photo evidence of 70 odd scams and the potential downside being 10's of thousands of baht why would anybody want to take the risk. you might be ok or you might face a bill bigger than the cost of your return flight. If things go bad it's in spades.

like most things in pattaya ......up to you, but expect no help if things go wrong and no simpathy on here

Yet we're still waiting for evidence of a single jetski scam on Koh Larn. Never seen a single report about a scam there in 6 years. Surely you must have one in your archives considering you've been watching these things closely for 2 years....or are you just assuming scams must be going on there because of the proximity to Pattaya or because Koh Larn is in Thailand?

During the busy season you'll see the jetskis working throughout the day - tourist after tourist - it would be difficult to hide a scam when you're sitting on the beach directly behind them.

Edited by tropo

You may not have any problems.

Just cary a spare 80,000 Bt in case they decide to entrap/extort/defraud/assault/kidnap.

DO NOT EXPECT THE POLICE TO HELP YOU.