California Wow Fitness Bankrupt Sued By Bangkok Bank

Rimmer

They are VERY specific about the 100 yearly renewal. It must be done timely or you lose you renewal option. On the positive note, they have allowed me to pay it Far in advance so there is no excuse for missing the payment.

I seem to remember awhile back someone saying they paid 10 years of renewal fees in advance. I thought this might be a good idea to prevent me from forgetting. When I asked them about this earlier this year they wouldn't allow it. Perhaps they introduced a new policy on this?

I paid 15 years renawal fees in advance when I signed up,later they didn't allow this anymore since they count on the fact that you will forget as it will cancel your membership.

Of course, the business model is a quasi-scam...why anyone would want to be associated with such a business is beyond me.

Why is a renewal fee a quasi scam?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, the business model is a quasi-scam...why anyone would want to be associated with such a business is beyond me.

It all comes down to the workout. The quality of my workout is more important than any concerns over shady business practices, which are probably going on in all gyms here anyway.

It's not like we have dozens of high quality gyms to choose from here in Pattaya, is it? When it comes to well equipped, air-conditioned gyms the choice is even more limited, in fact California Wow is the only choice.

If you are really concerned about business practices, Thailand isn't your place.

Edited by tropo

It all comes down to the workout. The quality of my workout is more important than any concerns over shady business practices, which are probably going on in all gyms here anyway.

It's not like we have dozens of high quality gyms to choose from here in Pattaya, is it? When it comes to well equipped, air-conditioned gyms the choice is even more limited, in fact California Wow is the only choice.

If you are really concerned about business practices, Thailand isn't your place.

you can be fully aware that business practices in Thailand are questionable

and still enjoy the place. It just means not being silly enough to indulge laugh.png

Edited by Asiantravel

you can be fully aware that business practices in Thailand are questionable

and still enjoy the place. It just means not being silly enough to indulge laugh.png

Or take a gamble as in the case of cheap liftetime memberships at California Wow. To be honest, I'm surprised they haven't come up with a new angle to void our lifetime memberships. If the gym doesn't close but changes hands that may well happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Fact?... no. CaWow is not the only choice if looking for an air conditioned gym, Fairtex also have an air conditioned gym inside their facilities. Yes I know you'll belittle Fairtex as not a real gym in your opinion, because of limited dumbbells or something you said on another post. The gym is fine for most people, albeit not as big a foot print for gym only facilities, but they don't cater to the same clientele. Fairtex of course have courts, studios, Muaythai among other things, so they use their space differently.

Fact?... no. CaWow is not the only choice if looking for an air conditioned gym, Fairtex also have an air conditioned gym inside their facilities. Yes I know you'll belittle Fairtex as not a real gym in your opinion, because of limited dumbbells or something you said on another post. The gym is fine for most people, albeit not as big a foot print for gym only facilities, but they don't cater to the same clientele. Fairtex of course have courts, studios, Muaythai among other things, so they use their space differently.

Even if you consider Fairtex an option, that still doesn't leave a lot of choices, does it?

Even if you consider Fairtex an option, that still doesn't leave a lot of choices, does it?

Perhaps so, but one more than saying CaWow is the only choice and all is lost if they go, which is unlikely anyway.

Perhaps so, but one more than saying CaWow is the only choice and all is lost if they go, which is unlikely anyway.

I hope you're right because I don't consider Fairtex an option.

Also doesn't have all the sex-tourists and their "girlfriends" prancing around the place...of course for some, that's the main plus of WOW. No "roid-heads" standing in front of the mirrors admiration themselves to death either.

Also doesn't have all the sex-tourists and their "girlfriends" prancing around the place...of course for some, that's the main plus of WOW. No "roid-heads" standing in front of the mirrors admiration themselves to death either.

Is there any there any need for posting ridiculous nonsense like this?

Very few guys train with their girlfriends and there aren't many "roid-heads" in there. although a "roid-head" to you is probably anyone with a half decent physique.

A large percentage of customers are expats trying to do the best they can. There's also plenty of Thai members and lots of tourists train there too.

When it comes to California Wow you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about so why don't you find another thread on which to take out your frustrations.

Edited by tropo

Is there any there any need for posting ridiculous nonsense like this?

Very few guys train with their girlfriends and there aren't many "roid-heads" in there. although a "roid-head" to you is probably anyone with a half decent physique.

A large percentage of customers are expats trying to do the best they can. There's also plenty of Thai members and lots of tourists train there too.

When it comes to California Wow you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about so why don't you find another thread on which to take out your frustrations.

Total Agree.

They are closing it seems:

http://www.rent-apar...finitively.html

From the link:

Members from these clubs will have their membership upgraded to be able to exercise at other branches and cities.

Pattaya Cwow fitness won't close.

Chiang Mai Cwow fitness won't close.

Bangkok Pinklao Cwow fitness won't close.

Bangkok Paragon Cwow fitness won't close.

Bangkok Ekkamai Cwow fitness won't close.

Bangkok Esplanade Cwow fitness won't close

Very little "Prancing" in Calf WOW Pattaya. Have you ever been inside?

Very little "Prancing" in Calf WOW Pattaya. Have you ever been inside?

I would say he's never been in there...

I took an extra close look at who was in there this afternoon after I read that ridiculous post. In 2 hours there I noticed that just about all the guys were in their 50's and 60's or even older. There were lots of ordinary Joes doing cardio. Quite a few Thais, young and old, male and female, training too. Quite a number of personal trainers were working with their Thai clients. Saw a few sexy female (Farang) tourists training too...

All in all a pleasant mix of people trying their best to get into shape. Not one single mirror junkie in there... but bear in mind that we all use the mirrors in gyms - that's why they are there.

Jeez FarangBudhha, you sure are sour this week

New trainers are coming to Pattaya branch, so it won't close for sure...

"New trainers"?

New equipment, new members or new personal trainers?

I've seen some new faces in the personal trainer dept.

calafornia wow has impressed me.I love it there(recently joined)

Some of those cardio machines are incredible

very expensive to

i always wondered the need for personal trainers

a quick look on any move on the internet will show you which techniques to use.

Also building muscle or loosing weight i think there is not much science to unless you want to be the hulk or some extreme fighter..watching what you east with cardio and the weight will come off

it is not that difficult really.I would only get a trainer if i had a movie role quickly approaching and needed to get cut up.And they would have to be not the average trainer. I would nee th personal trailor of whats his face.The guy who will be in the next batman movie

TOM HARDY ?

you can see him on you tube with his trainor

some good moves

Edited by Markland

The sad aspect about how CA Wow is managed, is how there is no one to put the weights/equipment away. True, the is staff hanging around but they are pushing to be your trainer or to upgrade your membership. Meanwhile, the short term members (in Pattaya CA Wow) that are on holiday, go there and grunt and bench press twice their weight; yet cannot put a dumbbell away. I am sure they do not do that in their hometown gym.

The sad aspect about how CA Wow is managed, is how there is no one to put the weights/equipment away. True, the is staff hanging around but they are pushing to be your trainer or to upgrade your membership. Meanwhile, the short term members (in Pattaya CA Wow) that are on holiday, go there and grunt and bench press twice their weight; yet cannot put a dumbbell away. I am sure they do not do that in their hometown gym.

Yep. They really need a floor manager. When you get hundreds of people training together from all over the world there can be a lot of confusion about gym protocol. For example, I learned from a Kuwaiti friend that in Kuwaiti gyms all the weights are thrown all over the floor in most gyms. No one puts stuff away.

What annoys me more is people slamming weights and pin stacks down. There's a lot of bent pins from this - and the 100 DB's are bent. They even let people train there with gym bags. I've noticed a lot of small stuff has gone missing over the last 3 years.

I saw someone train without shoes. I told the guy at the PT counter to advise that person that it is dangerous for her little toes. The reply was: mai pen rai, which I think meant "mind your own business".

If you have a tendency to drop weights on your toes I'd suggest you train in steel capped boots.

Seriously, now many people drop weights on their toes? I never see it and I've never done it.

I saw someone train without shoes. I told the guy at the PT counter to advise that person that it is dangerous for her little toes. The reply was: mai pen rai, which I think meant "mind your own business".

Maybe she was just doing a few sets in between her boxing training. ALL the boxing training is done without shoes. How exactly would that bother you ? Her risk, same as driving without a helment.

Maybe she was just doing a few sets in between her boxing training. ALL the boxing training is done without shoes. How exactly would that bother you ? Her risk, same as driving without a helment.

Does not bother me at all. It is a safety issue like helmets. And no, she was not kick boxing. She went almost an hour.

For the record, my post was in response to the one preceding mine about people slamming weights down. In fact, I did witness a gorrilla slam the dumbbell down rather close to the poor lady's feet.

As the PT said, mai pen rai. Some people will forget that in their own countries you'd be disallowed on the gym floor without shoes.

If you have a tendency to drop weights on your toes I'd suggest you train in steel capped boots.

Seriously, now many people drop weights on their toes? I never see it and I've never done it.

Not on her own toes, duh. You might have noticed how tight the area is and how some people do drop their weights like a ton of bricks near where you are standing. Safety issue for her good self, that's all. Not 100% protection, just some small measure towards safety.

Oh, never mind.

Not on her own toes, duh. You might have noticed how tight the area is and how some people do drop their weights like a ton of bricks near where you are standing. Safety issue for her good self, that's all. Not 100% protection, just some small measure towards safety.

Oh, never mind.

Your right, that in every gym I have ever gone into, Closed toe shoes are required or NO entry. One time I saw a lady in 5 inch spiked heels doing a few sets. Maybe, not that best idea but she did look good. ha ha ha