Non O Marriage Extension 400K

Why take the risk? Desperate for money? Borrowed it and have to pay it back quickly?

That would be my conclusion as an immigration officer 'considering' your visa.

No, but would much prefer it back in our fixed term account rather than a low interest savings a/c

Enter your money into "YOUR" fixed term A/c (not in "OUR") then you can keep the money entirely in this A/c and gain the additional interests.

Then when applying, bring the bank letter, together with your fixed term A/c booklet to immigration to complete matters without problems.

However, if you do need the money for general daily spending, then keep it in a normal saving A/c. but make sure you have the balance of the required sum at the stated time prior to application.

Why take the risk? Desperate for money? Borrowed it and have to pay it back quickly?

That would be my conclusion as an immigration officer 'considering' your visa.

No, but would much prefer it back in our fixed term account rather than a low interest savings a/c

Why can't you have it in a fixed term account?

You can have it in fixed term account.

I have it in fixed account as well......showed Chiang Mai Immigration the Bank book and got their total agreement.....I guess things are smoothing down lately....

The best way to get a Non-O visa or Non-O visa extension is to obtain one from a Thai embassy abroad. For example, a flight to Bahrain from Thailand takes 7 hours, is not expensive, and you can turn it into a short vacation. Make sure you take your original Thai marriage certificates, proof of relationship (i.e recent dated photos, household bills, driver's licence etc.).Although you will need to show you have an income (i.e bank statement showing regular payments) you do not have to have the 400,000baht in your bank account. This requirement is only for applicants in Thailand.

I hope this helps.

The best way to get a Non-O visa or Non-O visa extension is to obtain one from a Thai embassy abroad. For example, a flight to Bahrain from Thailand takes 7 hours, is not expensive, and you can turn it into a short vacation. Make sure you take your original Thai marriage certificates, proof of relationship (i.e recent dated photos, household bills, driver's licence etc.).Although you will need to show you have an income (i.e bank statement showing regular payments) you do not have to have the 400,000baht in your bank account. This requirement is only for applicants in Thailand.

I hope this helps.

First, you don't get an Extension abroad, that is done at immigration in Thailand, and why would they fly 7 hours, when they can go to Savanakhet, Loas and get one.

• Like 1

Though I do have the required funds, I choose to keep in the U.S.. I'll be going for my third married 'o' visa in August. I go with the income statement. Sounds a bit risky to me playing with the funds on deposit, unless you must. I would rather have it in my bank. Some unforeseen emergency, & withdraw it then they decide to check could cause some unnecessary aggravation.

I think I read here, with a few countries you must prove you income to receive the statement. Which I was prepared to do for my first one, as we know things can change very quickly.

Those in the know might answer a question. embassy outreach will be here June 6, I plan to get my statement then, is that too early for a 1 yr married extension I must apply for in August? It will be over 2 mos. but less than 3 mos old. when I apply again.

DP.

Though I do have the required funds, I choose to keep in the U.S.. I'll be going for my third married 'o' visa in August. I go with the income statement. Sounds a bit risky to me playing with the funds on deposit, unless you must. I would rather have it in my bank. Some unforeseen emergency, & withdraw it then they decide to check could cause some unnecessary aggravation.

I think I read here, with a few countries you must prove you income to receive the statement. Which I was prepared to do for my first one, as we know things can change very quickly.

Those in the know might answer a question. embassy outreach will be here June 6, I plan to get my statement then, is that too early for a 1 yr married extension I must apply for in August? It will be over 2 mos. but less than 3 mos old. when I apply again.

DP.

so you've had 32 years of Thailand! Then you should know the answer? I bet they will tell you that proof of income must be dated within a few days of making the application, Why? because Without proof of income for the 3 months they will say you have not worked in those months etc.

There is no risk in having funds on deposit, unless your working with limited funds in the first place. I bet the rate of interest is higher than any bank in the states are offering at the moment.

Edited by ggold

DP.

I recognise the avatar but not your 'user name' have you changed names or just 'nicked' <snip> avatar?

OT sorry but just interested.

DP.

so you've had 32 years of Thailand! Then you should know the answer? I bet they will tell you that proof of income must be dated within a few days of making the application, Why? because Without proof of income for the 3 months they will say you have not worked in those months etc.

There is no risk in having funds on deposit, unless your working with limited funds in the first place. I bet the rate of interest is higher than any bank in the states are offering at the moment.

Thanks to your remarks I pulled my old files, you must be a betting man, that would be two you would have loss, the last going in completely blind. Last yr got my income statement on June.1, will apply again this yr on the same date in August. So in actuality my question was moot as I could have checked it myself. What I did last yr. to account for the gap between when the income statement was issued, I had bank statements from my U.S. bank with proof of deposits, from retirement, mutual funds, other funds on hand I could get here in 48 hrs, was never asked. I showed my updated bank book, & the bank records of how often I do ACH wire transfers to my bank here. They took a look at my bank book, & that was that.

For those who might exceed more $10,000.00 U.S.D. in a bank here you are required to file TD f90-22.1 FBAR ( Foreign Bank Act. Report) which is sent to the U. S. Treasury Dept. I had to file one this yr. They will want to know why you have these funds in a foreign country where they came from. Its due June 1 for the previous tax yr. & has nothing to do wiht the IRS. What works for me is staying below that limit, I do ACH transfers of $9,000.00 U..S.D when needed here.& try to time it for the best exchange rate. Which caused me to have file the form last yr.

Try not to be adversarial in your comments, & in spite of your self you might learn something, assuming that's why your here. There are some for whatever reasons wish to wind people up becasue they can't enjoy the life we expats do. Its'people who make blind unkowing remarks which makes me avoid this forum.

As for risk really, immature for you tell anyone what risk are when they are not risking anything that belongs to you. Only a fool would take advice about their money in a forum. I had bank accounts here since 1980. I take advantage of fluctuations of the exchange rate, & get a higher rate than offered by many banks here.

You would bet interest rate here are higher then banks in U.S.? That's a pretty blanket statement, given you don't what they are or who my bank is.

Sound to me like you are far from ever living here, besides little or no experience at it. Attitudes like your comes with the territory, easy to just ignore. Which I will do with the next comment about how I do me here attacks on what you think I should know.

DP.

Edited by Dillpickles98

DP.

I recognise the avatar but not your 'user name' have you changed names or just 'nicked' <snip> avatar?

OT sorry but just interested.

I did see someone in this froum different thread with the same, mine the same sicne 2009, though I don't spend time or post here regularily. More involved in another forum with 500,000 views, approaching 500 pages. Same avatar there aslo.

DP.

Though I do have the required funds, I choose to keep in the U.S.. I'll be going for my third married 'o' visa in August. I go with the income statement. Sounds a bit risky to me playing with the funds on deposit, unless you must. I would rather have it in my bank. Some unforeseen emergency, &amp; withdraw it then they decide to check could cause some unnecessary aggravation.

DP.

Thanks to your remarks I pulled my old files, you must be a betting man, that would be two you would have loss, the last going in completely blind. Last yr got my income statement on June.1, will apply again this yr on the same date in August. So in actuality my question was moot as I could have checked it myself. What I did last yr. to account for the gap between when the income statement was issued, I had bank statements from my U.S. bank with proof of deposits, from retirement, mutual funds, other funds on hand I could get here in 48 hrs, was never asked. I showed my updated bank book, &amp; the bank records of how often I do ACH wire transfers to my bank here. They took a look at my bank book, &amp; that was that.

For those who might exceed more $10,000.00 U.S.D. in a bank here you are required to file TD f90-22.1 FBAR ( Foreign Bank Act. Report) which is sent to the U. S. Treasury Dept. I had to file one this yr. They will want to know why you have these funds in a foreign country where they came from. Its due June 1 for the previous tax yr. &amp; has nothing to do wiht the IRS. What works for me is staying below that limit, I do ACH transfers of $9,000.00 U..S.D when needed here.&amp; try to time it for the best exchange rate. Which caused me to have file the form last yr.

Try not to be adversarial in your comments, &amp; in spite of your self you might learn something, assuming that's why your here. There are some for whatever reasons wish to wind people up becasue they can't enjoy the life we expats do. Its'people who make blind unkowing remarks which makes me avoid this forum.

As for risk really, immature for you tell anyone what risk are when they are not risking anything that belongs to you. Only a fool would take advice about their money in a forum. I had bank accounts here since 1980. I take advantage of fluctuations of the exchange rate, &amp; get a higher rate than offered by many banks here.

You would bet interest rate here are higher then banks in U.S.? That's a pretty blanket statement, given you don't what they are or who my bank is.

Sound to me like you are far from ever living here, besides little or no experience at it. Attitudes like your comes with the territory, easy to just ignore. Which I will do with the next comment about how I do me here attacks on what you think I should know.

DP.

Why you should take my comments so personaly, is odd. But having just checked the deposit rates for US banks, I stand by my blanket statement that you won't be getting as good an interest rate for a deposit account there. I am getting 3.5% interest from the Thai bank I am with. The most you could get from one of the US banks is about 2.3% for a 10 year period.

Oh and I have been living in Thailand for 4 years, not as long as you no doubt, But I will try to avoid asking moot questions.

I will also go so far as saying your comments directed towards me show a greater lack of maturity than any comment I may have made towards you!

Edited by ggold