Pizza, Baked On A Pickup Truck! Thai-Street Food Become International!

oki

Where did you get the truck made. I want one. Do not want to go go into competition I will use it in the boonies! I don't care if it makes money or not what a cool idea! PM how much the set up cost you.

Good luck with your venture!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should someone not plug his business here? He done well with business and catering advice from quite a few self-proclaimed experts here that there must be a plethora of members in the business themselves.

Wood fired ovens are the best for a good pizza. My wife has one at her restaurant and produces, according to customers, much better and cheaper pizzas than the popular chains. A good pizza made from the best ingredients isn't cheap, however. If you want a cheap roadside pizza, go to one of the crappy stalls that use gas or electricity in a small baker's oven.

I wish the owners luck in their venture. Thailand needs more decent Italian still pizzas. Perhaps the business experts here would like to try their hands too!

• Like 1

Smokie how do you know what there customers will pay? Are you the fortune teller on the corner? Again if they cannot afford to eat it then dont eat it. I see may thai's eating Yanni Pizza at much higher prices and Pizza company at much higher price's. Have you opened your eye's yet? Maybe you dont want to pay that, but why should the owner not make money? ermm.gif

I don't want to eat a whole pizza while I'm walking down the street. Frankly I'd pay 100 Baht a slice IF I thought it worth the money.

Yes , I agree that N.Y Pizza by the slice would be great. Priced between 60 -80 baht depending on the size, but 40 baht is not realistic and is not fair to the owner. That is why I made my reply. There was a place on Suk around soi5 but I dont think it is there anymore.

==============

There is a place selling "New York Pizza" on Sukhumvit Soi 4.

About 50 meters down the soi ftom Sukhumvit on the right hand side going down the soi from Sukhumvit,

Close to a new snall small "botique" hotel called the "Petals" and before the Ibis Hotel if you know the area.

It's just across the street fom a place called the GSM Residence.

Haven't been in there as I say, so no idea of their prices and whether it is any good or not

Edited by IMA_FARANG

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried this pizza as I liked the idea, but found it to be mediocre at best. Best of luck though. Maybe it is catering to Thai taste and that is fine but there are many pizzas in Bangkok better than this.

• 2 weeks later...

For sterters, Please tell me where you get pizza under 200 baht with air con? Maybe Cambodia! Its going to get expensive for all foods starting Jan 1,2013. The 300 baht a day salary wage comes into play. Good luck if you have no money. Because not only will you not be eating out, but, no money no honey!!!!

You'll struggle in Cambodia even at that price but the pizza at the Blue Dolphin on St. 172 in PP is fantastic.

selling by the slice

while a great compromise - really isn't

first the owner is already limited on space as he's doing this from a truck and while has refers to keep toppings cold he doesnt have Warner's to keep the partial pieces of pie warm

perhaps sharing a pie with a friend would be the best option for all

personally I think it's a great business and hope it never ends

question, is he making red or white sauce pizza's?

I'm currently in Italy and can't wait to try some good pizza in Thailand

i suspect you have never actually had pizza by the slice.

pizza sold by the slice the world over (though especially NY style) is popped back into the oven and warmed for a minute or two before serving. It is not kept warm because that would dry the pizza out and be quite disgusting.

some even prefer the pizza luke warm

• 4 months later...

Where did you get the truck made. I want one. Do not want to go go into competition I will use it in the boonies! I don't care if it makes money or not what a cool idea! PM how much the set up cost you.

Good luck with your venture!!!

Edited by oki

I have tried this pizza as I liked the idea, but found it to be mediocre at best. Best of luck though. Maybe it is catering to Thai taste and that is fine but there are many pizzas in Bangkok better than this.

What Pizza have you tried?

How much the charged You?

Who served You?

Where exactly they are located?

Edited by oki