Pizza, Baked On A Pickup Truck! Thai-Street Food Become International!

oki

Amazing Thailand!

Amazing Pizza-Aroy!

Thailand's 1st wood fired mobile pizza oven on a pick up truck!

Pizza-Aroy sales their Pizza's at the Srivara, Town in Town area (2 locations) see more at their website.

Great and delicious Pizza's! Fresh out of the oven! Thin, crispy, 12 inch in size and 13 different toppings to choose from.

Absolutely perfect!

The price is 229 THB/each!

Extra toppings charged with 20 THB/each.

Isn't this amazing? I love' it!

You’ll love it!

post-110954-0-46393400-1334383832_thumb.

post-110954-0-50788600-1334383869_thumb.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he has interest or not it's not your problem. This forum can exist because of people who post on it and they should be respected whatever they post.

So boring all these people talking about what is not their business :-)

Oki your BFF ?

Great idea!!! I've been thinking about doing this for years. My wife and I make pizza regularly and we can make a pepperoni pizza (NYC style) for less than 80 baht-leaves a lot of room for profit! Out pizza is far superior to Pizza Hut (humbly 555) or worse, Pizza Company.....uggggghhhhhh

Farang, I hear ya. Surreptitious advertising here is kinda weird. On the other it gives others who have had similar ideas an avenue to chat. That said, a lot of us westerners would like to share the food we make so well but, without the family and core friend group, it's kinda tough. I dunno, I make really good pizza and my wife is a killer baker-we'd sell either or both. Or perhaps, meet some people to enjoy it with!

Doesn't look like a pick-up truck to me.

Pick-up Pizza,if its cooked in the back of a pick-up will they deliver it also?

Cooked and delivered en route now that is unique!

If you look closely, you can see the hinge (between the wood and her pizza-lifter) of the tailgate, which is apparently covered with a sheet of stainless, that she appears to be using as a counter top. The background appears to be a mobile sidewalk restaurant.

If you look closely, you can see the hinge (between the wood and her pizza-lifter) of the tailgate, which is apparently covered with a sheet of stainless, that she appears to be using as a counter top. The background appears to be a mobile sidewalk restaurant.

yeah...I noticed the same...

and I would get one of them pizzas if only to have the lady chef in the photo give me one of them dazzling smiles...wonderful photo...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 2 weeks later...

I was back at the mobile pizza place yesterday, late afternoon for an early dinner. My appetite was looking for some new, more exotic, something different, another pizza topping.

I pleased the lovely pizzaiola for assistance and finally, ...we designed this mouthwatering new pizza topping

Pizza base spread with home made pizzaiola sauce and in virgin olive oil marinated finely chopped garlics and parsley, topped with red onion rings and covered with a good portion of fresh mozzarella cheese!

Pizza aroy!

Pizza aroy mag! *****

What a meal!

ups, I forget to make a photo from this simple, but most delicious pizza.

OK, I will do it next time!

post-110954-0-79835000-1335594283_thumb.

I was back at the mobile pizza place yesterday, late afternoon for an early dinner. My appetite was looking for some new, more exotic, something different, another pizza topping.

I pleased the lovely pizzaiola for assistance and finally, ...we designed this, the following, mouthwatering 'new' pizza topping

Pizza bread, spread with home made pizzaiola sauce and in virgin olive oil marinated finely chopped garlics and parsley, topped with red onion rings and covered with a good portion of fresh mozzarella cheese!

Pizza aroy!

Pizza aroy mag! *****

What a meal!

ooops, I forget to make a photo from this simple, but most delicious pizza.

OK, I will do it next time!

Edited by oki

if only to have the lady chef in the photo give me one of them dazzling smiles..

Bloody hell tutsi mate. There's most probably more cheese in the above post than one of his pizzas.biggrin.png

• Like 2

Cannot stand the curmudgeon's moaning. Cheese is very very expensive, if you wanted it to sell cheaper you would need to use less cheese, then we would hear that it is not good because it doesnt have enough cheese. If the Pizza is good and it looks like it is, also being wood fired. Why do you not want people to give it to you without making $$$$$$. Are you that special, The answer is no. If you cannot afford it then dont buy it. If you cannot buy it then keep your opinion to yourself. Like the person who said 40 baht a slice, that would be good for you but not for the owner. I have eaten pizza in many aircon places that were terrible. Food costs have gotten crazy in Thailand in the last year. Maybe the owner can look at his margins and see if he can adjust. But people have to make rude comments without even had a try at the food. Opinions are like A-Holes, everyone has one. w00t.gif

Cannot stand the curmudgeon's moaning. Cheese is very very expensive, if you wanted it to sell cheaper you would need to use less cheese, then we would hear that it is not good because it doesnt have enough cheese. If the Pizza is good and it looks like it is, also being wood fired. Why do you not want people to give it to you without making $$$$$$. Are you that special, The answer is no. If you cannot afford it then dont buy it. If you cannot buy it then keep your opinion to yourself. Like the person who said 40 baht a slice, that would be good for you but not for the owner. I have eaten pizza in many aircon places that were terrible. Food costs have gotten crazy in Thailand in the last year. Maybe the owner can look at his margins and see if he can adjust. But people have to make rude comments without even had a try at the food. Opinions are like A-Holes, everyone has one. w00t.gif

Why don't you pop along and try it then? Give us an honest review of the place.

I suggested selling by the slice as for most of their potential customers 40 Baht is a price they will pay whereas 200 they will not.

Opened our eyes yet? rolleyes.gif

Smokie how do you know what there customers will pay? Are you the fortune teller on the corner? Again if they cannot afford to eat it then dont eat it. I see may thai's eating Yanni Pizza at much higher prices and Pizza company at much higher price's. Have you opened your eye's yet? Maybe you dont want to pay that, but why should the owner not make money? ermm.gif

• Like 1

Smokie how do you know what there customers will pay? Are you the fortune teller on the corner? Again if they cannot afford to eat it then dont eat it. I see may thai's eating Yanni Pizza at much higher prices and Pizza company at much higher price's. Have you opened your eye's yet? Maybe you dont want to pay that, but why should the owner not make money? ermm.gif

I don't want to eat a whole pizza while I'm walking down the street. Frankly I'd pay 100 Baht a slice IF I thought it worth the money.

I don't want to eat a whole pizza while I'm walking down the street. Frankly I'd pay 100 Baht a slice IF I thought it worth the money.

Yes , I agree that N.Y Pizza by the slice would be great. Priced between 60 -80 baht depending on the size, but 40 baht is not realistic and is not fair to the owner. That is why I made my reply. There was a place on Suk around soi5 but I dont think it is there anymore.

I suggested selling by the slice as for most of their potential customers 40 Baht is a price they will pay whereas 200 they will not.

You're dead right, by selling in smaller portions they can increase their potential market reach.

And at 40 baht per slice, they would increase their margins.

Pizza selling at 229bht

1 Pizza = 8 slices

8 x 40 = 320bht per pizza.

Even at 6 slices per pizza, the margins are greater 6 x 40 = 240bht per pizza.

Makes sense, na?

I'm not trying to knock their business, which in fact i think is a good idea but if I want a full pizza then i'd most likely want a sit down aircon or at least a fan.

They sell Italian style so 80 baht might be pushing it on price per slice but whatever...I wish them all the best. thumbsup.gif

I like all pizza! biggrin.png

Pizza cut into slices,on the street out the back of a pick-up.It has to be cheap.small slices at 40 baht is better.... 6 slices a pizza 240 baht!

plenty of profit and turnover in that.

Remember as the op said it is street food.If expensive and depending on locations used the Thais will not pay more than 40 baht!! unless that is you are making the strange assumption that you are going to be selling only to Farang which is why so many business's fail here.

As an example the Kebab stalls are selling small for 30 baht large 40 baht and that is in the markets in Khon Kaen.