Good Thai Or Farang Estate Agent In Pattaya ?

we bought a townhouse in nermpubwan last year, cost us 1.8 million baht. we done some work to the place like new decorative tiles on outside walls. we have it up for sale now for 1.5 mill thb but are not getting any offers.

can anyone recommend a decent agent in pattaya...or even a thai agent .

the house is not in a gated community or have a communual swimming pool , thats why we bought it because we did not want to be paying yearly service charges. i think many farang are put off by buying a place which is not in a community though i do not know why. are house is in a decent area which decent neighbours.

its a 3 bed 3 bathroom house. only built 3 years ago.

advice needed

thanks

First step would be to get a big sign outside your house, make sure it has Thai language as well, as KhunJean says a Townhouse would probably be more attractive to Thai people. Local Thai "agents" will soon start calling.

Also list on all the free/local web sites you can find, Bahtsold, ThaiVisa classifieds, Property in Pattaya (Facebook page) and Pattaya Real Estate Network (Facebook page), REThai, Pattaya Trader,Pantip, Prakard, Signs in Thai & English on the supermarket notice boards, online classified sections of all the local papers.......

Try our forum sponsor Alan Bolton http://bit.ly/alanbolton

Try our forum sponsor Alan Bolton http://bit.ly/alanbolton

hi,

its allready listed with alans company. not to put alan boltons company down, its just if the house isnt selling then i guess its a sign of the times, hindsight is a wonderfull thing, we bought this place and thought we were going to live in it , now wife has changed her mind bah.gif she wants to stay in uk and get her kids over to live with us. my fault too but this hass been a lesson to me never to listen too much to my wife and do my home work before making any more bad investments !!

by the way. i was thinking of putting 100,000 baht into furnishing this place with all new beds, fridge , tv,s etc. then rent it for 11.000 per month. its on soi mayaplai 8. nermpubwan. its a bausy soi with heavy traffic but close to the farang bars, gyms, market, fishing park etc. we have a thai lady lives across from us and we would pay her 1000 baht out of the rental money per month just to act as house keeper and make sure house was taken care of

and make sure anyone renting paid electric and water etc.

what is your views on this ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Finding a good agent will be difficult if not impossible. They prefer spending their time pushing expensive houses and condos because they generate a bigger commission.

Its best if you market yourself and not rely on agent. Post photo's and description in sites provided by a previous poster.

Renting is possible but doing so while not here to personally look after can be full of risk.

I sent you a PM concerning property.

I would rent it out, unfurnished. Otherwise changes are your 100.000 baht you spend on furniture is worth a lot less very quick by careless usage, and you would need at least 10 months rent to get your money back.

I am in the rental business, i never rent out with furniture.

Always unfurnished as it is a way to retain your renters, most are too lazy to move everything once they are settled in, and with their own furniture it is more their place and thus take more care. With full furniture they just walk out whenever they want, Thais and foreigners alike.

Edited by Khun Jean
  • Like 1

A PM from Pattaya Phom,...

Better give your advice on the forum for anyone to read, at least then we have a chance to correct it.

I believe its against forum rules to post contact details of companies.....if recommending a Thai agent thay may be able to help the OP sell his house, I dont see why that needs to be discussed on an open forum. I think most members are aware of your thoughts about agents,lawyers, developers and anything to do with the property market...however, there are genuine professional people that work in the industry,and also many content homeowners that live in Thailand. If you have that big a chip on your shoulder you should really take the beef somewhere else rathe rthan hijacking every thread on this website with derogatory comments.

I only correct people that spread wrong information. You are known to do that.

Deducting from that you would not be able to know if an agent is capable, let alone advice someone, for the sole reason that you lack the knowledge and even have no problem suggesting illegal setups to circumvent the Thai law. That is btw also against forum rules, one you choose to break many times.

As the OP says, he got some good advice from you. Why not share it and leave out the agent name.

A forum is to share information, let's do that.

I only have 'beef' with dishonest people, unfortunate many of those are so called 'professional'. Only in Thailand they can get away with that, probably the reason why they ply there trade here.

I only correct people that spread wrong information. You are known to do that.

Deducting from that you would not be able to know if an agent is capable, let alone advice someone, for the sole reason that you lack the knowledge and even have no problem suggesting illegal setups to circumvent the Thai law. That is btw also against forum rules, one you choose to break many times.

As the OP says, he got some good advice from you. Why not share it and leave out the agent name.

A forum is to share information, let's do that.

I only have 'beef' with dishonest people, unfortunate many of those are so called 'professional'. Only in Thailand they can get away with that, probably the reason why they ply there trade here.

OK, above is a blank space, I have now posted everything I sent in a PM to the OP leaving out agent name and contact details.....please correct me on the blank advice that was sent as you assumed was donebiggrin.png

just to clear things up, i was pm,d a thai agents name and number, nothing ( i dont think ) illegal in that. anyway does anyone else know of any thai agents around pattaya. this house needs to sell as ive lost my job back home and will not be living in thailand,

thanks

You might try putting a card in the property sales window of Friendship Supermarket and any of the other supermarkets which have similar classified display windows. Will you be in Thailand or the UK while the property is being sold?