Uk General Visa For Thai Girlfriend

Update From Original Post

My girlfriend applied for her visa with all the documentation required using advice given previously in this thread and with some help from some PM,s (thanks to all) but unfortunately her visa was refused for 2 reasons

First reason is that UKBA did not think I had sufficient funds to cover the cost of my girlfriends travel and stay in the UK, this was an error on my part as I only sent statements for my current bank account, I can solve this because I can supply statements from my savings account which does have sufficient funds to cover all costs of her stay.

The second reason is not so easy and is where I could use some advice, because she supplied a letter from her employer stating that had worked in her job for 1 month (at time of application) the UKBA stated that they did not find it credible that she could get 8 weeks leave.

I am going to Thailand in September and we will try again for a visa, this time for her to visit for 4 weeks and not 8 weeks as we stated in the first visa application.

I would be grateful for any help or ideas towards providing evidence of "Reason to Return" as this seems to be the only problem we now have for the application.

To be honest, I'm not surprised.

How many employers, in the UK or Thailand, would give someone 8 weeks, or even 4 weeks, holiday when they have only been in the job for a month? Most employees in Thailand only get 2 to 3 weeks holiday per year.

Did they contact the employer for verification?

What does the refusal notice actually say?

NB, if posting the actual notice, delete any names and other information which could identify her or you. This is a public forum and can be read by anyone.

This is what the reply states

The Decicsion

You state that you have been employed as a waitress since July 2012 and that you earn 12000baht per month. I acknowledge that you have submitted a letter from your employment dated 30/07/2012, that confirms you commenced employment on 02/07/12. However I must note that this letter does not confirm taht you can have 8 weeks leave. I do not find it credible that a role you have had for 1 month wouldallow you 8 weeks leave. I must also note that you have notsubmitted any evidence of your bank statementor any evidence of your circumstances here in Thailand. This lack of evedence leads me to doubt that your circumstances are as described which leads me to questionyour reason for travelling to the UK and your intentions to leave. In light of this I am not satisfied on a balance of probabilitiesthat you are genuinelyseeking entry to the UK as a visitor or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit

The rest of the letter is to do with my finances and can be resolved when I take my savings a/c statement. My gf intends to take her bank statements next time and has another letter from her employer but this only state that she is employed as the will not give her holidays

Visit visa can be like lottery ticket sometimes . My best friend applied for a uk visit visa 2 months ago , at the time when she fill her application form online she was not engaged to her bf at the time , and after his visit he proposed to her and on his supporting letter he mentioned that her visit to the uk to meet his parent prior to their engagement which she did not mention on her application form , she only said her reason to visit the uk was to meet his parent . She has a good job with high wage for a big international company in Vietnam , she has traveled to Europe , australia before , plenty of money in her bank , a letter from her boss stating her position at her company , salary and permission for her holiday and her position will be kept open upon her return but sadly she got refused . So their reason to turn down her visa was because they not satisfied with her intentions in the UK althought they both said she will be meeting his parents :)) but my friend missed out the engagement part because she did not know she was gonna be engaged .

This is what the reply states

The Decicsion

You state that you have been employed as a waitress since July 2012 and that you earn 12000baht per month. I acknowledge that you have submitted a letter from your employment dated 30/07/2012, that confirms you commenced employment on 02/07/12. However I must note that this letter does not confirm taht you can have 8 weeks leave. I do not find it credible that a role you have had for 1 month wouldallow you 8 weeks leave. I must also note that you have notsubmitted any evidence of your bank statementor any evidence of your circumstances here in Thailand. This lack of evedence leads me to doubt that your circumstances are as described which leads me to questionyour reason for travelling to the UK and your intentions to leave. In light of this I am not satisfied on a balance of probabilitiesthat you are genuinelyseeking entry to the UK as a visitor or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit

The rest of the letter is to do with my finances and can be resolved when I take my savings a/c statement. My gf intends to take her bank statements next time and has another letter from her employer but this only state that she is employed as the will not give her holidays

The whole point of an employer's letter is to show the ECO that the applicant has a job to go back to. Your girlfriend wont because, as you say yourself, her employer wont give her the holiday!

However, all is not lost. If you have a strong relationship then the ECO may accept that you would not want to put any future UK applications in jeopardy by overstaying a visit at this time. See UK Visit Visa Basics.

But don't try and pull the wool over their eyes by pretending she has been given holiday from her job when in fact she hasn't. The ECOs aren't stupid.