Like To Leave Thailand

daftpunker

Yeah theoretically gaijins are entitled to claim pensions IF they have contribute for more than 25 years.

NOT "theoretically" but by law.

In reality most foreigners don't fit the requirements not only because they rarely stay 25 years

And that's EXACTLY why

". . . the Japanese government has made it possible for workers to
obtain refunds
for their pension insurance contributions when they leave Japan.

Lump-sum contribution withdrawal

After you have left Japan, you are eligible to claim your pension contributions as a lump sum. In order to do this, you need to make sure to pick up a claim form from the local social insurance office before leaving Japan. Return the completed form to the appropriate Japanese office after you have left the country and you will receive your refund in the mail."

--http://www.justlanded.com/Japan/Japan-Guide/Jobs/Japanese-pension-insurance

but also some indelicate companies who employ foreigners (language schools for example) don't actually pay health insurance or pensions for their employees, so the foreigners get nothing

OH, well, of course all bets are off if the stupid unqualifed foreigner consciously chooses to work in the underground economy off the books. And this would be true in ANY country, not just Japan. In that case, he/she wouldn't be contributing to the pension system anyway. And so why should he/she be getting any refund or pension for non-existent contributions? DUH.

You weren't talking about some small fraction of illegal employment. You said, "never." In fact, in the VAST MAJORITY of cases, the normal case, foreigners get a refund. (Sorry you had your head in the sand and failed to get yours IF you indeed legally worked in Japan; I got mine, no problem!). Or if they stay long enough (some do; I'm thinking of a friend of mine right now who's done so), contributing to the system, they WILL get a pension. Finally I should mention that some countries also have reciprocal agreements so that contributions to the Japanese pension system can be applied to the pension systems in their home countries.

Please stop contributing to misinformation (shocking coming from one SO concerned with accuracy and credible sources) and engaging in silly quibbles on the forum.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah theoretically gaijins are entitled to claim pensions IF they have contribute for more than 25 years.

NOT "theoretically" but by law.

In reality most foreigners don't fit the requirements not only because they rarely stay 25 years

And that's EXACTLY why

". . . the Japanese government has made it possible for workers to
obtain refunds
for their pension insurance contributions when they leave Japan.

Lump-sum contribution withdrawal

After you have left Japan, you are eligible to claim your pension contributions as a lump sum. In order to do this, you need to make sure to pick up a claim form from the local social insurance office before leaving Japan. Return the completed form to the appropriate Japanese office after you have left the country and you will receive your refund in the mail."

--http://www.justlanded.com/Japan/Japan-Guide/Jobs/Japanese-pension-insurance

but also some indelicate companies who employ foreigners (language schools for example) don't actually pay health insurance or pensions for their employees, so the foreigners get nothing

OH, well, of course all bets are off if the stupid unqualifed foreigner consciously chooses to work in the underground economy off the books. And this would be true in ANY country, not just Japan. In that case, he/she wouldn't be contributing to the pension system anyway. And so why should he/she be getting any refund or pension for non-existent contributions? DUH.

You weren't talking about some small fraction of illegal employment. You said, "never." In fact, in the VAST MAJORITY of cases, the normal case, foreigners get a refund. (Sorry you had your head in the sand and failed to get yours IF you indeed legally worked in Japan; I got mine, no problem!). Or if they stay long enough (some do; I'm thinking of a friend of mine right now who's done so), contributing to the system, they WILL get a pension. Finally I should mention that some countries also have reciprocal agreements so that contributions to the Japanese pension system can be applied to the pension systems in their home countries.

Please stop contributing to misinformation (shocking coming from one SO concerned with accuracy and credible sources) and engaging in silly quibbles on the forum.

Agree 100%. One of my brothers lives and works in Japan and you are spot on!

Right this is actually about an old post.

This as well as your previous post can be taken as proof of stalking.

I remember having told you Wikipedia was not reliable as source for laws, you obviously did not like it.

I did not realize you had been hurt so much.

You have hold your grudge and resentment for months and waited for the right moment to have revenge?

For an educated grown up man like you ?

This is very very sad.

As for the actual answer; I don't quibble because there is no right or wrong.

We all are here to help the OP to make an important decision.

This is about experiences and does not compare with using Wikipedia as a resource for dictating laws.

Our experiences as any forum posters are different.

This is what makes the richness and diversity of a forum.

And stop stalking me.

Edited by aneliane

Right this is actually about an old post.

This as well as your previous post can be taken as proof of stalking.

I remember having told you Wikipedia was not reliable as source for laws, you obviously did not like it.

I did not realize you had been hurt so much.

You have hold your grudge and resentment for months and waited for the right moment to have revenge?

For an educated grown up man like you ?

This is very very sad.

As for the actual answer; I don't quibble because there is no right or wrong.

We all are here to help the OP to make an important decision.

This is about experiences and does not compare with using Wikipedia as a resource for dictating laws.

Our experiences as any forum posters are different.

This is what makes the richness and diversity of a forum.

And stop stalking me.

I'm worried you might be getting paranoid....

Is there a van parked out side your house?

Just kidding! Of course, I know there is

SC

• Like 2

I hear the Japanese in general don't like Farang?

Thanks for the red card ive never bee sent off before.any chance of some better replies?

when i first come here i liked the cheapness of the place i thought all thai peoples smiles were real and i thought thai women were beautiful innocent girls ..Im not going home im going to live in japan.I spent a couple of weeks out there this year and loved it ok is not cheap but i find the people are better there.And the girls well thai women dont have a spot on jap girls.

Hahaha you think Thais have fake smiles...The Japanese have TWO faces the one they show you and the one they really are, Jap women can be beautiful for sure and i think the best looking in the world but theres a big difference from the hot ones to the ordinary ones.

Japs are conformists and conservative, there not free thinkers they tow the line. i have known a few japanese women and once out of japan are not keen to go home.

As you i too have become a little disillusioned with life here but it wont be any better in Japan in fact i rather be here than there, or you could go home to a culture you understand.

Jap women can be beautiful for sure and i think the best looking in the world but theres a big difference from the hot ones to the ordinary ones.

IMHO beautiful Japanese women are beautiful indeed, but they are FAR fewer proportionally to beautiful women in Thailand. In general, they are very feminine though - which is nice.

• Like 1

Thanks for the red card ive never bee sent off before.any chance of some better replies?

when i first come here i liked the cheapness of the place i thought all thai peoples smiles were real and i thought thai women were beautiful innocent girls ..Im not going home im going to live in japan.I spent a couple of weeks out there this year and loved it ok is not cheap but i find the people are better there.And the girls well thai women dont have a spot on jap girls.

So this se xpat once preyed on Thai women and now u have the courage to call Japanase women u r planning to exploit as 'Japs', what a racist bigot u r.. I dont like most people anywhere but I must say I've met many more THAI's who I like in Thailand than foreign expats..

Thailand has the power of compassion if u r in the right place in the food chain my friend... lol, I still laugh at the fools who pay the SEXPAT price at national parks when I get in for free.......lol

• Like 1

One thing i have noticed about the older foreign dudes many who are married here is that they seem very dull intellectually compared to people i have met in other countries.

Same with most younger folks as well, but may be because they are having fun on holiday and/or drunk.

Thais who speak English seem to only discuss simple everyday stuff like, did you eat, or petty gossip.

I have started to buy more books online and enjoy reading much more. I have noticed that books requiring critical thinking are quite costly here, like a specialty item complete with plastic shrink wrap to last for years to come.

The dulling of the brain is one thing i did not realize fully before moving here. Not much interesting conversation about politics, science, new ideas, business ventures to be found.

• Like 1

The world is a big place, and everywhere can be fun and exciting. Good luck in Japan, if it doesn't work out you can always try somewhere else :) or if it turns out that the grass isn't really greener on the other side, you can come back easily enough :)

Just remember to never invest too heavily in one place that you can't leave :)

Just go to Japan and see how you get on living there, you could always move back.

Before you go though, have a quick breeze through Burma, just check it out and put it in the back of your mind. You never know thumbsup.gif

I know...Burma,Christ all mighty ..what dump

Back to Europe for clean air, The beautiful green fields and hills , less pollution, fresh air, good food .

Lovely traffic jams,refreshingly good tax rates, rules and regulations and all the folks who look grumpy the moment they wake up

• Like 1

One thing i have noticed about the older foreign dudes many who are married here is that they seem very dull intellectually compared to people i have met in other countries.

Same with most younger folks as well, but may be because they are having fun on holiday and/or drunk.

Thais who speak English seem to only discuss simple everyday stuff like, did you eat, or petty gossip.

I have started to buy more books online and enjoy reading much more. I have noticed that books requiring critical thinking are quite costly here, like a specialty item complete with plastic shrink wrap to last for years to come.

The dulling of the brain is one thing i did not realize fully before moving here. Not much interesting conversation about politics, science, new ideas, business ventures to be found.

As an older married intellectually dull numb minded dude, sorry to read that you find us so.....

...of course it could be that the fault lies with the beholder's expectations from the boring old farts and those terribly appleseed Thais.........just maybe we are here because we like to avoid such heavy discussion and quite happy and content to discuss the weather,the price of fish and how to cut our toenails ?......... admire your critical typing though....

You should maybe check out the second hand book stores or get yourself an e reader if you perceive yourself as intellectually starved...there is probably an on line Mensa board you could join?coffee1.gif

As an older married intellectually dull numb minded dude, sorry to read that you find us so.....

...of course it could be that the fault lies with the beholder's expectations from the boring old farts and those terribly appleseed Thais.........just maybe we are here because we like to avoid such heavy discussion and quite happy and content to discuss the weather,the price of fish and how to cut our toenails ?......... admire your critical typing though....

You should maybe check out the second hand book stores or get yourself an e reader if you perceive yourself as intellectually starved...there is probably an on line Mensa board you could join?coffee1.gif

sounds like you need another beer.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that's quite true and fairly accurate, although many arrivees are at an advantage in that they weren't the sharpest when they arrived so they blend in straight away!.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the same freedom to do as we more or less want here, is the same freedom that makes the place such a clusterf*uck.

I have a love / hate relationship with Thailand. But I can do what I want here with little problems, more so than I could back home or somewhere else that is as developed, so this is where I stay for now.

Everyone always assumes its question of Thailand or Home where ever that may be. It's a huge world out there. I came here for various reasons which remain strong, but I must admit that I sometimes think that North Korea would be a better alternative to here. Or Sudan which is a realistic prospect. The whole country stinks in a manner that is quite unpalatable. A country where a person's word counts for nothing and a signed contract even less. A country who lookup to the HiSo mob; the people that steal from them hand over fist. The whole place is illogical yet there are some aspects which are really quite pleasant (and no, I am not talking about hookers).

Edited by Pseudolus

I'm getting tired of Thailand too. The exchange rate is so crappy my money doesn't go anywhere. Not only that, but Pattaya has become a dump full of Russians & curry munchers.

Thinking about moving to Philippines, .. I don't really know where I'll go I just want to get out of here. I want to get away from these tourists. I hate tourists. I hate loud bars blasting music. The show is wearing on me.

I'm a bitter and aged Thailand expat and I need something new in my life. Time for me to move on..

• Like 1

I have a love / hate relationship with Thailand. But I can do what I want here with little problems, more so than I could back home or somewhere else that is as developed, so this is where I stay for now.

Well the chances are that you are breaking some law. Thailand is no land of freedom.

I'm getting tired of Thailand too. The exchange rate is so crappy my money doesn't go anywhere. Not only that, but Pattaya has become a dump full of Russians & curry munchers.

Thinking about moving to Philippines, .. I don't really know where I'll go I just want to get out of here. I want to get away from these tourists. I hate tourists. I hate loud bars blasting music. The show is wearing on me.

I'm a bitter and aged Thailand expat and I need something new in my life. Time for me to move on..

I agree. How long have you been in Thailand out of curiosity?

Have you been to Laos? Was just there (Vientaine) was like a breath of fresh air. People are laid back/friendly, better vibe. But health care and other infrastructure sketchy. Keep thinking about going back.