Baannoi Nornmuan, Artistic Local Residence In Chiang Mai, Thailand.

gypsyrodeo

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if any of you has stayed at Baannoi Nornmuan, the artistic local residence.

If so, what are your impressions? Is it worth checking out? Is it walking distance to amenities like markets, restaurants, etc? From the website, it looks pretty cool, but is it?

I'm thinking to stay there for awhile but would love to get some reviews before booking. OK to private message me

Here is the Address: 7/6 Rat U Tit rd. soi4 T.Watgate A.Muang Chiang Mai 50000

Thanks for any input.

G-

Nice quiet area. You can walk to some restaurants along the river from there, and public transport is easy too (walk to the Chiang Mai-Lamphun Road). To actually walk to a market or to the Night Bazar are is a bit of a hike, probably 15 mins just to get to the Iron Bridge to cross the river, and to Rim Ping supermarket. Much eaiser if you get/rent a bicycle. (or moped of course)

But it's a good area overall. My wife's family have a house in that general area. (Bit closer to the Iron Bridge and Nawarat Bridge though)

You mention you're staying for a while, as in renting by the month? I saw they have a nice one bedroom + living room for 9500 baht, that looks like a good deal. (Though I'd check it out before committing; the picture gallery seems focused more on a bunch of arty pictures than to actually show what it's like.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

They charge 7 baht a unit for electricity. Can anyone help for a guesstimate on how much the monthly electrical bill would be in that one bedroom mentioned? I plan on using the AC a lot (practically all the time).

Also are there any food stands in that area within a 5 mn walk from the residence?

Thanks.

G-

They charge 7 baht a unit for electricity. Can anyone help for a guesstimate on how much the monthly electrical bill would be in that one bedroom mentioned? I plan on using the AC a lot (practically all the time).

Also are there any food stands in that area within a 5 mn walk from the residence?

Thanks.

G-

It depends if they have a government installed meter that is properly calibrated. If it isn't and u run yur a/c all day, u will have at least a 4000 baht a month bill. I was living in BKK for 2 years in a roughly 30 meter apt. and I would try to manage the use of my a/c. By that it means I would have to leave it off a lot and really feel like I would die from the extreme heat. I was charged 7 baht and they had a proper meter. I would say on an average, I still would use in the low to mid 300 units per month. Now I live in a nice and bigger place in Chonburi city and am being charged 5 baht with 2 a/c units. I only use the a/c in my bedroom and I discovered after my first month that they do not use a government calibrated meter. Just using the a/c in my bedroom and managing as described above, my electric bills are insane. Last month I used 508 units.