Abhisit Urges PM Yingluck To Be More Focused

Lite Beer

Abhisit urges PM Yingluck to be more focused

image_20120415150436B50838D9-F017-CCA4-7CAD679B094C7551.jpg

BANGKOK, April 15 - The opposition Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva on Sunday urged Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to improve her top job performance with more decisive action.

In appraising the premier's nine-month performance, the former prime minister said Ms Yingluck should be more focused and stop running the country without direction.

"Over the past nine months, it was clearly seen that the premier's role was limited in particular from making decisions on almost key political issues," Abhisit pointed out. "It is tantamount to having a leader who could not communicate with her people on the country's important issues. Her administration appeared to be directionless and irresponsible."

He singled out the premier's frequent absences from parliamentary sessions as inappropriate and unaccountable for the people.

"Following the Songkran holiday, I would like to see the premier as a truly democratically-elected leader with social responsibility. Don't overly rely on political advisers but be more focused and work to her best ability based on righteousness," Mr Abhisit advised.

The Democrat Party leader viewed that political and economic risk factors still persisted, in particular rising cost of living and inflation which remains a major threat amid fragile global economy. If the government insisted on pressing ahead with politically sensitive issues, he warned that could lead to conflicts which threaten political stability and that would likely impact the economy. Any economic mismanagement would adversely affect political stability, therefore both the economy and politics should be amended accordingly.

In a related development, an opinion poll conducted by Suan Dusit Rajabhat University found that 36 percent of 2,249 respondents wanted the see the government achieving national reconciliation for the sake of national interest, rather than personal gains or for its allies' interest.

Regarding the role of the opposition, 35.1 per cent suggested that the opposition should stop trying to hamstring the government in every issue, while 30.71 per cent urged the opposition to bear in mind national and public interests, and another 16 per cent thought that the opposition should jointly work out with the government to find a formula for national reconciliation.

The survey was conducted among people from all walks of life between April 9-14. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-04-15

She is very focused. She is focused on following her brothers orders and agenda to the letter, and making sure her brother comes back and become a PM again

You beat me to it. Here I also totally disagree with k. Abhisit. Our dear PM yingluck and her cabinet seem very much focussed. "All for one, and more for him"

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

PT is not directionless

There direction is to get Taksin back to Thailand

with a clean slate from all the charge he has been

convicted of and to reconcile/reunite him with his

money.

That seems like a pretty clear direction

The rest is all irrelevant

I'm losing count the amount of times he has threatened instability in the country - it's almost as if he is wishing it. Well the army seems content to stay in the barracks for now and I don't think the yellow shirts have forgiven him yet so it looks like he's going to have to wait a while before trying to win by election, the usual way for most people.

If the government insisted on pressing ahead with politically sensitive issues, he warned that could lead to conflicts which threaten political stability and that would likely impact the economy.

• Like 2

I'm losing count the amount of times he has threatened instability in the country - it's almost as if he is wishing it. Well the army seems content to stay in the barracks for now and I don't think the yellow shirts have forgiven him yet so it looks like he's going to have to wait a while before trying to win by election, the usual way for most people.

So do you think Yingluck should ignore Abhisit's advice and just go on exactly as she has been over the past 9 months? Are you impressed by her performance?

• Like 2

While the democrats concentrate their efforts on the usual suspect, Yingluck has been doing what she does best, ensuring the support base feels they are not neglected.......it appears to be working......

Is this a sign that Abhisit has woken up, and has accepted his waning popularity needs to be addressed, before he becomes an insignificant bit player......out thought yet again

While the democrats concentrate their efforts on the usual suspect, Yingluck has been doing what she does best, ensuring the support base feels they are not neglected.......it appears to be working......

Is this a sign that Abhisit has woken up, and has accepted his waning popularity needs to be addressed, before he becomes an insignificant bit player......out thought yet again

"Abhisit has woken up, and has accepted his waning popularity" ?

This needs clarification, dear geo unless it's just your opinion of course smile.png

Yingluk said that she is unaware of that, hasn't been informed, and doubts sincerely that it has occurred. BIG smile.

When reminded that there is a cabinet meeting to discuss the issue, she noted that she will be in Chiang Mai at the opening of the Prada store, and won't be able to attend as her helicopter lacks night-vision radar.

• Like 2

If the government insisted on pressing ahead with politically sensitive issues, he warned that could lead to conflicts which threaten political stability and that would likely impact the economy.

I think he has threatened it about half the number of times Thaksin has said he is not in to politics any more.

"Abhisit has woken up, and has accepted his waning popularity" ?

This needs clarification, dear geo unless it's just your opinion of course smile.png

473---If this was NOT Abhisit speaking, I would have thought it was good and to the point, if this advise seems to be wrong to some, it just shows that the blinkers are on. Or is it that constructive critics are not allowed. If this was Abhisits government and was performing like Yingluck, I would be bashing the same. Can you understand opposition is not always Dems. Usually it's neutrals, but any opposing comments are deemed to be in your eyes, Dem supporters.

Edited by ginjag

She is doing quite well in that department making her support base feel spamsign.gifsupported while in actuality doing nothing for them.

Yingluk said that she is unaware of that, hasn't been informed, and doubts sincerely that it has occurred. BIG smile.

When reminded that there is a cabinet meeting to discuss the issue, she noted that she will be in Chiang Mai at the opening of the Prada store, and won't be able to attend as her helicopter lacks night-vision radar.

cheesy.gif

-mel. clap2.gif

She is doing quite well in that department making her support base feel spamsign.gifsupported while in actuality doing nothing for them.

Then undoubtedly she is a far far better poitician than she is given credit for.........clap2.gif

before he becomes an insignificant bit player......out thought yet again

Becomes? rolleyes.gif

I think he has become insignificant, he must have forgotten he lost the last election badly and resigned, only to be bought back as the leader. He did nothing while he was the PM and therefore the people spoke, get out and he has the hide to give PM Yingluck advise.

Becomes? rolleyes.gif

Has anyone paid attention to the public opinion poll in the last paragraph of the article?

"Regarding the role of the opposition, 35.1 per cent suggested that the opposition should stop trying to hamstring the government in every issue, while 30.71 per cent urged the opposition to bear in mind national and public interests, and another 16 per cent thought that the opposition should jointly work out with the government to find a formula for national reconciliation."

Looks like in spite of it all the opposition has not found a sweet spot in their strategy to hamper this administration.

I am sure that the usual suspects will dismiss that poll as inaccurate, biased, etc. Maybe to Thais it is obvious that the ex-premier is grandstanding and not working (leading by example) for the good of the country. The usual: do as I say not what I do.

• Like 2

Becomes? rolleyes.gif

Has anyone paid attention to the public opinion poll in the last paragraph of the article?

"Regarding the role of the opposition, 35.1 per cent suggested that the opposition should stop trying to hamstring the government in every issue, while 30.71 per cent urged the opposition to bear in mind national and public interests, and another 16 per cent thought that the opposition should jointly work out with the government to find a formula for national reconciliation."

Looks like in spite of it all the opposition has not found a sweet spot in their strategy to hamper this administration.

I am sure that the usual suspects will dismiss that poll as inaccurate, biased, etc. Maybe to Thais it is obvious that the ex-premier is grandstanding and not working (leading by example) for the good of the country. The usual: do as I say not what I do.

It´s much better to urge the Government to work in the intrest of the Thai people insted of the intrest of one man.

Perhaps it is the only way Mr. Abhisit sees of regaining power and serving his masters?

Perhaps it is the only way Mr. Abhisit sees of regaining power and serving his masters?

Like the PTP Government serving their "master" in Dubai?

She should also be focused on her words, like "President of Malaysia".

Another is "overcome" instead of "welcome" when greeting Hillary Clinton.

Just to name a few.

But she is a Shinawatra so foot in mouth runs in the family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY8UnkUVHEA

Edited by LindsayBKK

She should also be focused on her words, like "President of Malaysia".

Another is "overcome" instead of "welcome" when greeting Hillary Clinton.

Just to name a few.

But she is a Shinawatra so foot in mouth runs in the family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY8UnkUVHEA

She really showed bad manner when she was playing with her mobile during a Royal funeral.

Money can bay a lot, but not class.

Did we get similar public opinion polls when we had the Abhisit government and the opposiion led by Pheu Thai questioning every single move the government tried to make?

Maybe to Thais it's obvious that the PM really doesn't have a clue and asking her questions is close to 'crimes against humanity' ?

At least with PM Yingluck the 'do as I say, not what I do' is easy. She say she doesn't know and she seems to smile a lot smile.png

Edited by rubl

I'm losing count of the amount of times that you misunderstand statements and twist them as something completely different.

I'm losing count of the amount of times that you misunderstand statements and twist them as something completely different.

I'm sorry just for you I will qualify my statement - it still stands that he is making a lot of comments about whatever the PTP

does it could lead to political instability. Happy now?

There is a risk of instability. And you just have to ask why, as political parties, as representatives of the people, do you want to risk the country’s future just to whitewash one man?” he told the FT. June 14th 2011

http://www.ft.com/cm...l#axzz1sAuNRu5u

Abhisit has done just that, warning in an interview with Reuters on Tuesday that the country, which has been racked by sporadic unrest for the past five years, could lurch into a new round of instability if his rivals win power. June 14th 2011

http://in.reuters.co...-57727520110616

Abhisit Vejjajiva told the BBC that the next government should not "put one man's interest before the country's.

It brings instability." 26th June 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-13919780

Bangkok - Thailand's political stability over the next four years will hinge on the government's stance towards

fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva warned Friday.

'If the government wants a peaceful four years in office, they can have it, but if they want to provoke

controversies, it's there,' said Abhisit, Thailand's prime minister from 2009 until July 2011, when his Democrat

Party lost an election to the Pheu Thai party. December 23rd 2011

http://news.monsters...pposition-warns

Abhisit said his fellow Democrats wanted to lift the country's out of the persisting turmoil fuelled by the power

struggle in order to devote attention to address structural issues like the economic disparity and social injustice. March 30th 2012

http://www.nationmul...y-30179059.html

The Democrat Party leader viewed that political and economic risk factors still persisted, in particular rising cost of living and inflation which remains a major threat amid fragile global economy. If the government insisted on pressing ahead with politically sensitive issues, he warned that could lead to conflicts which threaten political stability.......

15th April 2012

http://www.mcot.net/...age/353867.html

• Like 1

Did we get similar public opinion polls when we had the Abhisit government and the opposiion led by Pheu Thai questioning every single move the government tried to make?

Maybe to Thais it's obvious that the PM really doesn't have a clue and asking her questions is close to 'crimes against humanity' ?

At least with PM Yingluck the 'do as I say, not what I do' is easy. She say she doesn't know and she seems to smile a lot smile.png

As I recall, ...

There were some posted at the end of last year with comparisons to 2010 / Abhisit gov't. I don't have the time to look them up for you (and the search doesn't seem to like my browser much), but they're on TVF.

Like the PTP Government serving their "master" in Dubai?

How many million people voted for PT knowing full well that bringing Mr Thaksin back was high on the agenda. Yes I agree he is the leader of the PT but at leasts hes known to all, whereas we may never know who was pulling Abhisits strings but we can all make an educated guess.