Sukhumvit-Area Laundry Services

ivan96822

Can anybody recommend a place to get clothes cleaned, dried, and folded, all for a reasonable price, in the Sukhumvit-Soi 4 area?

Last year, I paid about 300 baht for a grumpy lady to take two days to get my clothes back to me. They smelled great and were folded, but that seems a bit too much for my preferences.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Sure ...

Depending on your starting point, but since you mentioned Soi Nana, lets start there.

All the even number Sois are on the same side of the road so head up along Sukhumvit Rd and on the same side as Nana towards Soi 8.

After crossing over Soi8 there are a number of Indian Tailors and then a little past this is a small opening with a set of scales and a small younger Indian man sitting there usually.

He collects the Laundry, sends it away and you can collect it express (costs more) or, depending on when you dropped it by, later that evening.

You can pay on drop-off or collection.

It's washed AND ironed and no complaints from me.

If you cross over a driveway and see the Bangkok Bank or your right ... you've gone a little to far.

If you have walked past the Park and got to Soi 10, then you have gone waaaay to far.

As a further pointer there is one of those pedestrian cross over bridges which empties out right where he sits.

If, per chance, you see the scales and the advertising sandwich board and he is not there, most likely he is gas-bagging with some of the Indians and given a little time he will spot you and come on over.

When he asks for a name, I usually just give my telephone number at this is more useful.

Keep the receipt he gives you.

Let me know if you found this useful.

Wasn't an oversight ... but can't remember it.

I did look in my travel bag for a price list but don't have one as I don't live in Thailand.

As a general rule, I don't pay over the tops for anything (Scottish Heritage if you get my drift) so I'm sure he's near the money.

If you don't like his service, duck down Soi 8 and about 100 metres (from memory) on the right there is a small internet shop and the lady (who I am sure has not read the advertising for Thailand as The Land of smiles) has a small laundry service also but last time I used her she didn't iron.

Back to the little 'Indian' guy ... roughly 180 Baht for a weeks washing which is returned washed, ironed and in a nice clean Laundry bag similar to a dry cleaning service.

Sorry ... the ole' grey matter is used up now.

OH, one more thing... unless you want to use the Chinese money changer on the other side of that pedestrian bridge (and over Soi 11) then that Branch of the Bangkok Bank 15 metres from the Laundry Service has an external Foreign Exchange window and often the best rates of the major banks ... though the Chinese guy on the other side and down a bit gives the best rates.

If you need other services in that area … post here and happy to help.