Htc Sensation Ice Cream Sandwich?

2unique

after sending my IMEI to HTC i received this email. needless to say i perform this check on a regular basis - anyone heard anything re ICS?

Dear 2unique,

Thank you for your reply.

After checking, the ICS for Sensation has been released in South East Asia region. If currently it still does not receive the update message, would you please refer to the below steps to have a try:

1.Before doing this upgrade, please make sure there is more than 30MB internal storage left in handset and 100MB storage left in SD card. Also, we suggest you backup all the personal data on your handset.

2.Home>Menu>Settings>Date & time>check "Automatic"

3.Home>Menu>Settings>Account & sync>check "Background data" and "Auto-sync"

4.Restart the handset

5.Connect to network,,i.e.GPRS,WIFI,3G. We recommend using a free Wi-Fi hotspot or an unlimited data plan to apply this update. If not, standard data connection charges may apply.

6.Home>Menu>Settings> About phone>System software updates>check “Scheduled check"

7.Wait for several more days to see whether the phone can receive the update notification when phone is connected to internet.

If there is still no improvement, would you please also try to go to the HBOOT page:

1. Power off your device.

2. With the device turned off, please press and hold on the Volume Down button. While you are holding it, please briefly click on the Power button and then release it but keep holding on the Volume Down button until you see some message on the screen.

3. Release the Volume Down button

4. Take a screen shot of the page and attach it to us

( To exit HBOOT page, you may take out the battery of your phone device and then put it back to turn on phone)

Or you may also contact with your Thailand local hotline for further assistance:

Thailand English, ภาษาไทย +66-264-03399

09.00-18.00 (Mon – Fri)

10.30 – 19.30 (Sat – Sun & Public Holiday)

Best Regards

• 3 weeks later...

The update to ICS has been available since June 6. I didn't install it yet though.

awesome thanks - i have started downloading

Edited by 2unique
  • Like 1

I like it...

Easier to use folders and better functionality in apps such as email, contacts and phone.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

even though ICS is much better and makes everyday tasks easier to perform the 1GB (768MB) of onboard memory seems to struggle running this and sense. I've moved absolutely everything to the SD card...

Waiting on the new Motorola before plumping for an S3 - not a fan of Motorola since the Startac !!

even though ICS is much better and makes everyday tasks easier to perform the 1GB (768MB) of onboard memory seems to struggle running this and sense. I've moved absolutely everything to the SD card...

Waiting on the new Motorola before plumping for an S3 - not a fan of Motorola since the Startac !!

I just looked at the new Razr Maxx on invadeIT.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/smartphones/motorola/razr-maxx-android-smartphone-quad-band-3g-p009703/

Priced at 17,900 baht. Gorilla glass screen, Kevlar back and the phone is splash resistant. The 4.3 inch screen is the perfect size for me. I have the Defy Plus and 3.7 inches is a little too small. The huge battery, 3,300 mAh eliminates the major smart phone weakness. Quad band 3G removes the having to choose between service providers.

When someone buys this phone, I would look forward to a review. I'm quite tempted to sell my Defy Plus and buy this phone.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/smartphones/motorola/razr-maxx-android-smartphone-quad-band-3g-p009703/

Priced at 17,900 baht. Gorilla glass screen, Kevlar back and the phone is splash resistant. The 4.3 inch screen is the perfect size for me. I have the Defy Plus and 3.7 inches is a little too small. The huge battery, 3,300 mAh eliminates the major smart phone weakness. Quad band 3G removes the having to choose between service providers.

When someone buys this phone, I would look forward to a review. I'm quite tempted to sell my Defy Plus and buy this phone.

They're bringing a 4.8 and 13 megapix cam DROID RAZR HD version out soon!

http://www.invadeit....and-3g-p009703/

They're bringing a 4.8 and 13 megapix cam DROID RAZR HD version out soon!

I read about that. It is supposed to be launched with ICS but I don't much care about that. I'll be satisfied with GB until I'm sure all the bugs have been worked out of ICS. It also may be a little too big to carry in my pants pocket. I did handle a Galaxy Note and felt it was entirely too big. The camera would be the only real advantage over the Maxx that I see. The 5 MP camera in my Defy Plus impresses me so 8 MP should be better than that and I'm happy with the 5 MP.

I must admit I lower camera settings to 3meg on all my cameras otherwise can't email the shots back to grandma in UK haha.

Another benefit would be the super amoled HD screen...

After using ICS for a few weeks: it feels generally faster (!) on my Sensation. (I did always keep as many apps as possible on the SD card.) The only thing that's noticeably slower is establishing a wifi connection - but not annoyingly slower. I had none of the problems other users have reported elsewhere. Satisfied customer thumbsup.gif