Ministry Plans ‘maid Miracle’

cdnvic

Ministry plans ‘maid miracle’

Published on December 23, 2005

The Labour Ministry is to help local employers by training and supplying high-quality maids from early next year, Minister Somsak Thepsuthin said yesterday. The “maid miracle”, as the programme is called, aims to produce maids who can answer phones, handle queries, and serve drinks and meals. It is part of a bid to lighten the burden on employers, Somsak said.

The programme comes in response to modern social needs, especially in Bangkok, where there are children and elderly people in need of care. Well-trained maids would be very useful, he said.

Untrained maids were prone to quit after a few months of work, he said, and were often a headache for their employers, rather than a help with domestic work.

“I haven’t set a target for the number of maids to be trained, but I intend to produce the greatest number possible,” the minister said.

Somsak said he talked with Mingkwan Saengsuwan, head of the Mass Communications Organisation of Thailand, about running commercials on Channel 9 television before New Year’s Day to promote the programme.

The Nation

If they will come from Surin or Isaan,around 20 years old, and in addition to the skills they learned thay will be pretty and sexy ,I take 2....where can I make a booking?

Ministry plans ‘maid miracle’

Published on December 23, 2005

The Labour Ministry is to help local employers by training and supplying high-quality maids from early next year, Minister Somsak Thepsuthin said yesterday. The “maid miracle”, as the programme is called, aims to produce maids who can answer phones, handle queries, and serve drinks and meals. It is part of a bid to lighten the burden on employers, Somsak said.

The programme comes in response to modern social needs, especially in Bangkok, where there are children and elderly people in need of care. Well-trained maids would be very useful, he said.

Untrained maids were prone to quit after a few months of work, he said, and were often a headache for their employers, rather than a help with domestic work.

“I haven’t set a target for the number of maids to be trained, but I intend to produce the greatest number possible,” the minister said.

Somsak said he talked with Mingkwan Saengsuwan, head of the Mass Communications Organisation of Thailand, about running commercials on Channel 9 television before New Year’s Day to promote the programme.

The Nation

maid in 30 days apparently , even though most of the women ( i doubt if they intend to accept men ) would have spent their formative years in training at home looking after their elders.

and I really cannot see them replacing the 1500baht a month illegal burmese/lao immigrants.

minimum wage for maids - I doubt it.

"If they will come from Surin or Isaan,around 20 years old, and in addition to the skills they learned thay will be pretty and sexy ,I take 2....where can I make a booking?"

Could I order twins please? :o:D

Their really serious about this? They can say this with a straight face?

Amazing Thailand!

~WISteve

'elderly people'... mmmm

Would they be referring to old ugly farangs? :o

And yet another coffee-table conversational whim comes to us plebes as a "project," "plan," or "policy." Gee, let's train better maids 'cause we MPs have such a hard time finding good help! They may even manage to find some public money to help them in this well-deserved goal of theirs.

"Steven"