Documents required for retirement extension in CM?

Am getting very confusing info re docs for retirement extension in CM using legal 800,000.

It has been in a fixed deposit account for many years!

I am now being told by some IO in CM that the LAW changed in January and that I must produce an annual  Statement for the fixed account even though I have only ever provided the letter and updated passbook in the past!

(I asked BKK and they said annual statement for fixed accounts run from account update/renewal and not for the past year!) account is continuous but upgrades/downgrades every year in May but extension due in April!!

Does anyone have a list in English of what is NOW required as I have just been told I need a I year annual statement from the bank (BKK).

in addition has anyone seen this new regulation issued in January this year? 

Do they require a TM30 at CW too? 

I signed up once years ago using the Section 38 app, which doesn't seem to work anymore for some reason. The app opens, but can no longer login in. 

Anyway, I've never been asked for it at CW in the past and I have a print out from the app I made years ago when the app was still working. 

Is something different required now?

48 minutes ago, TylerBKK said:

Do they require a TM30 at CW too? 

Not in my experience. 

Have never provided TM30 for annual extensions at CW. 

Note that my last 2 extensions at CW the doc check chicks required TM47 which was not needed in previous years. 

• Thanks 1

With respect to CM Immigration, would note the following with respect to Tyler's list above:

(1)  I have always gotten the bank letter and bankbook update the day before applying for a new annual extension based on retirement. I've understood you can do this up to 7 days before the date of application but I know for sure that the day before has never been a problem.  I also have added or subtracted a 100 plus or minus baht from the account then as I've read other immigration offices require that (I have no clue if CM Immigration actually requires this....they never did for years).

(2)  The 12-month deal has been around in CM for at least a couple of years.  Fortunately, I use SCB for the 800k and can get the statement the day before application.

(3)  Yes, a copy of your current TM30 Receipt of Notification is required (or printout from your condo or whatever that they filed it) is required.

(4)  This past December, I was required to provide a copy of my original Non-O (in my case, it was a copy of the passport page transferring that information into my newest passport).

(5)  They didn't require a copy of my latest TM47 Receipt of Notification (although I had it on hand).

(6)  Not sure about Tyler items 8-10.  I lease and only provide a copy of the latest annual lease.

(7)  Also, for at least the last couple of years, required to provide filled out completed penalty forms (one is titled "Acknowledgment of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand" and the other is titled "The Acknowledgment of Penalties for a Visa Overstay.").  I print the ones I have on my computer but those forms are available outside near where they pre-check documents.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not in my experience. 

Have never provided TM30 for annual extensions at CW. 

Note that my last 2 extensions at CW the doc check chicks required TM47 which was not needed in previous years. 

Thank you. That is good news. 

With regards to TM47, you are referring to your current receipt from immigration of 90 day report I assume?

4 minutes ago, CMBob said:

(7)  Also, for at least the last couple of years, required to provide filled out completed penalty forms (one is titled "Acknowledgment of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand" and the other is titled "The Acknowledgment of Penalties for a Visa Overstay.").  I print the ones I have on my computer but those forms are available outside near where they pre-check documents.

In CW they normally hand you a few documents like this to fill out and sign when you are sitting at the desk with the IO. In my experience these additional forms can change from time to time so I normally just wait until I go to immigration and fill out whatever extra forms they ask me to do. Thus, I don't try and fill these things out in advance since they might change. I also recall that with the one regarding penalties of overstay that they would like you to hold up the form after you sign it and they take a digital photo of you holding the signed form. Again, this is just from memory, so apologies if this information isn't entirely up to date. 

10 minutes ago, TylerBKK said:

In CW they normally hand you a few documents like this to fill out and sign when you are sitting at the desk with the IO. In my experience these additional forms can change from time to time so I normally just wait until I go to immigration and fill out whatever extra forms they ask me to do. Thus, I don't try and fill these things out in advance since they might change. I also recall that with the one regarding penalties of overstay that they would like you to hold up the form after you sign it and they take a digital photo of you holding the signed form. Again, this is just from memory, so apologies if this information isn't entirely up to date. 

I've used the same forms for 2+ years....I don't think they've changed the forms since this requirement started a few years back.  And, here in CM, there's no lovely photograph of the applicant and form.  Get and fill out the forms before you see the officer as they typically will send you away to get them. 

Edit:  OP's post is about CM Immigration so adding info about what other offices require maybe only adds confusion.  We all know different provinces (and even sometimes different officers within the same office) have different rules/practices.

Edited by CMBob

1 minute ago, CMBob said:

I've used the same forms for 2+ years....I don't think they've changed the forms since this requirement started a few years back.  And, here in CM, there's no lovely photograph of the applicant and form.  Get and fill out the forms before you see the officer as they typically will send you away to get them. 

Interesting how things are different at each office. Here they just hand you the extra forms and then you can fill them out while the IO is typing your details into the system for the extension. They don't make a fuss about it at CW thankfully. And I remember having the photo taken with that overstay penalty form 2-3 times in the past. 

One of my

23 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

It has been in a fixed deposit account for many years!

I am now being told by some IO in CM that the LAW changed in January and that I must produce an annual  Statement for the fixed account even though I have only ever provided the letter and updated passbook in the past!

Can anyone please answer what I asked?

"Was/is there a new law regarding statements must be provided for Fixed deposit accounts?" 

BKK CM say that they can only give me the standard letter of the actual day's balance and an updated passbook.  Fixed deposit accounts run from the date of their renewal, in my case May (since 2016), so an annual statement in March is not possible according to BKK!

BKK say it is BS and say there is no such thing as an annual statement for a fixed deposit account out with the dates of the account's savings rate renewal! There is of course proof of continuity via the passbook!

This is stalemate!

Edited by scottiejohn

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

One of my

Can anyone please answer what I asked?

"Was/is there a new law regarding statements must be provided for Fixed deposit accounts?" 

BKK CM say that they can only give me the standard letter of the actual day's balance and an updated passbook.  Fixed deposit accounts run from the date of their renewal, in my case May (since 2016), so an annual statement in March is not possible according to BKK!

BKK say it is BS and say there is no such thing as an annual statement for a fixed deposit account out with the dates of the account's savings rate renewal! There is of course proof of continuity via the passbook!

This is stalemate!

When you refer to BKK are you referring to BBL or Bangkok Bank?

If yes, and you are using Bangkok Bank, then next question is do you have the Bangkok Bank mobile app in your phone?

If you do then is your fixed deposit account linked to your accounts within the Bangkok Bank mobile app?

If so, then click on the "More Services" tab at the bottom of the app and you will see an option for "Request account statement". There you can request a (free of charge) statement for up to 12 months back and it will be emailed to your email address on file with the bank which is associated with your account. You should receive the email from BBL within 10 minutes. It will come as a password protected PDF file attachment. Your 8 digit birthdate will be the password to unlock the file (day, month, year). Then you can print that statement out.

Edited by TylerBKK
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Also, I confirmed there are 3 extra forms you need to fill out at Immigration which aren't on my list above:

1 - A single page form that only says "Statement" at the top. It seems to be some sort of affidavit. You have to fill out name and address at the top and then sign the bottom.  

2 - A single page form entitled "ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PERMIT OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND". Requires name, age, date and signature twice at the bottom.

3 - A two page form entitled "The Acknowledgement of Penalties for A Visa Overstay". Requires date, name, age, nationality and signature twice at the bottom on the first page and then signature only again on the second page.

37 minutes ago, TylerBKK said:

When you refer to BKK are you referring to BBL or Bangkok Bank?

If yes, and you are using Bangkok Bank, then next question is do you have the Bangkok Bank mobile app in your phone?

If you do then is your fixed deposit account linked to your accounts within the Bangkok Bank mobile app?

If so, then click on the "More Services" tab at the bottom of the app and you will see an option for "Request account statement". There you can request a (free of charge) statement for up to 12 months back and it will be emailed to your email address on file with the bank which is associated with your account. You should receive the email from BBL within 10 minutes. It will come as a password protected PDF file attachment. Your 8 digit birthdate will be the password to unlock the file (day, month, year). Then you can print that statement out.

What a pointless response!

The whole point of a fixed deposit account with BKK (and NOT BLL whatever that is) is that it is a FIXED deposit account with BKK and which can never be accessed except by the account holder attending in person and showing their passport!

There is no online, ATM or other access to that type of account unless you are stupid enough to change those advised restrictions!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In the case of re-entering the country within less than 90 days, the 90 day TM47 is not available/applicable. Correct? Should one expect any problems at CW? 

6 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

In the case of re-entering the country within less than 90 days, the 90 day TM47 is not available/applicable. Correct? Should one expect any problems at CW? 

Not sure I understand your question.

If you are in Thailand continously for 90+ days you are required to do 90 day report.

Every time you exit Thailand the clock stops and is reset when you reenter. 

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not sure I understand your question.

If you are in Thailand continously for 90+ days you are required to do 90 day report.

Every time you exit Thailand the clock stops and is reset when you reenter. 

In the case where one must visit Immigration for their retirement extension, but they recently  re-entered Thailand from overseas (say last month), a TM47 would not be available for Immigration due to the recent re-entry. I was just wondering if Immigration will be OK with that or have their been examples of a problem due to this situation.

22 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

In the case where one must visit Immigration for their retirement extension, but they recently  re-entered Thailand from overseas (say last month), a TM47 would not be available for Immigration due to the recent re-entry. I was just wondering if Immigration will be OK with that or have their been examples of a problem due to this situation.

You would just provide most recent TM47.

By way of example that could be years old.

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You would just provide most recent TM47.

By way of example that could be years old.

Thanks. Unfortunately in my case, I traveled frequently for work for my whole 19 yrs employment in Thailand and never needed to file a TM47. Next week will be my first visit for a Retirement extension. Not sure what is going to happen.

2 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

Thanks. Unfortunately in my case, I traveled frequently for work for my whole 19 yrs employment in Thailand and never needed to file a TM47. Next week will be my first visit for a Retirement extension. Not sure what is going to happen.

You will be fine.

My first 7 yrs in Thailand I was out/in Thailand every month. As a result never had made a 90 day report.

The TM47 requirement at CW is new.

In any event your pp stamps will show if you have missed a required report.

Even then the io could do a 90 report and fine you 2k then proceed with the 12 month extension.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1