Real Beer

baan_yangyai

:D  :D

Can someone PLEASE help me find a place in either Bangkok or NakornRatchasima where I can get Real ale. I am sick to the teeth of the Thai watery swill (Singha, Chang etc.).!

Anxiously awaiting ANY suggestions!

I've lived in Thailand continuously for 12 years and I have yet to see what you call "Real Ale". There is no such thing here....nor possibly anywhere else outside of the UK.

Try "Red Horse" bottled by San Miguel and it's stronger than Chang. :o

:D  :D

Can someone PLEASE help me find a place in either Bangkok or NakornRatchasima where I can get Real ale. I am sick to the teeth of the Thai watery swill (Singha, Chang etc.).!

Anxiously awaiting ANY suggestions!

Thanks, I'll certainly give it a try if i can find it here in Korat! :D

:o

Any 7 - 11, Tesco Lotus or Big C will stock it.....together with "Blue Ice" from San Miguel.

I've lived in Thailand continuously for 12 years and I have yet to see what you call "Real Ale". There is no such thing here....nor possibly anywhere else outside of the UK.

off subject here, but california and oregon have some great "Real Ale" local brews

Try Martin at the Ferrang conection, Surin, he has the real ales, this is one thing i miss when in Thailand, the old Rev James, Old perculier, speckled hen, London Pride, hel_l i am gasping, just popping out for a beer,........... mid day in the UK.

I will have one for you,................................

Edited by Thaicoon

Try Martin at the Ferrang conection, Surin, he has the real ales, this is one thing i miss when in Thailand, the old Rev James, Old perculier, speckled hen, London Pride, hel_l i am gasping, just popping out for a beer,........... mid day in the UK.

We used to have;

Old Speckled Hen

Theakstens Old Peculiar

Wadworths 4x

Bishop's Finger

Spitfire

Fiddlers Elbow

Hobgoblin

Fullers London Pride

Directors

Becks

Holstien

Unfortunately someone shopped us to customs and it got siezed, even though I had paid duty on it. It seemed funny they came when I was in Pattaya as well.

Now all the European beer I do are ones you can buy in Thailand.

Tetleys

John Smiths

Newcastle Brown

Dry Blackthorn

Strongbow

Guinness

Diebels Alt

Erdinger

Erdinger Dunkel

Erdinger Champ

Paulaner

Salvator

Grolsch

Grolsch Amber

Copperberg Pear

Copperberg Apple

We used to have;

Old Speckled Hen

Theakstens Old Peculiar

Wadworths 4x

Bishop's Finger

Spitfire

Fiddlers Elbow

Hobgoblin

Fullers London Pride

Directors

Becks

Holstien

Unfortunately someone shopped us to customs and it got siezed, even though I had paid duty on it. It seemed funny they came when I was in Pattaya as well.

Now all the European beer I do are ones you can buy in Thailand.

Tetleys

John Smiths

Newcastle Brown

Dry Blackthorn

Strongbow

Guinness

Diebels Alt

Erdinger

Erdinger Dunkel

Erdinger Champ

Paulaner

Salvator

Grolsch

Grolsch Amber

Copperberg Pear

Copperberg Apple

I love the the wonderful, malty Bucanero. But that comes from Cuba.

I doubt whether there is any trade between Thailand and Cuba except in cigars ?

Cheers

:o

I think your best bet is to get yourself a visa drive a few hundred k's up the road and get stuck into some beer Lao.

With regards to Bangkok try the more upmarket supermakets and you can pick up some German beer. And remember Germany has a 100% purity law for its beer mmmmmmmmm

I think your best bet is to get yourself a visa drive a few hundred k's up the road and get stuck into some beer Lao.

Eh..? Why..? may as well just buy Leo... :D

totster :D

With all due respect my friend beer Lao is the dogs nuts. Nicest beer in the region.

Well.. each to their own I 'spose... while I agree it's not a bad beer.. it doesn't stand out as the nicest in the region (apart from in Lao :D ).

Definately not worth a trip to Lao just to buy it IMHO.. can just buy Leo :o

With all due respect my friend beer Lao is the dogs nuts. Nicest beer in the region.

Well.. each to their own I 'spose... while I agree it's not a bad beer.. it doesn't stand out as the nicest in the region (apart from in Lao :D ).

Fair enough. When I first came to Thailand I drank Chang and after a while I tired of that and changed to Leo and then Heineken. Now I have turned full circle and drink Chang again. Ho Hum! Happy new year!

Right now, Carrefour are selling 500 ml. cans of John Smiths Smooth for 125 baht each. The cans have the "widget" thingy so pour very good - drink from a glass, it tastes mich better. Not the best of British ales I admitt as only 4% but they make a welcome change to the rubbish we have to suffer over here.

As an aside, if you've never tried Red Horse, then do so. Lacks taste I admitt, but oh so smooth! :o

• 1 month later...

Hey Totster!

Really like your avatar man! Do you know thos 2 PYT's personally? :D