Resident Alien

Does anyone know if my Thai wife has to live in the States to get a resident alien status. Since we don't have any plans to move there in the near future, I would like to get some information and maybe some direction on this subject.  :o

I believe your wife can apply for a green card when she enters the U.S., but in order to keep it you will have to file for a renewal every year(??) if you live overseas.

I suggest you search the immigration website, and or talk to the Embassy in Thailand.

BD

I know very little about US immigration rules and procedures, but, despite our transatlantic cousins prevalence for distorting the English language,  surely to qualify for "Resident Alien" status one has to be..........resident!

I would like to apologize to GU22 for my stupid question. I was taught that there was no such thing as a stupid "question" So in the future I would suggest to all that they first check with the king of all distorted english before they post so as to ask a proper question. Thank you for my english lesson.