Building An Attractive Floral Fence Around My Land.

westbounder

My House and 2 rai of land are about 2 hours south of Chiang Mai in a nice Village and near many rice fields.

My land is fenced in with barbed wire and bamboo fencing alongside of the barbed wire.

Does anyone have any suggestions as what kind of flowers or vines would look pretty and will grow into or weave into the bamboo fencing.

I am thinking some kind of flower with a thorn would be nice.

Have a nice day...

Agree...bougainvillea is probably the easiest, requires little to no water during summer and in fact I believe the less water it gets, the more it flowers...not sure if true or not.

But it is quite common....I have the same idea but we have 7 rai to do....I am going to mix it up a tad with bamboo hedges....kept trimmed and they look great....place a flowering plant beneath it and use several climbing species in various areas.

There's a climbing plant called ชำมะนาด (cham-ma-nad), latin name Vallaris Glabra.

I grew three of them on a bamboo trellis in my last rental house as a sort of privacy screen. They grew at an incredible rate, and before long had consumed the whole bamboo lattice, before moving onto the upstairs window box. The flowers smell absolutely delightful. The only problem I had was it ended up becoming a bit of a den for snails.

post-44385-0-96156900-1340208469_thumb.j

post-44385-0-92354900-1340208505_thumb.j