Moving A Car From Chiangmai To Bangkok

Bowsie

I need to move a car from Chiangmai to Bangkok. The car is a little temperamental, so I don't want to chance driving it the long journey myself. Is there any company's in Thailand that would do this?

Thanks for the advice**.

The car has a problem with overheating, (It runs okay for about an hour then has to stop for 20 mins to cool down). It also has a problem with the starter -it needs a tap, every now and then to activate the battery. I have brought it several times to a mechanics to get both problems fixed, but to no avail, -as it always runs fine when I bring it to the mechanics (the jokes on me when I try to describe the problem through the language barrier). I will try again in Bangkok but the problem is getting it there. It would just be nightmare to try to drive this car the ten hour journey to Bangkok from CM. ...Unless 'CarWorldClub' would be willing to tow it 9 hours from outside CM to Bangkok ..with me in it. giggle.gif LOL.

I hoped somebody might know of a moving service that can do this?

Check with Chiang Mai new car dealers. The car carriers all go from BKK to CNX full, but return empty. When I was looking into getting a car shipped from cnx to bkk, I was told it was about 3K. I live in Phuket and a local dealer told me it would be about 3500 baht hkt-bkk due to car carriers all going back empty. Unfortunately I don't have the name of the company in Chiang Mai, but get the Mrs to phone around.

PM me if you need a transport co. I have brought a car too CM from BKK for 6500 baht about 2 years ago, but you should be able to send one there for about 8k now. That would be my guess. If that's not interesting I suggest you go to Nim See Seng in Far Harm area and ask them.