2012 Superbike Smackdown (Street)

yeah nice comparison test, none of these bikes comes away as bad, which is a pretty amazing feat...

on why the 1199 didn't win, here's what an owner had to say about his bike, 55555...

..... Forget the comfy ergos, forget the puring kitty engine, and forget the tamed manner. This bike is pure exotic rawness. It boils your blood with no BS attitude. She doesnt like riding slow, if you do so she will burn the shit out of you just because she wants to. You twist the throttle and she doesnt back off, she pulls you into it asking for more. If you dont have to turn dont even think about doing so because just the mere thought of it makes her dive into the corners like a hunting dog chasing a rabbit. This bike reminds me of having sex with a nympho and getting slapped in the face while being burnt with a cigarette butt in my chest! It is THAT exciting.

That blue Bemmer is so cool!

Definitely getting less ugly... The S1000RR is my definition for how something can look awesome and ugly at the same time.

The Panigale on the other hand is possibly the nicest looking bike ever built....

• Like 1

bmw s1000 rules man. awesome looking bike both on design and spec sheet.. Panigale looks also good but it has a softer design for me. BMW is sharper with asymmetric headlights and shark fins besides more powerful and better ergonomics according to the review.

It is only 950,000 - 1.000.000 thb though in Thailand!

If i have a million in my bank to spare for a bike, i do not think a second and buy it!

Edited by loserlazer

Nahh... I would not want one of them in Thailand... the whole no speed limit would kill me very fast... The ER6f is more than good enough (ha... I am lying so I belive it myself), but it sure is fun, work for the speed, work to get the most out of the bike... How much faster can you go than 240kmph over a long stretch... Yes I know you can go faster as I did on my zx12r a few years back, but in reality... I am getting older (smarter) and we are not always going full speed...

I like the 1199 for the looks... I think it looks just sexy...

If I had a million to waste...

It would be the z1000 with all the extras I could find... or a street fighter 848, yes they are nice!!!

Nahh... I would not want one of them in Thailand... the whole no speed limit would kill me very fast... The ER6f is more than good enough (ha... I am lying so I belive it myself), but it sure is fun, work for the speed, work to get the most out of the bike... How much faster can you go than 240kmph over a long stretch... Yes I know you can go faster as I did on my zx12r a few years back, but in reality... I am getting older (smarter) and we are not always going full speed...

It would be the z1000 with all the extras I could find... or a street fighter 848, yes they are nice!!!

I had a ninja 650 here for 1.5 years and i can tell you it is a LOT safer doing 240kms on the S1000rr than on the ninja...

Test drove the Z1000 here, feels way to small (i`m 6 ft) and boring, lack of grunt too..

The 1199 is a close second, but i dont think you would get one here for a million bhat??

I had a ninja 650 here for 1.5 years and i can tell you it is a LOT safer doing 240kms on the S1000rr than on the ninja...

Test drove the Z1000 here, feels way to small (i`m 6 ft) and boring, lack of grunt too..

The 1199 is a close second, but i dont think you would get one here for a million bhat??

Z1000 is much smaller than I thought it would be, think snowflake is a big lad too!

Wow... I have got to get out of the bush and get myself to see the z1000 in real life... (not the smashed up one in Phuket)...

I am not sure but my ER6f will not reach 240kph with me on it, unless it is free fall or towed behind the ss1000rr or whatever... Still, the looks of the z1000 i like.- and I am sure that it will be like the er6f, maybe a tad bigger. I feel ok on the orange beast (hahaha)... I am a big bloke, but what else is out there in my price range that is not too big/trail like???

I like the Multistrada and the Hyper, but the hyper is like a versys and the monster... (Maybe I will end up with the Versys for christmas with just a bigger kit budget... (I also have to buy a new car so I can't spend too much on the bike this year)!!!

Yes I know, if you know me!!!

Wow... I have got to get out of the bush and get myself to see the z1000 in real life... (not the smashed up one in Phuket)...

I am not sure but my ER6f will not reach 240kph with me on it, unless it is free fall or towed behind the ss1000rr or whatever... Still, the looks of the z1000 i like.- and I am sure that it will be like the er6f, maybe a tad bigger. I feel ok on the orange beast (hahaha)... I am a big bloke, but what else is out there in my price range that is not too big/trail like???

I like the Multistrada and the Hyper, but the hyper is like a versys and the monster... (Maybe I will end up with the Versys for christmas with just a bigger kit budget... (I also have to buy a new car so I can't spend too much on the bike this year)!!!

Yes I know, if you know me!!!

Sorry to the OP for staying off-topic, I think it was mentioned in a previous thread but the Yamaha FZ8N is a great alternative to the Z1000 and is 110,000baht cheaper so you can pimp it up with what you save. That's what I'd do anyway but what do I know!

I just looked at the Yamaha... looks nice, but 480000 for the FZ8N- I find that to be a nice bike too, but is it the standard 7000rpm up to have the yamaha power or is it a smooth power delivery...

Sorry for digressing, but to talk about superbikes, I don't want the sporty super sport position that I feel the CBR, GSXR, 848, ZX10, or the likes offer. I want something that will slow me down a bit... but still have the power to cruise at 150 kmph... Put me on a sports bike and I will try to go flat out... a naked bike is just better as the wind will stop me...

I will have to go to Bangkok to look at the FZ8N, where is it? and is it as good as the sexy z1000?

1,200,000Baht gets you the base 1199 ;)