Where Do Expats Live In Thailand?

Pinot

This is to settle a bar bet. What are the top areas that expats live in Thailand?

I'm guessing but I think it would be something like Pattaya 25%, Phucket 20%, Chiang Mai 20%, Bangkok 20%, rest of Thailand 15%

Edited by Pinot

retired expats can and do live anywhere ,people who still must work everyday are a bit more limited to cities but more and more stuff can be done by internet thesedays so its opening up new possibilities for office workers as hi-speed internet is spreading out across the country

We did a survey a few years back and Bangkok was the number one area by far from what I can remember. Retired expats can be found everywhere, but there are a great deal of expat workers, most of whom work in Bangkok.

According to the survey:

Geographically Bangkok is the mainstay for respondents, accounting for over 30% of responses. Pattaya/Chonburi and Chiang Mai follow at 15.3% and 11.8% respectively. "Others" accounts for 26%.

I told you I was guessing. I would think Phucket would be 10%? Survey doesn't break it down and it wasn't looking for that information.

According to the survey:

Geographically Bangkok is the mainstay for respondents, accounting for over 30% of responses. Pattaya/Chonburi and Chiang Mai follow at 15.3% and 11.8% respectively. "Others" accounts for 26%.

I told you I was guessing. I would think Phucket would be 10%? Survey doesn't break it down and it wasn't looking for that information.

I think that is a Thai-Visa survey. I don't think there are many Japanese, Chinese or Russian posters on here.

As said Sri Racha is known as little Japan, Pattaya has thousands of Russians and I imagine there is a lot of Chinese working on the Eastern seaboard which would all fall under the Pattaya/Chonburi section.

I live 40 clicks East of Udon.

The area is infested with farangs, every village has its lot, I mean they are everywhere, at least 10 in my village (not a small village, but not an amphur neither) a few in EACH nearby village, easily 100 in a 10km radius from my place.

The area is infested with farangs, every village has its lot, I mean they are everywhere, at least 10 in my village (not a small village, but not an amphur neither) a few in EACH nearby village, easily 100 in a 10km radius from my place.

What's the draw 40 clicks out of Udon? My girl is from Udon, no falangs in her ban, 5 clicks out of Udon.

Move.

Not sure what percentage of the overall mass we are !!

somewhere between slim and none ...........

you should form an alliance with him ,so you can overthrow the thais at your whim