Bringing Thai Nephew 6 Month To Aust.

G,day all , I would like to bring my thai nephew to australia for a extended holiday over xmas then accompany my wife & son back to thailand in april, I will be sponsoring, sheltering him, I just got him a passport, he's never been outside thailand before, so I'm hoping it's gonna be straight forward, Now we are based in chaing-mai, can I do everything there? where is consulate in C.M.? can or do I need to use an agency ? any tips appreciated.

thanking you songhklasid.biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Nephews age would be helpful for better feedback from the next poster.

'Nephew' implies a child, if he is nearer the age of 18 he is closer to a man in his own rite.

Six months might be ambitious ...

Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai, Thailand

Address

236 Chiangmai Doi Saket Road

Amphur Sansai

Chiang Mai 50210

Thailand

Telephone

66 053 492 480

[email protected]

Check the pinned topic at the top of this page for more information on Australian Visas.

The guys here are very helpful with their experience and information.

Good luck with the application.

Edited by David48

G'day again, Nan is 31 years old,I am currently back in aus, plan to go to our house sankhaemphang in september apply visa in C.M. I'll duck off for a holiday, & all going well, I can take him back with me late october, he can return with the wife in april, thats our plan @ this stage.

regards songhklasid.rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

G'day again, Nan is 31 years old,I am currently back in aus, plan to go to our house sankhaemphang in september apply visa in C.M. I'll duck off for a holiday, & all going well, I can take him back with me late october, he can return with the wife in april, thats our plan @ this stage.

regards songhklasid.rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Hi Songhklasid,

Prior to me becoming a citizen in Australia, my wife sponsored me for a 6 month holiday visa albeit it is some time ago now and I was living in the UK at the time...and you might care to take a look at the enclosed link.

You might find that you are able to sponsor your nephew from Australia. (On Shore)

http://www.immi.gov....ing-family/679/ (Subclass 679) Generally it comes with a "no further stay" condition attached to it.

To be a sponsor for this visa, you must be:
  • an Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • aged 18 years or over
  • settled in Australia for a reasonable period, usually two years.

You must also be one of the following:
  • a relative (partner, parent, child, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or the 'step' or adopted equivalent of any of these)
  • a member of an Australian parliament (Commonwealth, State or Territory)
  • an authorised person representing a Commonwealth, State or Territory department or instrumentality
  • a local government mayor.

Six months could be ambitious, but unless you ask you dont get!

Applicant Eligibility

http://www.immi.gov....y-applicant.htm

Sponsor Eligibility

http://www.immi.gov....ity-sponsor.htm

http://www.immi.gov....ow-to-apply.htm

I hope I have led you to the correct Visa, applying for it from Australia should work better in your time frame.

Please do check out my facts in case I am mistaken.

There are some excellent Mara registered Agents around to give you sound advise or 7by7.

Good luck and kind regards

Eddie.

Edited by edwinclapham
  • Like 1

I dont think that he can apply in CM......Applications need to be done at the VFS office in Bangkok or at the Embassy, applications can be couriered to there. He can apply for a 676 visa as a stand alone applicant but he will need to meet the criteria which will include having sufficient funds for the holiday. You can do the family sponsored visa but you may need to put up a bond. A 6 month visa is not guaranteed so you may need to adjust your plans accordingly if a visa is granted.

Edited by gburns57au

Thanks for all your comments, It looks like a 3 month visa is going to be less hassle, & thats what i want, I'll make enquiries her in australia if I can do it from aust,It's a problem not being able to book airticket for him because I'm not 100% sure it will be ready for my return ticket in oct.

rgds songhklasidlaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png