PM Yingluck Confident Tourism Income Will Reach Bt2 Trillion Within 5 Years

webfact

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM confident tourism income will reach Bt2 trillion within 5 years

so she expects it will well over double in that timeframe from the current 770 billion?

ermm.gif

well they could always pick up an extra trillion by redeploying Plan D

Elite Card, launched in 2003, promised fast-track immigration, discounts at resorts and golf courses and other perks. With members paying 1 million baht for a lifetime membership - prices later rose to 1.5 million - the goal was to attract a million subscribers in five years for revenue of 1 trillion baht.

Surely the correct quote is

PM confident tourist numbers will reach 2 trillion within 5 years
Edited by SGD

In line with the government's policy on tourism, all embassies and consulates globally have been instructed to issue visas only to dollar billionaires on the premise that they sign away the rights to their fortunes to the state. Montenegrin resident Mister Tacky Shinegra was the first to apply stating that he had satisfied all the criteria and had indeed signed away all of his money to the state some years ago. "I gave millions away to the poor too. My maid and gardener were among the richest in the country"

Well, I am still desperately looking for a waitress/waiter as well as one cook helper and one pizzaiolo. Qualification for service is English and not looking like Huntchback of Notredame; the kitchen staff needs to be willing to learn. Far above the THB 300 a day and I cannot find staff. So Yinglucks trillion dreams will grind to a screeching halt as nobody wants to work in this country anymore 8-)

So, you are in desperate need of help for an eatery geared towards tourist in a country whose unemployment rate is currently below 1% ... and this is reason to believe tourism numbers will not continue to increase?

Nisa with respect the Thai unemployment rate is standing at less than 1 % Ho Ho--he he. You can search for what figures you like, if you dug this out of some google-or similar-fine but it gives you what was imputted. if the imput figures were missguided you get a ridiculous find. Look at the picture, eastern tourist figures are up--but western down, all the employees that served western customers are back on the farm --NOT signing on the register for unemployed, all the school leavers not found work are not registered they are at home--the uni lads and lasses-big percentage have got diploma's but at home, mothers that are at home, not signed on--fathers that do not sign on unemployment, in between rice harvests, does this make sense -or have I got it all wrong. To add eastern arrivals tend to be in groups, and large chain hotels, the lower hotel/ guest houses and eating places are where the young are getting there marching orders. only 1 in a hundred out of work --OH please.

• Like 1

Shock News!!

Thai politician makes big fat claim!!

Shock News #2!!

Thaivisa members don't believe it!!

Shock News #3!!

Thai tourism has almost trebled in the past 10 years!!

Shock News #4!!

The day of the farang tourist is over, the new tourist market is inter-Asian.

The next phase of tourism will be the wealthy Chinese, Indonesians etc. The US and Canadien markets are becoming insignificant compared to the numbers and spend coming in from China, Malaysia etc.

There will be a massive surge, and I mean massive surge, in Chinese tourism. It wouldn't amaze me to see an additional 10 million Chinese per year alone visiting Thailand.....so

Get your blinkers off, the days of the farang being the bedrock of Thai tourism are over.

Well, with so many Thais seeming to enjoy either murdering and/or accidently killing farangs (along with their bucket loads of racism and xenophobia against farangs to the extent that it is institutionalized racism and xenophobia), and then cheating those that are left (all such in the news and in our faces every day), it is no wonder that it is the end of farangs wanting to come here.

As for letting the others come in boat loads, hey, most of them come in group tours and eat and stay in places (in Thailand) that are owned and run by those from such places (very little money to Thais and Thailand). Also, as they seem to do the ultra budget trip, it probably takes 100 of them to equal one budget farang!

You get what you deserve!

Edited by AngryParent

Shock News!!

Thai politician makes big fat claim!!

Shock News #2!!

Thaivisa members don't believe it!!

Shock News #3!!

Thai tourism has almost trebled in the past 10 years!!

Shock News #4!!

The day of the farang tourist is over, the new tourist market is inter-Asian.

The next phase of tourism will be the wealthy Chinese, Indonesians etc. The US and Canadien markets are becoming insignificant compared to the numbers and spend coming in from China, Malaysia etc.

There will be a massive surge, and I mean massive surge, in Chinese tourism. It wouldn't amaze me to see an additional 10 million Chinese per year alone visiting Thailand.....so

Get your blinkers off, the days of the farang being the bedrock of Thai tourism are over.

Well, with so many Thais seeming to enjoy either murdering and/or accidently killing farangs (along with their bucket loads of racism and xenophobia against farangs to the extent that it is institutionalized racism and xenophobia), and then cheating those that are left (all such in the news and in our faces every day), it is no wonder that it is the end of farangs wanting to come here.

As for letting the others come in boat loads, hey, most of them come in group tours and eat and stay in places (in Thailand) that are owned and run by those from such places (very little money to Thais and Thailand). Also, as they seem to do the ultra budget trip, it probably takes 100 of them to equal one budget farang!

You get what you deserve!

That's a very xenophobic post.

Naturally you can see the irony in it???

• Like 2

Well, I am still desperately looking for a waitress/waiter as well as one cook helper and one pizzaiolo. Qualification for service is English and not looking like Huntchback of Notredame; the kitchen staff needs to be willing to learn. Far above the THB 300 a day and I cannot find staff. So Yinglucks trillion dreams will grind to a screeching halt as nobody wants to work in this country anymore 8-)

So, you are in desperate need of help for an eatery geared towards tourist in a country whose unemployment rate is currently below 1% ... and this is reason to believe tourism numbers will not continue to increase?

Nisa with respect the Thai unemployment rate is standing at less than 1 % Ho Ho--he he. You can search for what figures you like, if you dug this out of some google-or similar-fine but it gives you what was imputted. if the imput figures were missguided you get a ridiculous find. Look at the picture, eastern tourist figures are up--but western down, all the employees that served western customers are back on the farm --NOT signing on the register for unemployed, all the school leavers not found work are not registered they are at home--the uni lads and lasses-big percentage have got diploma's but at home, mothers that are at home, not signed on--fathers that do not sign on unemployment, in between rice harvests, does this make sense -or have I got it all wrong. To add eastern arrivals tend to be in groups, and large chain hotels, the lower hotel/ guest houses and eating places are where the young are getting there marching orders. only 1 in a hundred out of work --OH please.

As usual, more ranting to do with a figure(s) accepted globally and your disbelief of them and all stats and figures along with Google searches that don't fit what you want to believe. But the bottom line is unemployment is one of the lowest in the world and Tourism is up and has been trending up for a very long time. And by the way, unemployment numbers are not derived from any benefits anyone gets be it here or most countries (try using Google, it can be your friend) .... benefits folks receive is a different stat all together.

Whether or not the PM's predictions are accurate of near doubling tourism (domestic & international) revenue in the next 5-years ... that too is a different thing. But consider just International arrivals were up 20% last year. But why mention this since you believe some conspiracy exists with the airlines, TAT, border agents, immigration, airports and foreign governments to inflate these figures that are accepted globally by those who rely on these figures.

Considering that she does not have much of clue as to what is happening in the country, i am struggling to see her perspective on things to come.

Also perhaps she has not noticed but business in Pattaya are closing down on daily basis, because not enough people.

Occupancy in the hotels is 10%-20% and prices still rising.

I hope she is right, because i myself and other business owners are seriously struggling to stay in business

Considering that she does not have much of clue as to what is happening in the country, i am struggling to see her perspective on things to come.

Also perhaps she has not noticed but business in Pattaya are closing down on daily basis, because not enough people.

I hope she is right, because i myself and other business owners are seriously struggling to stay in business

Maybe it's the plan to let the non-Thai, pattaya type business's ( if that's what they are.....) go to the wall so that the image can change ???

Would that be such a bad thing for Thailand ??

Maybe it's the plan to let the non-Thai, pattaya type business's ( if that's what they are.....) go to the wall so that the image can change ???

Ohh the troll posts as usualrolleyes.gif

Do enlighten me how hotel is "pattaya type" and do share with us how Thai owned business CAN sustain the losses but the non thai can not.

Sometimes i wonder if you ever think before you post, or trolling is your hobby.blink.png

As usual, more ranting to do with a figure(s) accepted globally and your disbelief of them and all stats and figures along with Google searches that don't fit what you want to believe. But the bottom line is unemployment is one of the lowest in the world and Tourism is up and has been trending up for a very long time. And by the way, unemployment numbers are not derived from any benefits anyone gets be it here or most countries (try using Google, it can be your friend) .... benefits folks receive is a different stat all together.

Whether or not the PM's predictions are accurate of near doubling tourism (domestic & international) revenue in the next 5-years ... that too is a different thing. But consider just International arrivals were up 20% last year. But why mention this since you believe some conspiracy exists with the airlines, TAT, border agents, immigration, airports and foreign governments to inflate these figures that are accepted globally by those who rely on these figures.

I think you will find that all such unemployment figures for Thailand come FROM Thailand - even the CIA factbook and wikipedia rely of Thai government figures. Thus there is a HUGE margin for between reality and Thai fiction.

Also, you will see that there is small print in such external regurgitation of the Thai data that uses the word 'underemployment'. Here is a great article about such in ASEAN (at the end).

Following this, REAL unemployment could be around 20-50% or higher in Thailand. as various factors are NOT considered when the 1% figure is given e.g. youth unmeployment as well as those who "help family for 1 hour a week" (who are classified as employed in Thailand but would not be in the real world), housewives, people older than the lower retirement age, etc.

Using a very simply calculation - poverty in Thailand, you will notice a huge percentage of the population is in absolute, relative and real poverty. Such levels start at lower than the 170 Baht a day minimum wage. Thus by this standard it is not hard to see that unemployment MUST be more than the 1% propaganda!

Here are 2 academic articles that should be readable by all who have not had their brains sucked out by either being educated here or by being nationalistic.

http://www.jri.co.jp...200003unemploy/

http://siteresources...itoronYouth.pdf

http://cmapspublic.ihmc.us/rid=1187615172542_1016198773_33133/Poverty%20in%20Thailand%28eng%29.pdf

Edited by AngryParent

Sorry, I haven't read many prior posts on this topic, but if I could get a message to Ms Yingluck about tourism in Thailand, here are the three things I'd recommend:

>>>> get jetskis banned wherever they're rented

>>>> clean up beaches. How? get crews to do it, and discourage Thai fishermen (and others) from dumping trash in to the seas. Farang will also help clean up beaches, though they're not the ones trashing them.

>>>> designate additional national parks, and have them administered like US nat'l parks (no commercial endeavors), and don't have two-tiered pricing contingent on whether a person has hairy arms and a pointy nose.

Sorry, I haven't read many prior posts on this topic, but if I could get a message to Ms Yingluck about tourism in Thailand, here are the three things I'd recommend:

>>>> clean up beaches. How? get crews to do it, and discourage Thai fishermen (and others) from dumping trash in to the seas. Farang will also help clean up beaches, though they're not the ones trashing them.

>>>> designate additional national parks, and have them administered like US nat'l parks (no commercial endeavors), and don't have two-tiered pricing contingent on whether a person has hairy arms and a pointy nose.

devaluing the mighty baht will be just fine.thumbsup.gif

Do enlighten me how hotel is "pattaya type" and do share with us how Thai owned business CAN sustain the losses but the non thai can not.

Sometimes i wonder if you ever think before you post, or trolling is your hobby.blink.png

Where does it say you have a hotel or are you pretending ??

BOI approved or not yours ?

How many rooms and staff please ?

If it's good, name it.

My company is called Mangofishing Ltd.

Yours ???

I don't expect an honest reply............

devaluing the mighty baht will be just fine.thumbsup.gif

Devaluation will need all those crooks to stop money laudnering in Thailand as such hugh currency movements do keep the currency of the hub of crime high!

Edited by AngryParent

Where does it say you have a hotel or are you pretending ??

BOI approved or not yours ?

How many rooms and staff please ?

If it's good, name it.

My company is called Mangofishing Ltd.

Yours ???

I don't expect an honest reply............

1. I could not care less what your company is called

2. Which part of "Occupancy in the hotels is 10%-20% and prices still rising." did you have a problem with understanding?

3. What does BOI have to do with business in Thailand?Do provide a link where it states that a foreigner must register with BOI to have a business in Thailandblink.png

4. What does the rest of your troll drivel have to do with the thread?

I am sorry i am not going to compare penis sizes with you who has more staff or bigger business, simply because i could not care less what you do and what you makethumbsup.gif

PS. For someone who wants to brag about his business, i would have thought had enough self respect to produce a professional site instead of homemade amateur workwhistling.gif

Edited by phl

I think you will find that all such unemployment figures for Thailand come FROM Thailand - even the CIA factbook and wikipedia rely of Thai government figures. Thus there is a HUGE margin for between reality and Thai fiction.

Also, you will see that there is small print in such external regurgitation of the Thai data that uses the word 'underemployment'. Here is a great article about such in ASEAN (at the end).

Following this, REAL unemployment could be around 20-50% or higher in Thailand. as various factors are NOT considered when the 1% figure is given e.g. youth unmeployment as well as those who "help family for 1 hour a week" (who are classified as employed in Thailand but would not be in the real world), housewives, people older than the lower retirement age outside Thailand, etc.

Here are 2 academic articles that should be readable by all who have not had their brains sucked out by either being educated here or by being nationalistic.

http://www.jri.co.jp...200003unemploy/

http://siteresources...itoronYouth.pdf

**Off topic rant removed**

Anyway, back to the topic ... feel free to doubt the tourist numbers, arrivals, revenue and percent of GDP of tourism.

Edited by metisdead

Does she say what those strategies will be?

Saying it is one thing but have a plan with strategies is another thing

Coming up with a new slogan every year just won't cut it

About as real as her recent declaration of having two provinces go green.

She just tours around and tells each province what they want to hear. Thai's seem to be happy with talk.

The truth is in five years tourism will be up quite a bit as by then the world financial crises should be over and more people will have the money to travel. That dosen't even require a word from her to happen it is just the way things work

• Like 2

The reason why we can't see it is that we don't tend to frequent the places they do, I was at a resort in Chiang Mai where the basic daily rate was 18000 baht, it was fully booked for weeks.

Don't be such a drama queen. Did you hear this from.............. 'My mate Dave said......' cheesy.gif

You're waffling on about the Mandarin....................and there are plenty of rooms available over the next few weeks..............check out their booking website.

Strangely enough.............even their premier villa is available for 15 days in July, for a mere 4,000,000 baht

The reason why we can't see it is that we don't tend to frequent the places they do, I was at a resort in Chiang Mai where the basic daily rate was 18000 baht, it was fully booked for weeks.

Don't be such a drama queen. Did you hear this from.............. 'My mate Dave said......' cheesy.gif

You're waffling on about the Mandarin....................and there are plenty of rooms available over the next few weeks..............check out their booking website.

Strangely enough.............even their premier villa is available for 15 days in July, for a mere 4,000,000 baht

4 million baht???.....wow that's cheap huh??? whistling.gif

Yes your right it was the Mandarin, now then. lets see, hmmm, would I be right in thinking that it's low season in Thailand just now???? blink.png

PM confident tourism income will reach Bt2 trillion within 5 years

so she expects it will well over double in that timeframe from the current 770 billion?

I highly doubt she is talking about International Tourism only. Tourism Revenue yearly already exceeds a trillion. Few people consider that Domestic tourism revenue is not far behind International tourist revenue .. typically around 70%.

Nisa is that according to Google ??coffee1.gif

Try a least a bit longer on that sort of money the way the world is right now with global recession also need to think if you are still in office by then too with the way things are right now ..

Edited by Notstupid30

Nisa, you should get out more as you are living in a dream world, go upcountry have a look about see the unemployed in the villages, you might be quoting the offical figures and we all know what they are, absolute B S coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The prime minister said she was confident that the government could achieve this goal.

That's like saying the use of tablets makes kids to better "World Class Standard" citizen. wai.gif

The prime minister said she was confident that the government could achieve this goal.

That's like saying the use of tablets makes kids to better "World Class Standard" citizen. wai.gif

LOL, only kids still do not have the tablets so the new status may need to wait for a few more yearslaugh.png that is if the full order will ever come

Speaking of tablets(i know its off topic) but are the planning to give new ones to the new kids? or is it only one off?

If one off, we may have 1 generation of smart kids and the rest will remain "dummies"?