I'Ll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours.......

Here are some photos of my farm. I'm too far away from the meeting #5 to attend and I'm not always around but if anyone closer to Petchabun wants to visit or has a farm I can visit PM me.

post-137315-0-97869400-1341315008_thumb. The first photo is Putsa (jujubes)

post-137315-0-78807600-1341315189_thumb. The second is our small pond with a fish trap. You submerge one side of the net, feed the fish, then raise back up and empty it.

post-137315-0-34917800-1341315350_thumb.chillis, eggplant and corriander with teak trees in the background.

post-137315-0-76375100-1341317325_thumb. more chillis

post-137315-0-63682100-1341317515_thumb. Long eggplant....The bushy looking things are Manilla Tamarind that have been cut back. These are a legume and should help the soil as well as they bear alot of fruit.

post-137315-0-33624100-1341317705_thumb.post-137315-0-33624100-1341317705_thumb. Pond #3 and fishing position #1 and source of water for the garden above.

post-137315-0-87667300-1341317911_thumb. Mangoes with guava planted between the rows. When the mangoes get big enough we will thin the guava.

post-137315-0-93307300-1341318071_thumb. Pond number 2 taken from fishing position #2 and Position 3 is on the far bank by the bamboo.

post-137315-0-52141500-1341318230_thumb. Grow out pen for Tilapia.

House for BIL

This is taking forever.....more tomorrow

post-137315-0-33944000-1341318339_thumb.

• Like 2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 45 rai.

post-137315-0-10115400-1341324268_thumb.

This is the solar panel that provides light in the evening. On the left are Manilla tamarind that have not been cut back. There are teak trees in the back on the right.

post-137315-0-81859100-1341324487_thumb.

Pond #3 with fishing postion # 4 out of view on the left.

post-137315-0-77233600-1341324787_thumb.

Maprang with gourds planted between the rows.

post-137315-0-77784600-1341325060_thumb.

the last batch of Tabtim to go out.

post-137315-0-37598400-1341325201_thumb.

Jujubes or Putsa Apple a couple of weeks before harvest.

post-137315-0-33182500-1341325546_thumb.

Papaya

post-137315-0-75175400-1341326140_thumb.

At the house a few years ago....My daughter, neice, and our dog Moja.post-137315-0-35669900-1341326277_thumb.

post-137315-0-34986400-1341326354_thumb.

Not much of a watchdog, but she sure was good with the kids.

post-137315-0-54376500-1341324412_thumb.

• Like 1

Hi there Jotham79 ... great to see so many photos of where you call home.

You certainly have diversified the Farm.

I probably know the answer to this question ... but have you done a Business Plan?

Cost of input in vs. income from goods sold?

Is the last photo in the first post the Family Home?

I applaud that you seem to be living the dream.

This is my current favorite, planted with rice, sugar cane & cassava.

Late afternoons we come swim in the second pond, clear rain water & nature all around.

You need to zoom in; in order to appreciate the beauty.

Hope to see more people post!!!

post-14625-0-51009200-1341373130_thumb.j

It's really nice to see some pictures of real natural beauty. I don't have any big land and unfortunately have no nice photos too share with you. I feel quite envious as most of the locals around here seem to be intent on obscuring nature's wonders with their discarded wrappers and plastic cups.

They were spraying paraquet on the weeds in a sugar cane field nearby yesterday. Today I see that when the paraquet bottle was empty it was simply dropped on the ground. The sprayer had all the protective gear, so obviously understood the dangers, but simply too lazy to dispose of the empty container properly despite knowing that children play in the area. It makes me sad.

Please keep posting your wonderful pics, it's so nice to know that there are oasis' of beauty in this giant rubbish tip.

My plan was to lose as much money as I could and I have been very successful. A few years ago we figured things out and teh farm is showing a profit. In 1-2 years it will net enough for me to stay home. The farm is 19 Km away from my house which is just outside of Petchabun. The green house in the photo is where my brother-n-law lives. (on the farm). I have been involved in poultry andwill soon be again and hope to get into raising rabbits soon.

I am hoping the we will see some of the operations that some of the more seasoned posters have.

Jotham

• Like 2

It's really nice to see some pictures of real natural beauty.
Your idea of 'real natural beauty' must be a hell of a lot different to mine.

Looking for pretty pictures ?

You can find them here:http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/

Here the beauty is more subtle, like it's your land, you shaped it, improved it, grown stuff on it.

Edited by soidog2

It's really nice to see some pictures of real natural beauty.
Your idea of 'real natural beauty' must be a hell of a lot different to mine.

Looking for pretty pictures ?

You can find them here:http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/

Here the beauty is more subtle, like it's your land, you shaped it, improved it, grown stuff on it.

So thats not 'natural' then is it ??

Sam,

IT YOU ARE AS CLAIMED KEEN ON CONTINUOUSLY MAKING MISTAKES, TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. I find petty comments so boring, these people work hard to improve some very degraded farm land and have the right to feel proud of their efforts.

Well done guys, I think your farms are great.

• Like 1

Sam,

IT YOU ARE AS CLAIMED KEEN ON CONTINUOUSLY MAKING MISTAKES, TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. I find petty comments so boring, these people work hard to improve some very degraded farm land and have the right to feel proud of their efforts.

I don't really care what you find boring....but cleared farmland and regrowth of whatever type of vegetable or fruit tree...is not a 'Natural' landscape......tis fact....like it or lump it, but it is not natural.

Where did I criticise the OP for his farm...never did, never would....I have a farm also...but it is not 'real natural beauty'...far from it, it is a very nice place...but far from natural....

Perhaps you are the type of person that loves to see forests cleared for palm plantations or sugar cane fields....and pushing the planet further into degradation.....up to you.....but don't put words into my mouth about criticising ones farm or such.

Sam,

I don't really care what you find boring....but cleared farmland and regrowth of whatever type of vegetable or fruit tree...is not a 'Natural' landscape......tis fact....like it or lump it, but it is not natural.

Where did I criticise the OP for his farm...never did, never would....I have a farm also...but it is not 'real natural beauty'...far from it, it is a very nice place...but far from natural....

Perhaps you are the type of person that loves to see forests cleared for palm plantations or sugar cane fields....and pushing the planet further into degradation.....up to you.....but don't put words into my mouth about criticising ones farm or such.

Point proven, error prone. How about posting some views of your farm, with all its forests and natural farmland?

Sam,

Point proven, error prone. How about posting some views of your farm, with all its forests and natural farmland?

My farm is not natural...it is reclaimed undergrowth in the middle of other farmed areas.

But I do not claim it to be 'a natural beauty'.....but it is a beautiful man made farm....same as the OP's....but he is doing better than me as it is bigger....plus he is making an income from it.

You seem to have trouble making the difference between the 2 IA.

On the other end of the scale....behind our house where we live....there is Natural beauty....it is a national park which is 20m behind where I sit now and write this...it is not man made farm land....tigers used to lurk here....elephants still do on occasion...

IA...perhaps you should learn to identify the difference between a beautiful man made farm....and a natural resource.

Here is part of my farm IA...as posted in the other thread.....we grow grass well.

post-147906-0-56518800-1341406252_thumb.jpg

Must be boring in the middle of all that beauty; otherwise how will you have the time to write all this comments!

Edited by soidog2

Here is part of my farm IA...as posted in the other thread.....we grow grass well.

Sam you have a valuable resource there. There are many farmers near me that would pay good money to have their cattle graze such lush grass. Natural fodder farm great idea.

Thinking on further Sam, you could do something eco-tourism based with land like that. Help guys, how can sam turn a profit from his neglected weed patch?

I admit I am at a loss, my farm is as close as I can make a farm to be self sustaining naturally, no wastes, no chemicals, all that stuff, everything feeds everything used for something. Perhaps weeds for protein for the pigs?

Edited by IsaanAussie

Must be boring in the middle of all that beauty; otherwise how will you have the time to write all this comments!

We don't live there....thats the country residence.

There is no problem taking pics of weed, as it grows everywhere in the rainy season! biggrin.png

But Bergen do your weed patches also sprout Toyota Vigos? May only be one, but I never even imagined that anyone could grow a "NATURAL" Vigo. Surely the fodder option I suggested pales into insignificance against the offer Toyota would make on the IP rights to that! Zillions of baht, Sam you are a made man! Lucky bugger...

There is no problem taking pics of weed, as it grows everywhere in the rainy season! biggrin.png

But Bergen do your weed patches also sprout Toyota Vigos? May only be one, but I never even imagined that anyone could grow a "NATURAL" Vigo. Surely the fodder option I suggested pales into insignificance against the offer Toyota would make on the IP rights to that! Zillions of baht, Sam you are a made man! Lucky bugger...

Oops, didn't notice the Toyota in the weed. But that's natural for me, as my eyes are getting more "selective" with the years............. biggrin.png

All of the land I have was cleared decades ago and was used in the rainy season for rice and chillis. You couldn't get water to the rice paddies every year so the land wasn't very productive. The purpose of the farm has always been for profit, it just took us a while to figure things out. The purposes of the post were hopefully to see some of the farms of other posters and possibly network with folks in my area or within 5-7 hours drive. It's not organic and it's not permaculture. It's just a farm, but it's my farm and it's makes me (and the family) happy. If you're in the neighborhood and I'm around, you are welcome to visit.

• Like 1

All of the land I have was cleared decades ago and was used in the rainy season for rice and chillis. You couldn't get water to the rice paddies every year so the land wasn't very productive. The purpose of the farm has always been for profit, it just took us a while to figure things out. The purposes of the post were hopefully to see some of the farms of other posters and possibly network with folks in my area or within 5-7 hours drive. It's not organic and it's not permaculture. It's just a farm, but it's my farm and it's makes me (and the family) happy. If you're in the neighborhood and I'm around, you are welcome to visit.

thumbsup.gif