Manchester United

redrus

All the ABUs.. sorry, carmine...all the opposition supporters... have been telling us for however many years, just you wait, once Fergie goes, you'll be fcuked. Don't recall them ever saying, just you wait, once Fergie goes, and if Moyes replaces him, you'll be fcuked. Why? Because they knew, as we did, that whoever took over from Fergie, there was bound to be difficulties. Those difficulties may last half a season, a whole season, a couple of seasons, or if you guys are lucky, we may go on a barron spell for decades like Liverpool have done... who knows... but what we did all know, and still do, is that at the very least, the first season post Fergie era would be extremely difficult....for anyone.

Anybody suggesting otherwise.. anybody asking with feign surprise why it is that last season we walked to the title, but this year we aren't, and concluding that because we aren't, that must mean the manager is completely out of his depth and useless, is being daft.

Agreed, Moyes could, at times anyway, be doing a better job, and last night was indeed woeful, but it is still far far too early to be making any conclusions... about the manager anyway. Not of course that that will stop any of you guys doing just that... but i understand that... all about trying to ratchet up the pressure and magnify the problems.

Sorry, should have said congrats to Newcastle. Although we didn't challenge them a great deal, still a fantastic defensive display from them.

• Like 2

All the ABUs.. sorry, carmine...all the opposition supporters... have been telling us for however many years, just you wait, once Fergie goes, you'll be fcuked. Don't recall them ever saying, just you wait, once Fergie goes, and if Moyes replaces him, you'll be fcuked. Why? Because they knew, as we did, that whoever took over from Fergie, there was bound to be difficulties. Those difficulties may last half a season, a whole season, a couple of seasons, or if you guys are lucky, we may go on a barron spell for decades like Liverpool have done... who knows... but what we did all know, and still do, is that at the very least, the first season post Fergie era would be extremely difficult....for anyone.

Anybody suggesting otherwise.. anybody asking with feign surprise why it is that last season we walked to the title, but this year we aren't, and concluding that because we aren't, that must mean the manager is completely out of his depth and useless, is being daft.

Agreed, Moyes could, at times anyway, be doing a better job, and last night was indeed woeful, but it is still far far too early to be making any conclusions... about the manager anyway. Not of course that that will stop any of you guys doing just that... but i understand that... all about trying to ratchet up the pressure and magnify the problems.

Sorry, should have said congrats to Newcastle. Although we didn't challenge them a great deal, still a fantastic defensive display from them.

i really think that if you matched style of play, top level experience and ability then Guardiola or Klopp were the only right fits if United were looking for a young manager. I have said from the moment he was appointed and see it even clearer now that Moyes is totally out of his depth to manage and meet the aspirations of Manchester United let alone fill Fergusons boots.

I also think that playing Van Persie should be worrying for United fans because it spanks of desperation on the part of your manager.

Just my thoughts, but if its stability you're all looking for then a change of manager will be needed in the summer.

Edited by carmine

i really think that if you matched style of play, top level experience and ability then Guardiola or Klopp were the only right fits if United were looking for a young manager. I have said from the moment he was appointed and see it even clearer now that Moyes is totally out of his depth to manage and meet the aspirations of Manchester United let alone fill Fergusons boots.

Of course we can easily go down the road of the ifs buts and the maybes with other managers, and maybe someone else would have done better, maybe they would have done worse, we'll never know... but we do know that a manager's rein like Fergie's, when it ended, was always going to be difficult, and whoever took over from him, would to a degree be taking on a poisoned chalice. Nobody will live up to him, and nobody would have been able to walk through the door after his departure and continue things like nothing had happened. It is exactly what you have been all telling us for however many years, exactly what you have all been dreaming about.. and now that day has come, all of a sudden it's all this feign shock horror, all this feign scratching of the head, and these feign questions about where it has all gone wrong?

You knew this would happen... we all did. It's happened. OK, so what next? From my point of view, it's a case of staying calm. From opposition supporters point of view, it's a case of urging us to all run around like headless chickens in a mad panic.

Of course we can easily go down the road of the ifs buts and the maybes with other managers, and maybe someone else would have done better, maybe they would have done worse, we'll never know... but we do know that a manager's rein like Fergie's, when it ended, was always going to be difficult, and whoever took over from him, would to a degree be taking on a poisoned chalice. Nobody will live up to him, and nobody would have been able to walk through the door after his departure and continue things like nothing had happened. It is exactly what you have been all telling us for however many years, exactly what you have all been dreaming about.. and now that day has come, all of a sudden it's all this feign shock horror, all this feign scratching of the head, and these feign questions about where it has all gone wrong?

You knew this would happen... we all did. It's happened. OK, so what next? From my point of view, it's a case of staying calm. From opposition supporters point of view, it's a case of urging us to all run around like headless chickens in a mad panic.

You are right but you really should be telling this to your own fans who were trumping on about winning the league, stability, and all that stuff. Very arrogant to listen to and the neutrals like myself were left to wonder if the majority of United support really ever understood how your success was so massively down to your manager. This current scenario seems to have been an accident waiting to happen, foreseeable to everyone except to the arrogant United supporters.

Thats very much the way it seems.

why was Van Persie playing when he clearly wasn't fit? All be it Rooney was suspended but has Moyes that little faith in his other strikers?

Does anyone know why a fit Fellaini was left out completely?

Because left outside is the very best position he can play at Man U and be effective.

I said he was a waste of money at the time and why on earth they pursued him instead of Baines is a mystery.

Still he might get Baines in January, assuming of course that Everton want to sell, after all they're doing very well under Martinez.

All the ABUs.. sorry, carmine...all the opposition supporters... have been telling us for however many years, just you wait, once Fergie goes, you'll be fcuked. Don't recall them ever saying, just you wait, once Fergie goes, and if Moyes replaces him, you'll be fcuked. Why?

Because the moaners went through a hatful of managers and players without winning anything until Ferguson came along. One would naturally assume they'll go back to being crap now.

Remember, when they hired Ferguson he'd WON things, including European trophies.

Moyes has won.... erm...... the (old) 2nd division championship?

Oh and a "Community Shield".

So it's hardly surprising some of us already saw the writing on the wall, is it?

thumbsup.gif

why was Van Persie playing when he clearly wasn't fit? All be it Rooney was suspended but has Moyes that little faith in his other strikers?

Because left outside is the very best position he can play at Man U and be effective.

I said he was a waste of money at the time and why on earth they pursued him instead of Baines is a mystery.

Still he might get Baines in January, assuming of course that Everton want to sell, after all they're doing very well under Martinez.

baines might feel he has a better chance of european football staying at Evertons Ups!!laugh.png

(1) Moyes is desperate.

(2) Yes.

(3) Because he's crap.

Killing it on Candy Crush during the match

post-102811-0-84142200-1386482830_thumb.

baines might feel he has a better chance of european football staying at Evertons Ups!!laugh.png

Beginning to look that way.

Everton have a tidy squad and there is every possibility they will improve.

It's amazing what a manager can do with players.

attachicon.gifBa4rfT3CIAA2fn0.jpg-large.jpeg

Is that Moyes with some ridiculous syrup thing on his bonce?

attachicon.gifBa4rfT3CIAA2fn0.jpg-large.jpeg

Is that Moyes with some ridiculous syrup thing on his bonce?

Fellaini isn't interested and Kagewa looks real pissed off.

I read somewhere (just talk) that Fellaini could return to Everton, but IMO there's not a hope in he'll of Martinez jeapordising his squad and also probably wouldn't pay the 5K asking price.

It was only two weeks ago that Alfie and Carmine said that Ferguson was still in charge.......make your minds up lads! biggrin.png

Still stand by my earlier statement ....lets wait til January shall we wink.png

It really is amazing the amount of hatred and resentment against us but as we all know success breeds this just ask Liverpool fans all those years ago ......good post from Rix above that you should all take note of United have far to much experience not to be involved in the league title ....write us off at your peril because we can only get better than we have been performing.

I standby Moyse like the majority of real United followers.

Yes hands up Mr Ed....i was very clearly wrong because RedNose definitely isn't running the show!!!!biggrin.png

But please, the "write us off at your peril" stuff was over at the end of last season. Like i said on here six weeks ago, i have you down for 6th or 7th and i won't be changing that predication for the better anytime soon.

Its not hatred btw.....just fed up with the gloating, the biased refereeing decisions, the bullying of officials, dodgey penalty awards, fergietime etc etc.

I fear you are all struggling to cope with the realities of life in the real world. And we might never again hear from BKKJames again on here.

Fancy your chances, Villa away next week? Rooneys back so Moyes won't have to stupidly and unnecessarily risk a major groin injury to Van Persie!!

we can only get better than we have been performing.

Can't argue with that.

biggrin.png

And fortunately for everybody else your lot can only get worse biggrin.png

Funnily enough I don't think we've found our best yet, nor do I think AW has found his preferred XI.

Which isn't to say an injury to Koscielny or BFG wouldn't make life difficult.

Edited by Chicog

Beginning to look that way.

Everton have a tidy squad and there is every possibility they will improve.

It's amazing what a manager can do with players.

True,but it raises the question why Moyes hasn't been able to evoke his all action, seige mentality type of play he instilled at Everton, on the players at United. Fellaini,for one,typified the Moyes brand of football there but,under the same manager, isn't a tenth of the player he was there.He played as an attacking midfielder and up front at Everton so,I suppose, he might be sulking because he's not playing in the meat of the action.

Alan Curbishly is looking a bit of a wally (not that hard for him) because he once said that Martinez was the 'most overrated manager in the Premier League'.

It was only two weeks ago that Alfie and Carmine said that Ferguson was still in charge.......make your minds up lads! biggrin.png

It really is amazing the amount of hatred and resentment against us but as we all know success breeds this just ask Liverpool fans all those years ago ......good post from Rix above that you should all take note of United have far to much experience not to be involved in the league title ....write us off at your peril because we can only get better than we have been performing.

I agree that you will be involved in the title...you will have played the team that wins itcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist

• Like 1

True,but it raises the question why Moyes hasn't been able to evoke his all action, seige mentality type of play he instilled at Everton, on the players at United. Fellaini,for one,typified the Moyes brand of football there but,under the same manager, isn't a tenth of the player he was there.He played as an attacking midfielder and up front at Everton so,I suppose, he might be sulking because he's not playing in the meat of the action.

Alan Curbishly is looking a bit of a wally (not that hard for him) because he once said that Martinez was the 'most overrated manager in the Premier League'.

it's because the "all action, seige mentality type of play" at everton was a total myth mate. they played largely alehouse football and relied on a few players with bits of genuine quality to get them results against midtable and lower sides, mostly at home. his away record was poor and his record against the 'big' sides was laughable.

I agree that you will be involved in the title...you will have played the team that wins itcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist

And there goes a voice of experience................................. from a supporter whose been watching his team do just that for the last 20+ years wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif .

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 2

It is time to ease off Moyle's I think .He as only been in the job 5 months as already won silverware and as a win ratio 0f 54.55% out of all the previous managers at the club it is only beaten by Sir Alex . So lets all at least give him the chance he deserves to manage the club.

• Like 1

It is time to ease off Moyle's I think .He as only been in the job 5 months as already won silverware and as a win ratio 0f 54.55% out of all the previous managers at the club it is only beaten by Sir Alex . So lets all at least give him the chance he deserves to manage the club.

Yeh right!!biggrin.png Wish i was paid what he gets to do such a piss poor job!

it's because the "all action, seige mentality type of play" at everton was a total myth mate. they played largely alehouse football and relied on a few players with bits of genuine quality to get them results against midtable and lower sides, mostly at home. his away record was poor and his record against the 'big' sides was laughable.

It was widely acknowledged and accepted by... well pretty much everybody, bar perhaps city rivals like yourself that is.... that the job Moyes did at Everton, in the eleven years he was there, was pretty remarkable. When he had the team finish in fourth in 2005, he achieved something special, and something that he must have known would be virtually impossible to repeat without the extra funding that he knew he wouldn't get.

The easier option by far at that point would have been to walk away from the club on a high and take one of the more lucrative and attractive job offers he was getting elsewhere... but he didn't, he showed, what is these days, an unusual loyalty to stay where he was. When the team predictably struggled in the season after the highs of 2005, everybody was saying how Moyes had stayed one season too long, and people were predicting that he would soon lose his job. But he battled on, did some rebuilding, and in 2007-2008, had the club once again up in the top four for long parts of the season, ending up in fifth. Another great achievement. No myth about that.

What's laughable is people trying to now pretend that all that meant nothing. What's laughable is holding up the lack of silverware as proof positive that the job he did at the Toffees was a failure, (especially when considering the far from impressive silverware "haul" of some of those doing the criticizing). What's laughable is those now hailing the job Martinez is doing as being so much better, after he has been there all of what, five minutes. Laughable but predictable. All part of the current effort to build up the clueless clown, achieved nothing, caricature.

• Like 1

Bad week for united but we will bounce back, we need Carrick he holds the team together vastly under rated player.

Against Newcastle that was the first time in a long time that i was not confident we would pull back and win being a goal down, all is not lost just yet in the league but we have to get back on track and string a few wins together. it is a funny season as only Arsenal are showing Champions form, but as we all know the league really gets going after the new year.

• Like 1

Yep to right nev Carrick is sorely missed at the moment.......that is why he bought the mop to cover for eventualities like this but he is not up to playing for a big club and was a panic buy for me because of the <deleted> up by Woodward and co in the transfer market.

It shows there inexperience dealing in the market to pay all that money for a player who really is not at the races since he moved .....for me i would tell him to get his hair cut and start acting like a United player because the way he is going he will not be playing at the World cup.

I would love to know when Gills input stopped and why they left Moyes out to dry on this transfer.

Ross Barklay was the kid we should of got i can imagine him and Nick Powell in the midfield in years to come with Adnan and Zaha on the wings.