What Happened To The 'Polyclinic'?

A friend of mine wanted a blood test done for diabetes and I suggested that he went to the 'Polyclinic' here in HH. We went along today and found out that it has now apparently closed (as of 17 May) . Has anybody got any idea as to why this has happened, as I have used it a few times and always found it to be very efficient and well priced? I appreciate that costs are rising for the rental of premises in HH, but I was given to understand that his was an offshoot of the Petchaburi Hospital which has a good reputation as far as I can gather from posters here on the forum.

I noticed that it closed a little over a month ago and was wondering what happened myself. It was my clinic of choice for local routine tests or minor illnesses. I guess with Bangkok Hospital opening the competition became to much, but I know many Thais also used the clinic who probably can't afford either of the private hospitals. Sad to lose the Polyclinic as I've used it many times over the past eight years.

A friend of mine wanted a blood test done for diabetes and I suggested that he went to the 'Polyclinic' here in HH.

Speaking of blood tests, I read elsewhere that there was a lab that will do whatever blood tests you want and give you the results without having to see a doctor. It is supposedly safe, reliable, and very inexpensive. It is on the Pala U road somewhere in the lower part within a few hundred meters after the turn at the end of the canal road by the driving range. If anyone has a more exact location or landmark to find it please let us know. I have blood tests done every year for cholesterol as well as other standard tests and I know from past tests and experience what the normal ranges are so it would be nice to be able to get the tests done and only pay to see a doctor if a test is out of range indicating that I need to see one.

Edited by hhfarang