Happy New Year!

baht&sold

I'm currently poolside on wifi in hua Hin- wishing every day could be like this! :D

No particular plans for tonight, dinner with friends at the "Pasta Factory" (great eats if you're in hh;) and after maybe just red wine on the beach for the countdown (sightly chilled is the way I like my cabernet;:o. Looking fwd to hundreds of kom loy lanterns being lit and sent to the heavens (hopefully not burning anyone's roof!).

Where are YOU and what are you up to tonight? Doesn't really matter if it's ringing in the New Year at home, on the beach, or on a rooftop, hope you have a nice one :D

Happy new year all,

Cheers!

J, sounds like the count down's begun already with the two-four of Toohey's being slowly consumed :D Hey, we can't even get that brew here (I don't believe so anyways) that along with the exclent weather in Syds and you're lucky in yer own right :D

Markuk, have a good un!

Course they'll be having the annual Thai Visa New Years typing and drinking skills contest as the countdown approaches, folllowed closely by the annual TV hangover posts... :o:D

Where are YOU and what are you up to tonight? Doesn't really matter if it's ringing in the New Year at home, on the beach, or on a rooftop, hope you have a nice one  :o

Happy new year all,

Cheers!

... at this moment: I'm mentally far out into the fogs that only SangSom can make - physically I'm (almost) on my way to the count down "event" at Tha Pae Gate, Chiang Mai ... Happy new Year to you too, Chon gao.

Great ain't it :D I normally fall asleep after 12-15 sangsom/soda.

At the moment I'm drinking green tea though :o Just got back from work and tomorrow is again another day in the middle of nowhere (Saudi).

Anyway happy new year all and may all your wishes come through.

Stayed sober tonight and tried to get to sleep by 10 pm. No such luck as I was staying at Marriott at Pattaya. Firework explosions from 8:30 pm to 1 AM. Oh well., Now I'm trying to get redrowsy.

Staying sober on New Year's is almost a tradition with me. A means to stay away from an opportunity to really get plastered. That and if I am not with friends, its not much fun. Ok, being with drunk half naked thai women is fun but you can get that any night without all the high-season tourist drunks.

Edited by Head Snake

lovejoy. I'am very much mystified. Maybe things are just being messed up in my few left braincells on this newyearseve, but I think one of the braincells I've left from last year, remembers you were a 'banned' member...

How come, you can make posts? --- Not that I have any reason to object --- I'm just mystified...

you must have me mixed up with someone else.

... okay, i'll take that for a settling answer. However, you're hereby warned, that there might be another poster around with a handle that might get confused with yours in somebodies SangSom-soaked memery.

Happy new Year to you, too.

Just hit midnight in Victoria. Very loud. Every boat in the harbour, and all the ships at the navy base blew their horns, then the fireworks, then the cannons. Now Back to Saturday Night Live. :D

Happy New Year everyone. :o

cv

Just went through the New Year celebration in Las Vegas although I was doing it from the comfort of my home watching it on the tube. 300,000 people came to Las Vegas this weekend to celebrate. At the stroke of midnight each and every major Vegas hotel blew off fireworks from their rooftops for exactly 7 minutes. I could hear the fireworks in my house, they were quite loud and even scared my dog and he started barking.

"The Strip" was where everyone was and they close it down to all auto traffic and have multiple live performances up and down the street. A grand party indeed! :o

Happy New Year everyone!

Sawasdee Pi Mai from Ordo Templi Orientis

Edited by TRIPxCORE

Just went through the New Year celebration in Las Vegas although I was doing it from the comfort of my home watching it on the tube.  300,000 people came to Las Vegas this weekend to celebrate.  At the stroke of midnight each and every major Vegas hotel blew off fireworks from their rooftops for exactly 7 minutes.  I could hear the fireworks in my house, they were quite loud and even scared my dog and he started barking.

In Bkk, my dogs were so scared that they did not even dare to bark.

Was nice indeed.

Happy New Year.

In beautiful Non Thai ( north of Korat ) A good time was had by all , complete with Chang beer by the buckets , Master blend , Sato , music , dancing , alot of food , drunk people and knifes . I only needed 3 stiches . Oh yeah and alot of police . Not a bad night ..... Did I mention beautiful women ?