Bangkok Finally Gets Its Own Provincial Slogan

webfact

Bangkok Finally Gets Its Own Provincial Slogan

BANGKOK: -- On the occasion of its 230th year as the capital of Thailand, Bangkok will finally get its own provincial slogan selected from more than 120,000 votes.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has recently organized a contest, in search of the provincial slogan that would best reflect the capital's uniqueness.

Out of all entries submitted for the contest, five were selected to the final round, which was open for the public to vote between March 21 and April 19.

Deputy Bangkok Governor Taya Teepsuwan said that a total of more than 125,000 postcards were mailed to vote for the slogans.

After the vote count, the slogan which says “As built by deities, the administrative center, dazzling palaces and temples, the capital of Thailand” has been declared the winner with more than 42,000 votes.

The winning provincial slogan will be used on special occasions, including the 230th anniversary of the establishment of Bangkok as the capital.

The winning contestant will receive 500,000 baht cash prize, while 100,000 baht in cash will be awarded to one voter selected from a lucky draw.

The awarding ceremony to be presided over by Governor of Bangkok, Sukhumbhand Paribatra, is expected to take place soon.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-05-14

footer_n.gif

I'd rather say the overcrowded stressful capital of Thailand suits better than a backstabbing lie to attract clueless tourists to the city...

This place is going down in the future...

Edited by MaxLee

Each to their own opinions. rolleyes.gif

I quite like Bangkok in small doses, & tourists/visitors can keep themselves occupied for days/weeks doing various stuff in and around the capital.

I kept myself occupied for 9 years. Do I get a star?

Each to their own opinions. rolleyes.gif

I quite like Bangkok in small doses, & tourists/visitors can keep themselves occupied for days/weeks doing various stuff in and around the capital.

I kept myself occupied for 9 years. Do I get a star?

Absolutely, go to the head of the class. :D

I'd rather say the overcrowded stressful capital of Thailand suits better than a backstabbing lie to attract clueless tourists to the city...

This place is going down in the future...

Obviously you don't like Bangkok, but millions of people do. It's a very vibrant city. It's not stressful to everyone, so take a look at what you do and cut out the stressful activities. I feel very relaxed living in Bangkok. Yes, everyone gets stressed from time to time, but I wouldn't say the city itself is a stressful place. Quite the opposite.

“As built by deities, the administrative center, dazzling palaces and temples, the capital of Thailand”

In other words กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยามหาดิลก ภพนพรัตน์ ราชธานีบุรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์ มหาสถาน อมรพิมาน อวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยะ วิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์

:rolleyes:

“As built by deities, the administrative center, dazzling palaces and temples, the capital of Thailand”

In other words กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยามหาดิลก ภพนพรัตน์ ราชธานีบุรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์ มหาสถาน อมรพิมาน อวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยะ วิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์

rolleyes.gif

It just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

Or was it that it breaks your face to say it?

Let me check that up...

rolleyes.gif

It just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

Or was it that it breaks your face to say it?

I tried to say it in one go and cracked a smile. :rolleyes: