New Pattaya Hotel

fastphil

Hello all!

I know there are a few threads similar to this one here but I'm looking for up to date info, I haven't been to Pattaya for a year, I'm looking for a new or newish hotel for 9 days in September, not too far from the center, budget between 1000-1200 baht a night, in room safe box, no joiner fee and a pool woulld be nice, any ideas?

Still my favorite, but often full: diana-oasis, Soi Bouakao (best value for money, friendly staff and great food, too) / Areca Lodge, Soi Diana Inn(also great location, good value in new rooms, not sure about joiner fees?) / LK Metropole, Soi Diana Inn (good rooms, good location, value depends on promotion, staff average last time I stayed there).

I've stayed at the Areca lodge loads of times, great hoteI, I stopped staying there because they hiked the prices about 4 years ago, I've just been looking at Diana Oasis online and it looks really great, which room/studio would you recomend?

I've stayed at the Areca lodge loads of times, great hoteI, I stopped staying there because they hiked the prices about 4 years ago, I've just been looking at Diana Oasis online and it looks really great, which room/studio would you recomend?

I mostly stay in the C-Block studios. Nice, modern and fully equipped. Their lady manager is great, Meow, been there since they opened 4 years ago. Definitely best value in central location. Monthly rate works out at about 6-700 Baht/ night with good breakfast and reliable Free WIFI, which is a rarity for a hotel.

• Like 1

I mostly stay in the C-Block studios. Nice, modern and fully equipped. Their lady manager is great, Meow, been there since they opened 4 years ago. Definitely best value in central location. Monthly rate works out at about 6-700 Baht/ night with good breakfast and reliable Free WIFI, which is a rarity for a hotel.

where is it ?

I've stayed at Diana oasis too, its on Soi Bukkao just north of soi honey inn, staff is great, good restuarant, 7-11 right next door, good cheap thai food right across the street, easy walk to central mall, small kitchen with refer and microwave, 2 pools, free breakfast, free movie rentals, reasonable prices cash only, with deposit, no joiner fees, mostly a long stay by the month place but will rent a room short term if they have one, I'll be back next time in Pattaya, I stayed in C block, tower rooms look nice thou more expensive, email Meow at diana-oasis.com

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to book a "C" block room, looking forward to it!

I recently stayed 1month in one of the tower rooms,

Great place to stay,i can back up previous posters on there comments,

The staff are most friendly and meow is a jem. She also does some charity work for the local orphanages, and she appreciates donations in the way of toy,s (no cash)

Enjoy your stay.

I liked Diana Oasis. Peaceful and pools are nice. Meow was pleasant. Be aware Meow does not handle the entire place. There is a big 10 story or so hotel on the grounds she does not handle.

Two things I did not like.

1: "free breakfast" is included. I don't like the narrow choices and I don't eat that kind of breakfast and I certainly don't eat the same thing every day. So nothing explicitly agains Diana, I just really do't like places that "include" a breakfast. One hotel even retorted when I asked if the room price could be adjusted a little bit in some way if I decline the breakfast said: "It is free. You don't have to eat it if you don't want". siiigh

2: There was enough late night noise past 4 am or so from some place around the corner. I stayed 2 nights and moved out. I was very sad because I liked the location, the room was clean, pool areas have some trees and that tropical look that were really nice. I was looking forward to a fine 2 weeks. When I told Meow I was checking out, she asked before I even said why I was moving, "was it the noise"? So she knew it is an issue. Might be gone now. Check first.

I still did try to stay another time but there were no openings.

I did stay in the bigger "high rise" hotel on the grounds. But there were an awful lot of roosters crowing from out back. Good price and location, but definitely need to check out the room location first. The ladies in the office on the ground floor were nice.