Manchester United

redrus

I recommend that anyone who is remotely interested in the Kaka story should read Marcotti's excellent article in which he pins the blame squarely on the shoulders of Gary Cook.

Bl00dy he_ll Red. Leave it alone will ya. We didn't sign him and he won't be the last player that we fail to sign.....end of story in the Kaka saga. Did all this happen when Shearer wouldn't sign for United?

I recommend that anyone who is remotely interested in the Kaka story should read Marcotti's excellent article in which he pins the blame squarely on the shoulders of Gary Cook.

Bl00dy he_ll Red. Leave it alone will ya. We didn't sign him and he won't be the last player that we fail to sign.....end of story in the Kaka saga. Did all this happen when Shearer wouldn't sign for United?

If you want to play with the Big Boys Joe Mangle, you'd better get used to it... :o

The difference between the Shearer/Kaka thing too is something i don't think ineed to point out but i will as you don't seem to think there is any..

Shearer at the time was one of the best Goalscorers in European/World Footballer

Kaka is one of the best top 3 Players in the World..

Man Ure offered CL Football & a very probabale chance to win everything & every competition that they entered.

City offered Kaka to play with Richard Dunne & Michael Ball & are 4 points above the relegation Zone with less than half of the Season remaining.

The more i think about it, the more absurd it all actually was..

Excellent article redrus, i thoroughly enjoyed it personally, i wonder if that Jack N Danny Fella did too, or maybe in his opinion, that Journalist invented all that like i did ?? :D

My favourite part of the Interview below..

Still, Cook says: "My frustration with the world of football is people's understanding of this level of negotiation." Evidently Cook is so clever and sophisticated that the world of football is just too basic and too Neanderthal for him. Evidently, a small, pitiful club like AC Milan, with a limited fan base, no global appeal and zero business nous and a dunce like Kaka's dad (who, after all, is just a lowly civil engineer and not a highly sophisticated shoe salesman) could never comprehend the wisdom of Cook's "project".

Considering Cook was a Toxin appointment during that illfated reign, I guess the aforementioned persons hubris and delusions of grandeur have rubbed of him.

I'm surprised that Thaksin hasn't blamed the PAD for the collapse of the transfer. :o

Considering Cook was a Toxin appointment during that illfated reign, I guess the aforementioned persons hubris and delusions of grandeur have rubbed of him.

I'm surprised that Thaksin hasn't blamed the PAD for the collapse of the transfer. :o

Toady, please elaborate on why you think Thaksins reign was "illfated". Personally, i feel no negatives at all came from his ownership. Under his reign we finished higher than we have ever done and then he sold us, making us the richest football club in the world. Nope, still struggling to find any negatives there.

If you want to play with the Big Boys Joe Mangle, you'd better get used to it... :o

The difference between the Shearer/Kaka thing too is something i don't think ineed to point out but i will as you don't seem to think there is any..

Shearer at the time was one of the best Goalscorers in European/World Footballer

Man Ure offered CL Football & a very probabale chance to win everything & every competition that they entered.

City offered Kaka to play with Richard Dunne & Michael Ball & are 4 points above the relegation Zone with less than half of the Season remaining.

Minger, Exactly my point. It's obvious why Kaka didn't come, we haven't much to offer him at this moment but unfortunately for him, he didn't see the vision that we are going to rule the footballing world :D But why didn't Shearer go to United if they are that good and could offer him everything? So, even teams that can supposedly offer everything, don't get every player that they go for. That's why i fail to see what the big issue is here with Kaka.

Edited by mrbojangles

Toady, please elaborate on why you think Thaksins reign was "illfated". Personally, i feel no negatives at all came from his ownership. Under his reign we finished higher than we have ever done and then he sold us, making us the richest football club in the world. Nope, still struggling to find any negatives there.

Sorry mate, I can't see anything that suggests that he acheived anything that he said he was going to do. Ok, I can't argue with you on the fact that he sold the club to some very rich guys, but there was so much bullshit in the air when he was there; cashflow problems, signing 3 Thai players who wouldn't even cut it in League One, stating that he could circumvent WP laws, the whole nonsense with SGE, the appointment of Mark Hughes, the dark shadow of his criminality clouding the club, etc, etc....

I'm glad he's gone for a number of reasons, mainly people like him are not or should not bewelcome in the UK, people like him are not fit to run a football club, people like him have no interest in football or the game, and the whole stunt IMO was done for political gain rather than enhancing a football club.

Sorry mate, I can't see anything that suggests that he acheived anything that he said he was going to do. Ok, I can't argue with you on the fact that he sold the club to some very rich guys, but there was so much bullshit in the air when he was there; cashflow problems, signing 3 Thai players who wouldn't even cut it in League One, stating that he could circumvent WP laws, the whole nonsense with SGE, the appointment of Mark Hughes, the dark shadow of his criminality clouding the club, etc, etc....

I'm glad he's gone for a number of reasons, mainly people like him are not or should not bewelcome in the UK, people like him are not fit to run a football club, people like him have no interest in football or the game, and the whole stunt IMO was done for political gain rather than enhancing a football club.

If the Thai players is only thing that he failed on then that isn't a bad thing. As for Sven, yeah i was dissapointed with that also. As forhis money, well it's frozen so instead of trying to hang on, he did the right thing for the club and sold it, not to someone with no money but to someone with lots of it.

Minger, Exactly my point. It's obvious why Kaka didn't come, we haven't much to offer him at this moment but unfortunately for him, he didn't see the vision that we are going to rule the footballing world :D But why didn't Shearer go to United if they are that good and could offer him everything? So, even teams that can supposedly offer everything, don't get every player that they go for. That's why i fail to see what the big issue is here with Kaka.

Minger !! :D

I like that one apart from the fact i have a 6 pack & am handsome, rivalling Brad Pitt in the looks department but with a better Tan...

Shearer didn't go to United because Newcastle put him on extortionate money & he is a Fan & a Geordie..

Completely different to the Kaka situation & completely the opposite in my opinion.

Anyway, come on Man Ure tonight, i hope you score 46.. :D

I'm surprised that Thaksin hasn't blamed the PAD for the collapse of the transfer. :D

:o:D Couldn't have put it better myself.

It's an old story i know, but i still feel disappointed by all the City supporters who so quickly threw their integrity to one side to "get into bed" with a man like Thaksin. For me, without a shadow of doubt, my team support would be put on immediate hold if the club ever put itself in the hands of a man like that.

I'm surprised that Thaksin hasn't blamed the PAD for the collapse of the transfer. :D

:o:D Couldn't have put it better myself.

It's an old story i know, but i still feel disappointed by all the City supporters who so quickly threw their integrity to one side to "get into bed" with a man like Thaksin. For me, without a shadow of doubt, my team support would be put on immediate hold if the club ever put itself in the hands of a man like that.

Me too, i'd stop my support both Financially & Emotionally if a Man like that Owned my Club...

But City Fans seem to have this horrible thing about them over the past couple of years that i've noticed, as if they now think it's ok to win at any costs just because they've not had much success in the past, forgetting all kinds of things like morals etc to acheive this, sad i think..

From the day Thaksin bought the Club to Mr Cooke today, it's as if they've started to turn City away from being a club that supporters of other teams ( possibly United aside ) can see common ground with and into a laughing stock.

But anyway, this is the Man Ure thread so for one of the very few times per Season, tonight i will say, on more than one occasion.......

COME ON UNITED !! :D

Get a room you two (Rix and Singhy). I have supported City all my life and I am not going to stop supporting them whomever takes over. I am still loyal after Thaksin has been and gone and I will still be here when the Abu Dhabi's have gone.

If you want me to believe that you would desert your team because an owner came in who you didn't like...well..all i can say is your fickle :o

Get a room you two (Rix and Singhy). I have supported City all my life and I am not going to stop supporting them whomever takes over. I am still loyal after Thaksin has been and gone and I will still be here when the Abu Dhabi's have gone.

If you want me to believe that you would desert your team because an owner came in who you didn't like...well..all i can say is your fickle :o

I think they call it morals, something your Mob don't seem to have a great deal of, of late Mate... :D

I'm off to watch the embaressment of getting knocked out of the Cup against Hartlepool..

COME ON YOU IRONS & MAN URE !! :D

I think they call it morals, something your Mob don't seem to have a great deal of, of late Mate... :D

Yeah right. Your full of <deleted> man

Yeah right. Your full of <deleted> man

Yeah right, i'm full of sh*t, but your Club stinks of it at the minute, & you know it !!! :D

It's not a case of disliking an owner - were that the case i might have reconsidered my support when the Glaziers came in! :D

It's a case of being totally and fundamentally opposed to the abhorant and deeply selfish actions of a man who used his power to enrich himself further, whilst perverting democracy and abusing human rights along the way. Were a man like this to take over the running of my club, how could i possibly enjoy any club success in the knowledge that he would be benefitting from it? I couldn't. I'd also be completely disgusted at the club itself for willingly allowing this person take over.

If that makes me fickle so be it. I'd rather be that than one who blindly continues support without question of an organisation that has become morally bankrupt.

If that makes me fickle so be it. I'd rather be that than one who blindly continues support without question of an organisation that has become morally bankrupt.

Do you agree with what the Glaziers have done to United? Were you one of the thousands who protested when they took over?

Do you agree with what the Glaziers have done to United? Were you one of the thousands who protested when they took over?

Well the club has done ok since they took over wouldn't you say?

And as far as i am aware, they don't have the history that Thaksin does.

What's your point Mr Boj?

My point being, that many Man U supporters didn't agree with the Glaziers and the fact they have taken them about 700m pounds in the red. The supporters disagreed so much that they formed their own club. FCUM or something like that. However, it seems you are not bothered about that and have "blindly continued to support" them. Although it is different, I'm trying to gauge what your view is of "blindly continuing to support" and at what stage you would say enough is enough.

Redrus can possibly explain the politics of the Glaziers and the fans better than I ever can.

Manchester United were the only club in the world that were trading in the black, fact. The Glazers bought United with other peoples money, taking us from one end of the financial scale to the other and, in the process sidling us with approximately £800 million worth of debt.

The fact that the Glazers are billionaires in their own right, it seems a mystery why they would use other peoples money and not buy the club themselves, instead, hiking up prices across the board, pricing out the average working man....!

Yes, United have achieved under them but, we would have done anyway largly thanks to Sir Alex, not the Glazers.

We do have a new club as Mr Bj correctly states. Our love of United remains and, we hope one day that the club will be in the hands of the fans. As one our songs go's "Don't pay Glazer or work for Sky, still sing Cities gonna die, two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on"

I no longer have a season ticket for Big United, I do still go to games though but, I choose when I go and I choose when to spend my own money, not the Glazers as they do if you are a season ticket holder. You are contracted to pay for all cup games and, they will take up to 3 or 4 games out at once....! A couple of hunderd quid for games you might not even go to is a lot of cash to the average man....!

redrus

My point being, that many Man U supporters didn't agree with the Glaziers and the fact they have taken them about 700m pounds in the red. The supporters disagreed so much that they formed their own club. FCUM or something like that. However, it seems you are not bothered about that and have "blindly continued to support" them. Although it is different, I'm trying to gauge what your view is of "blindly continuing to support" and at what stage you would say enough is enough.

Redrus can possibly explain the politics of the Glaziers and the fans better than I ever can.

Mrboj, my slant on City was never meant to directed at you. People like Thaksin have no place in the game, and I also despise people like the Glaziers as well. As Redrus has pointed out, Uniteds succes has nothing to do with those bunch os septics, who have only bought a massive debt to the club. The saving grace for United, is the fact that they have the history, massive supporter base, big ground capicity and success that will enabble them to service that debt - unlike other clubs like Chelski and Leeds who, when the rug has been, or is pulled will be well and certainly fuc_ked.

I can appreciate how for those local fans like Redrus, the whole Glazier take-over business was / is an issue they have right to feel strongly about. The fans who are lucky enough to be able to go and watch the games are those that are most directly putting cash into the club after all.

For those living thousands of miles away however, only watching the team on the TV and never actually directly contributing financially to the club, those issues are a little less relevant, rightly or wrongly.

Were i a season holder would the Glaziers be reason enough to stop my support? Well as you admit yourself, it is different. You are comparing take-over of a club by a family that has put that club in debt, to the take-over of a club by a man with the history of Thaksin. With respect the issues are in two different leagues.

Perhaps in the same way that i, living thousands of miles away, find it difficult to get too worked up about the Glaziers, City fans living thousands of miles away from Thailand and with little understanding of just exactly what Thaksin has done, find it difficult to feel that strongly. I would like to think that were City fans to have lived here for the last ten years and to have seen what has gone on, they might have opposed more strongly to it.

That said it's clear that Mr Boj has significant ties to Thailand and i'm sure understands the situation with Thaksin as well as i do, and yet he continued to regularly defend what was happening at his club. That i don't understand.

I can appreciate how for those local fans like Redrus, the whole Glazier take-over business was / is an issue they have right to feel strongly about. The fans who are lucky enough to be able to go and watch the games are those that are most directly putting cash into the club after all.

For those living thousands of miles away however, only watching the team on the TV and never actually directly contributing financially to the club, those issues are a little less relevant, rightly or wrongly.

Were i a season holder would the Glaziers be reason enough to stop my support? Well as you admit yourself, it is different. You are comparing take-over of a club by a family that has put that club in debt, to the take-over of a club by a man with the history of Thaksin. With respect the issues are in two different leagues.

Perhaps in the same way that i, living thousands of miles away, find it difficult to get too worked up about the Glaziers, City fans living thousands of miles away from Thailand and with little understanding of just exactly what Thaksin has done, find it difficult to feel that strongly. I would like to think that were City fans to have lived here for the last ten years and to have seen what has gone on, they might have opposed more strongly to it.

Fair enough. Those who live thousands of miles away, have an excuse to blindly continue to support them. :o

That said it's clear that Mr Boj has significant ties to Thailand and i'm sure understands the situation with Thaksin as well as i do, and yet he continued to regularly defend what was happening at his club. That i don't understand.

This was discussed to death in the "Thaksin Takes Over Man City" thread in the news forum and my views are in there for all to see. I don't really think it's worthwhile raking it all up again in here. Especiallly as he no longer owns us.

Back to football, not real happy that LP and Everton drew, as it has caused a schedule change meaning we are no longer playing Everton on the 2nd but rather the 29th of this month if I am not mistaken.

We are the walking wounded a few extra days would have come in handy.

slightly wrong with the date...

27 Jan - West Brom away (League)

31 Jan - Everton home (League)

8 Feb - West Ham away (League)

14 Feb - Derby or Nott'm Forest away (FA Cup)

17 Feb - Fulham home (League)

21 Feb - Blackburn home (League)

24 Feb - Inter Milan away (Champions Lge)

01 Mar - Tottenham (Carling Cup final)

Back to football, not real happy that LP and Everton drew, as it has caused a schedule change meaning we are no longer playing Everton on the 2nd but rather the 29th of this month if I am not mistaken.

i wouldn't worry. everton's record of bending over and taking it up the rear from united is pretty much without equal.

i wouldn't worry. everton's record of bending over and taking it up the rear from united is pretty much without equal.

Don't know mate, Liverpool were pretty good at it for a few years there.... :o

redrus

I think this maybe my old school, I went to Gorton Mount and Spurley Hey the latter for a short period.

Sir Alex Ferguson comes a cropper on school visit in Manchester

By Steve Anglesey 26/01/2009

post-16343-1232978572_thumb.jpg

Sir Alex Ferguson (Pic:Getty)

Sir Alex Ferguson was left with an even redder face than usual during a tour of a school in Gorton, Manchester with Foreign Secretary David Miliband last week.

First one scallywag handed embarrassed Fergie a mobile phone displaying an animation of his rival Rafa Benitez in a rather compromising position.

Then Miliband pointed out to the kids that Sir Alex was wearing socks in a fetching shade of Manchester City blue.

redrus

Then Miliband pointed out to the kids that Sir Alex was wearing socks in a fetching shade of Manchester City blue.

Looks like we've bought SAF. Didn't see that one coming :o

It's well known that all people that go in to Gorton go through a mind altering drug tranfusion passport control point to able to handle its unique atmosphere, mere mortals such as Milliband cannot cope without it.....! The socks were Red, he "saw" Blue.....!

As usual, Blue, was not true.... :D

redrus