My Cat Food Frog Just Ate A Huge Cockroach

tinfoilhat

Just like it says, the frog that has been hanging out in my cats cat food dish for the last couple months eating his fill of dried catfood has just snapped up a massive cockroach.

Thing is, i had just zapped it with a very (un)healthy blast of insecticide.

Hope i didn't inadvertently off the frog, ive become quite fond of him.

• Like 2

The OP ... I never thought you to have a 'Warm and Fuzzy' side!

Don't know what this has to do with Thailand, but like you, I am a Frog Fan.

When I returned one time from Thailand after being away for 3 months, the water level in the loo had dropped and some how (I can only presumed he/she crawled up the pipe) a huge Green Tree Frog had taken up residency inside the Loo.

When I returned one time from Thailand after being away for 3 months, the water level in the loo had dropped and some how (I can only presumed he/she crawled up the pipe) a huge Green Tree Frog had taken up residency inside the Loo.

the frog, the cat, the dish, and i, all live in bangkok -- the cockroach died there.

And to be honest, they are something of a plague around my place, being so loud you cannot hear the tv after a rain, but this one differentiated himself

Edited by tinfoilhat

Have you actually seen the frog or toad eat the cat food? I ask because in Hawaii we often get toads sitting by pet food dishes waiting for the roaches, people assume they eat the kibble but when asked , have never actually seen them eat it. Most frogs and toads will only eat some thing they see move.

Have you actually seen the frog or toad eat the cat food? I ask because in Hawaii we often get toads sitting by pet food dishes waiting for the roaches, people assume they eat the kibble but when asked , have never actually seen them eat it. Most frogs and toads will only eat some thing they see move.

I too have to agree, next thing I'm gonna do is set up a perimeter of kitty food dishes. No, but seriously. I've kept toads for a number of years now. The food always has to move, for them to eat it.

I put a dead rat that I had poisoned in a plastic bar for later disposal and a visiting cat stole the rat and the bag. I hope the cat suffered no ill effects but I have not seen it since.

I put a dead rat that I had poisoned in a plastic bar for later disposal and a visiting cat stole the rat and the bag. I hope the cat suffered no ill effects but I have not seen it since.

You've answered your own question......anyway, don't feel guilty, the cat has some culpability for failing to do in the rat.

Life can be harsh sometimes.

• Like 1

the frog, the cat, the dish, and i, all live in bangkok -- the cockroach died there.

And to be honest, they are something of a plague around my place, being so loud you cannot hear the tv after a rain, but this one differentiated himself

I can't believe the cockroaches make so much noise. Well, one less, now.

When I first read the title of the post, I assumed that the frog was an attempt at growing your own cat food, which I thought was pretty survivalist.

SC

Some poisons for killing rats need a minimum amount to work. The cat is heavier, they cat didn't swallow the complete rat, and the rat destroyed part of the poison already.

So cat has a good chance.....

Yesterday I saw the cat that took the poisoned rat. She seemed not to have been affected. I really don't want to get too friendly with her because she looks like she is about to hatch a batch of kittens. I'd rather she has them somewhere other than in my garage, whistling.gif

Get some snakes to clear the frogs lol ; I left my last house because of the racket of the blighters. I did like to play with them as they all stopped their singing on mass when I turned the outside light on. Then they would start off again. So when having sundowners occasionally I would flick the lights on and off trying to get them to sing on command along with what ever music I was listening to. They got bored before I did though and started to ignore the light.

please an update about our green friends health

he is back in the dish as of tonight. seems unchanged.

great, if you need some cockroaches to feed him, I can send you some :-)

Get some snakes to clear the frogs lol ; I left my last house because of the racket of the blighters. I did like to play with them as they all stopped their singing on mass when I turned the outside light on. Then they would start off again. So when having sundowners occasionally I would flick the lights on and off trying to get them to sing on command along with what ever music I was listening to. They got bored before I did though and started to ignore the light.

different than barking of dogs, for me the singing of the frogs doesn't stop me from sleeping, actually I like to hear it...

different than barking of dogs, for me

doesn't stop me from sleeping, actually I like to hear it...

Though to be fair, he is Armenian.

, as you english would say.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

the frogs can be really bad, though the ones immediately after the rains sound like a herd of cows. makes me chuckle.

As for the frog i have seen it sitting in the dish with 10 odd pieces of kibble in it, then gone outside 10 mins later to see the bowl empty.

I have never seen a roach after the dried food.

different than barking of dogs, for me

doesn't stop me from sleeping, actually I like to hear it...

Though to be fair, he is Armenian.

, as you english would say.

SC

I am Austrian, but I like this frog singing, she sang for us when we marched to the west something 70 years ago.

• Like 1

We all know frogs love to eat snails, so a cockroach is not such a big stretch.

No I didn't know it.....Interesting!

I only thought of flies....

Cricket sandwiches was bad enough, but now, a fly cemetery - with garlic?

Oh yuck!

SC

I suppose someone else will have to explain this to you as well.

If someone misses the point, eventually one has to be blunt, but then the impact is lost

please an update about our green friends health

he is back in the dish as of tonight. seems unchanged.

Post us a pic of the catfood froggiethumbsup.gif

ill see if he is back tonight, sometimes he takes a day or two off, but he has been a regular here for at least a month if not longer.

• Like 1

Most amphibians will try to eat anything they can fit in their mouths, they're voracious eaters. Glad to hear the poison didn't affect it.

When I moved back to the US I almost bought a breeding pair of Tokays because I missed their calls haha.

Most amphibians will try to eat anything they can fit in their mouths, they're voracious eaters. Glad to hear the poison didn't affect it.

When I moved back to the US I almost bought a breeding pair of Tokays because I missed their calls haha.

There is a ringtone for mobile phones.....my wife doesn't like it.....