Cement Parking Area Cost

mhortig

What is the current approximate m2 cost for a cement driveway/parking area done by contractor. We will need 50 m2 including a walkway to the house. We want some metal reinforcing, but there is only one small car that will be using it. I would like to get an idea of what the "all in package price" with a contractor, people have been paying recently.. This will be very useful for negotiations. Thanks.

I just had 140m2 covered with concrete, reinforced with 10mm steel. Hired the people to do the work myself. And got the concrete delivered to the house at about 1900 baht a m3. It all worked out at about 300 baht a m2.

Cheers

Nana

• 2 months later...

For car park you need 10 cm of concrete thickness. I paid 310 Baht/m2

For walking area you need 7.5 cm of concrete. I paid 280 Baht/m2. My Thai uncle paid 260 Baht/m2

This was all in April 2012: all together 200 m2

did this include digging out the 10cm?

No. But the area needed levelling, so a tractor came to push away mud and grass for a couple of hours.

The m2 price included gravel installed at the sides of the road, slope 1:2.5 approx.

Only at the walking area the m2 price included digging 7.5 cm.

Anyway, digging is cheap.

For car park you need 10 cm of concrete thickness. I paid 310 Baht/m2

For walking area you need 7.5 cm of concrete. I paid 280 Baht/m2. My Thai uncle paid 260 Baht/m2

This was all in April 2012: all together 200 m2

what steel (diameter and distance) was embedded?

No. But the area needed levelling, so a tractor came to push away mud and grass for a couple of hours.

The m2 price included gravel installed at the sides of the road, slope 1:2.5 approx.

Only at the walking area the m2 price included digging 7.5 cm.

Anyway, digging is cheap.

we had about a 800m x 4m concrete road built...no digging ..steel framing...road base of gravel/stone, then sand with mesh re-bar about 15cm overall..Cost was about 130kbt 6 years ago though.

Just finished laying of concrete patio/deck ( hollow wedge suspended with retaining wall as on a grade) ...ready for tiling now...mixed about 4 cubic meters of fricking concrete by hand me and wifey..biggest expense was the beer and liniment....never again, too old for this shit...5555!!

we had about a 800m x 4m concrete road built...no digging ..steel framing...road base of gravel/stone, then sand with mesh re-bar about 15cm overall..Cost was about 130kbt 6 years ago though.

congratulations, seems quite cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

not to rain on anybody's driveway, but with the pudding they call soil in the river basin areas (not mountainsides) of LoS, I'd recommend compacting the earth, then construct a 150mm compacted gravel base, then pour your concrete with 10mm reinforcing at 300 on center each way - in a grid held up off the bottom surface - and with control joints at 4-5M spacing and at corners. Make sure your concrete is a stiff mix, not the soy lattes they like to ladle into holes here.

Better yet, use grass block:

post-111479-0-16260100-1346724151_thumb.

flexes with the substrate, won't heat up the air above it as much as concrete, probably cheaper than a proper, reinforced slab & base, and looks better.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...