New Airport To Train Station?

chris26be

After arriving in the new airport I will have to get to the train station (Which one?) to get the train to Ubon Ratchathani.

How long will it take to get from the airport to the train station? By taxi? By bus?

Thanks for your answers.

You need to get to Hua Lamphong Station. Either take a taxi or the train. You can take the Airport Rail Link to Makkasan Station, then get off there and switch to the subway (blue line) and take that to Hua Lamphong Station. The trains will be faster than a taxi in the day as traffic is heavy. You can get to the train station in under an hour from leaving the airport. Early morning or night when traffic is light a taxi would be as fast.

Here is a map of the mass transit system is you decide to use that

http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/02-route-current.aspx

You can save time taking the MRT to Bang Sue. All north/northeastbound trains pass that station and they leave Bang Sue up to 20 minutes after they leave Hua Lampong.

Agree that it is often better to catch the train at Bang Sue or even Don Meuang, given the proximity to the tollway exits. Eventually all long distance trains will originate/terminate at Bang Sue.

They're need to make Bang Sue a bit better then, won't they? What will happen to Hualumphong?

A whole new terminal is being built. All northern, NE and southern (though hopefully this will change) trains will depart from here. New HSR lines also. Work should have started but as usual contract is delayed. Lines are being regionalised around the city as in Europe, Makkasan for the eastern trains and future HSR to Rayong.

As for Hualumphong, it really depends if the decision is made to have southern lines go through Mahachai - rather than the current Nakhon Pathom, and build and new line to link with the southern line near Petchaburi. At the very least the Red line commutter (Rangsit to Mahachai) will pass thru.

003bsgs.jpg

rl001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Have you thought of flying to Ubon rather than going by train? It's only about an hour's flight and Nok Air/Air Asia are really cheap.

On my way to Ubon, by train from Hualumphong Station.

I was due to arrive in BKK at 6 pm, so too late for a plane to catch to Ubon. That's why I wanted to go by train. Did it before, many years ago.

Plane was delayed 45 minutes. Was afraid I would miss the 20.30 train to Ubon. Didn't have to worry after all since the train was about 45 minutes late ...