Positive Long Term Thai Girlfriend/Wife Experience'S?

ericg

One should not ignoere the fact that differences in langauge and culture is a source of misunderstanding and can result in extra conflicts, which is way there is a higher percentage then normal of intercultural relationships breaking up.

Out of curiosity, is there a source for that? There may well be a source for inter cultural relationships in the West, but specifically for Western people (m/f) married to (or in a long term partnership with) a Thai person (m/f) ?

Looking around in my own circle of friends, quite a few of them have married into the stereotype, but all (except one) relationships are very strong, 10 years on. It may help that all of my close friends are great people of course, not sure if that has something to do with it. (Not trying to be cheeky; that comes naturally)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I love about these threads. A guy asks a question, immediately gets lambasted to "do a search", then the thread goes for 3, or 5, or 20 pages. Sometimes, the "do a search" guy will even say something like "I can't be bothered, but you should really just forget her, check these 4 threads for reference......" lol

Admit it, you love to answer the question. Just admit it, you know you do smile.png

It's even better when a poster DOES to a search, posts a follow-up specific to his personal situation, and is then lambasted BY THE SAME guy for 'dredging up an x year old topic.'.

:rolleyes:

My wife & I have never had an arguement in 12 years.

For the first 3 I thought i'd gone deaf:)

That's almost scary.

For me not a week goes by without an argument. :) But then she also has arguments with her mum and all other relatives, usually bigger arguments than with me. 12 years and counting, two kids. ;)

Ok buddy, have just read your topic, didn't mind reading the replies since I'll be answering my own story. Been here for 17 years had lots of fun in bars, karaokes and the lot but NEVER married a "working" girl.

Eventually 5 years ago I met a girl with who I married, normal Southern girl, with no ties to the nightlife, good background and family and "touching wood" so far all is going great.

Simple advice I got when I came here : would you marry a "working" girl back home? I wouldn't, so why do it here? once you get to know Thai culture an stuff you'll soon find out that there are many non working girls, non " waitresses, tourist industry and the lot" to get to know who are actually sincere. At your young age it should be ok, I arrived here at 24, now 41, all good mate :-)

Certainly a lot of guys do marry working girls back home. Some even know they marry working girls.

I used to tend bar for a lady in San Francisco who in her youth was a Madame. She would point out all the ex hookers as they came into the restaurant with their husbands.

I've seen good ones and bad ones. Having been in Thailand for a while I realize the line between working and non working girl is certainly blurred in many cases.

I can remember dating a coed in college back in the West and as a naive young man asking her where she got all the little bars of soap and shampoo that were in her bathroom.

• Like 1

Ok buddy, have just read your topic, didn't mind reading the replies since I'll be answering my own story. Been here for 17 years had lots of fun in bars, karaokes and the lot but NEVER married a "working" girl.

Eventually 5 years ago I met a girl with who I married, normal Southern girl, with no ties to the nightlife, good background and family and "touching wood" so far all is going great.

Simple advice I got when I came here : would you marry a "working" girl back home? I wouldn't, so why do it here? once you get to know Thai culture an stuff you'll soon find out that there are many non working girls, non " waitresses, tourist industry and the lot" to get to know who are actually sincere. At your young age it should be ok, I arrived here at 24, now 41, all good mate :-)

Certainly a lot of guys do marry working girls back home. Some even know they marry working girls.

I used to tend bar for a lady in San Francisco who in her youth was a Madame. She would point out all the ex hookers as they came into the restaurant with their husbands.

I've seen good ones and bad ones. Having been in Thailand for a while I realize the line between working and non working girl is certainly blurred in many cases.

I can remember dating a coed in college back in the West and as a naive young man asking her where she got all the little bars of soap and shampoo that were in her bathroom.

I would very much like to hear her response to that question

She got upset with me for, "snooping" in her bathroom and kicked me out. I should have known. She had a penthouse with a beautiful view. Not usual accommodations for a college girl.

My wife & I have never had an arguement in 12 years.

For the first 3 I thought i'd gone deaf:)

A while back, there was a guy who married his dead gf (died in an accident just before the marriage). Maybe he was not the only one?

Usually we dont realize or dont wanna see it but what matters is not to make it a recurring event. We survive by learning from our mistakes.

She got upset with me for, "snooping" in her bathroom and kicked me out. I should have known. She had a penthouse with a beautiful view. Not usual accommodations for a college girl.

One should not ignoere the fact that differences in langauge and culture is a source of misunderstanding and can result in extra conflicts, which is WHY there is a higher percentage then normal of intercultural relationships breaking up. experiences.

I've corrected your spelling. You wrote "way" when you meant to write "why".

I'm inclined to agree with you. Actually, I think that what you say is obvious.

But do you have any stats or links or sources or data to back this up?

Sounds good, thanks for sharing!

she's thai chinese....need I say more ??

Please leave your Thai Chinese stereotyping out of it. I know many wonderful Thai Chinese ladies that are married to my farang friends.

I bet none speak Chinese like mine

She read writes naturally and work for a Chinese bank in China

Most Thais Chinese speak Chinese very bad by now you must known I am Chinese.

Also us Real Chinese do not look on them as Real Chinese

You need a Chinese Passport and to live in Chinese or Work for the Government

Edited by harryfrompattaya

Yes, my experience too, it is downright pointless to even try having a working relation with a prostitute,

she still is, only you are the only punter so her only source of money.

My ex & current make their money by honest working, i was with my ex 7 years or so and my current 3 years,

never had any fight with either, tho they were a bit grumpy when i tried to have both jap.gif

she's thai chinese....need I say more ??

Please leave your Thai Chinese stereotyping out of it. I know many wonderful Thai Chinese ladies that are married to my farang friends.

I thought he was kidding you as Thai Chinese women have a much higher status than pure Thai women.

Yes, my experience too, it is downright pointless to even try having a working relation with a prostitute,

she still is, only you are the only punter so her only source of money.

My ex & current make their money by honest working, i was with my ex 7 years or so and my current 3 years,

never had any fight with either, tho they were a bit grumpy when i tried to have both jap.gif

I've had serious relationships with 10 or 20 hookers and 20 or 30 good girls. Now the only ones I even remember are the mothers of my children and them only because the kids remind me on holidays.

Maybe I actually loved some of them.

But. Don't be angry, don't be sad.

Don't sit cryin' of about the good times you had.

For those of us who live in Thailand.

There's a bar girl right next to you.

And she's just waiting for something to do.

And if you can't be with the one you love .

Honey

Love the one your with!

Now the only ones I even remember are the mothers of my children and them only because the kids remind me on holidays.

Are you serious......I really hope you fcuked up your typing again....cos otherwise...

Now the only ones I even remember are the mothers of my children and them only because the kids remind me on holidays.

Are you serious......I really hope you fcuked up your typing again....cos otherwise...

Spit it out Sam. What is on your mind.

Happily married for 9 years and 8 days.. I met her at work in Bangkok, it was hard work to get her to go out with me but I persevered and it really was worth it.

Oh yea, and her Father is Chinese, her Mother Thai... I guess that makes her Thai-Chinese. All I know is she is beautiful, a lady and my wife...

This has made my day! We've already got one "Me and my Thai-Chinese lass get on great because she's rich" poster....

Any more??

i was destitute lonely broke and desperate then this lovely Thai chinese beauty piked me up risked me away in her BMW and took me to her mansion where she cared and loved me more than anyone possibly could. She has 1000 Rai of land her parents gave us when we married and earns around 2 million baht a month as a chief executive of one of top chemical companies in Thailand. Shes 22 and im in my 80's have lost my teeth and suffer from gross wind but she truly loves me because all Thai men are bad

The truth is I found a lovely lady who for some reason loved me or at least im deluded to think that. After 17 years with 2 teenage children weve had our ups and downs but its been mostly wonderful. Like most Thais she only finished high school (in fact most Thais dont even get to High school) and most she ever earn t was around 12,000 baht a month working 12 hours a day. The secret is to be totally open and honest to understand or at least meet half way between different cultures and to totally trust your wife but only once you are fairly certain she is not a gold digger. All women want and need some security and total honesty and trust take time. Weather we would still be together if I did not have a fair amount of income and capital one will never know but I am certain she did not marry me just for some money and that for some reason genuinely loves me and I love her despite all differences in culture, age education and wealth. However I seem to be only person I know who has risked a relationship like ours who has not been totally cheated on and screwed by the love of their life but then I had spent 15 years before we met working in Asia and seen many many sad stories. It can work but needs work on both sides and signs are fairly easy to see and test if you have any thought your love is cheating you or only with you for their gain. I loathe those forang here who dont trust their wives and try to protect their pathetic money and assets and find it disgusting. If you dont trust and risk you will never have a proper relationship. All think im stupid because long ago most of my assets were put into my wifes and our 2 children's names. She always asked why and I always answered why not im much older will almost certainly go long before you or our children and I doubt I will have use of it after I go and tell her she and children need it far far more than me. People ask what if she dumps you and I can honestly say if that happened our children would be far more hurt than me. They smile thinking another fool and I smile thinking they will almost certainly never know or experience true and honest love.

And they lived happily ever after

• Like 2

My advice is supersimple and based on personal experience: LEAVE Thailand and go to the Philippines.Plenty of interesting girls over there.I do not know even one long relationship in Thailand which stands: the few multi-years relationship are based upon ' giving up' and ' quite resignation' from the side of the foreigner.I wrote a short essay on thai women, if you want I can send it to you.In the Philippines 90 percent of relationships between local girls and foreigners are successfull.Here it 's the reverse.

• Like 1

My advice is supersimple and based on personal experience: LEAVE Thailand and go to the Philippines.Plenty of interesting girls over there.I do not know even one long relationship in Thailand which stands: the few multi-years relationship are based upon ' giving up' and ' quite resignation' from the side of the foreigner.I wrote a short essay on thai women, if you want I can send it to you.In the Philippines 90 percent of relationships between local girls and foreigners are successfull.Here it 's the reverse.

Who asked for your opinion on Filipino women? Who cares what you think about Thai women? This is a Thai forum. Most here have been to both places and chose Thailand.

This has made my day! We've already got one "Me and my Thai-Chinese lass get on great because she's rich" poster....

Any more??

i was destitute lonely broke and desperate then this lovely Thai chinese beauty piked me up risked me away in her BMW and took me to her mansion where she cared and loved me more than anyone possibly could. She has 1000 Rai of land her parents gave us when we married and earns around 2 million baht a month as a chief executive of one of top chemical companies in Thailand. Shes 22 and im in my 80's have lost my teeth and suffer from gross wind but she truly loves me because all Thai men are bad

The truth is I found a lovely lady who for some reason loved me or at least im deluded to think that. After 17 years with 2 teenage children weve had our ups and downs but its been mostly wonderful. Like most Thais she only finished high school (in fact most Thais dont even get to High school) and most she ever earn t was around 12,000 baht a month working 12 hours a day. The secret is to be totally open and honest to understand or at least meet half way between different cultures and to totally trust your wife but only once you are fairly certain she is not a gold digger. All women want and need some security and total honesty and trust take time. Weather we would still be together if I did not have a fair amount of income and capital one will never know but I am certain she did not marry me just for some money and that for some reason genuinely loves me and I love her despite all differences in culture, age education and wealth. However I seem to be only person I know who has risked a relationship like ours who has not been totally cheated on and screwed by the love of their life but then I had spent 15 years before we met working in Asia and seen many many sad stories. It can work but needs work on both sides and signs are fairly easy to see and test if you have any thought your love is cheating you or only with you for their gain. I loathe those forang here who dont trust their wives and try to protect their pathetic money and assets and find it disgusting. If you dont trust and risk you will never have a proper relationship. All think im stupid because long ago most of my assets were put into my wifes and our 2 children's names. She always asked why and I always answered why not im much older will almost certainly go long before you or our children and I doubt I will have use of it after I go and tell her she and children need it far far more than me. People ask what if she dumps you and I can honestly say if that happened our children would be far more hurt than me. They smile thinking another fool and I smile thinking they will almost certainly never know or experience true and honest love.

And they lived happily ever after

Genuinely sweet...fingers crossed !