One In Three Thai Youth Ready To Go ‘Under The Knife’: Survey

Lite Beer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My niece who is 26 has undergone some cosmetic surgery, nose and breats implants. She says the farang appearance is more beautiful than thai. She has just got a job with a large Australian Insurance company working in Australia (accountant) and she was afraid that Australians would think she was ugly, this is from a young lady who was hot anyway.

I have been in Thailand for 4 years

They all want to be white

You'r in Thailand for 4 years they all want to be white for...decades cheesy.gif

When I start to be slightly suntanned, proud of my light golden color my Thai wife tells me "you skin black"... with a reproachful look blink.png

They could start with skipping the Mc Dolnads and the KFC, and start exercice.

I may be wrong, but Thailand may one of the few countries in the world to subsidise the domestic sugar price.

In this day and age, as though cavities, obesity and diabetes are a right for the people to access.

Tis a shame the local kids are taking to "western" ways so much these days.

I'm not going to head off on a long rant about living in SEA for 42 years and

what I've seen change during that time.

However I will say this...My lady, who is Thai, has had her breasts

"augmented". This happened before we met and the first time I

saw em I was overjoyed. The first time I touched em I was even

more overjoyed! Her reason for getting em enlarged? From

some pre op photos she showed me a pool table has larger

boobs. There are no nasty scars to see...the doc did a great

job...cost her 80K Baht. Her mom was rather surprised...

Mind you...the kids shouldn't be allowed to go under the knife

at least until they're full fledged adults.

Just my sip satang...

I'm not sure about the breakfast thing - but food in general is becoming cakes, ice-cream, donuts.

Shopping malls now reflect the beauty shops, rhino-plast, slimming as well as cakes, donuts, icecream......

How many ice cream shops at any plaza? Dairy Queen, Cold Stone, Haagen Dazs, Swensens etc. etc.

300B minimum wage so they can get fatter, ugglier, lazier and pay loads of money trying to get back to where they were before whilst granny takes care of the kids.

Splendid

Bye bye developing countries

A warm welcome from your new guru in the Western World's

post-154100-0-67551800-1341993694_thumb.

• Like 1

Additionally, only 53 per cent of the teenagers learned about limits and risks of using condoms and 57 per cent of them regularly carried condoms, allowing for their possible use.

Risks of using condoms????? I thought the only risk was them breaking! Is this article serious or is it a typo? Its a wonder people get the wrong messages with info like this!

My ex told me her mum told her a woman died because she had sex when she was on her period. I had to type it in to google to show her it was safe, i think she still believed her mum.

I'm not sure about the breakfast thing - but food in general is becoming cakes, ice-cream, donuts.

Shopping malls now reflect the beauty shops, rhino-plast, slimming as well as cakes, donuts, icecream......

How many ice cream shops at any plaza? Dairy Queen, Cold Stone, Haagen Dazs, Swensens etc. etc.

300B minimum wage so they can get fatter, ugglier, lazier and pay loads of money trying to get back to where they were before whilst granny takes care of the kids.

Splendid

Is this Chairman Mao Mc Donald?

Splendid

Is this Chairman Mao Mc Donald?

In fact his Siamese cousin Pum Puye Ronald Mac Donald, engaged in the same fight,

transforming a society of happy, carefree people in ever dissatisfied consumers... for the benefit of all.

This is all a sad reflection on Thai society that is failing its children in so many ways.

Kids brought up by grandparents who love them but can't teach them anything

Schools, colleges, universities that provide the 3Rs if you're lucky

Non-existent sex education.

A truly unhealthy desire to make a pretty face into that of a model or turn a healthy body into a ribcage and paying handsomely for the pleasure

Splendid

Good post, thankswai.gif

They could start with skipping the Mc Dolnads and the KFC, and start exercice.

I may be wrong, but Thailand may one of the few countries in the world to subsidise the domestic sugar price.

In this day and age, as though cavities, obesity and diabetes are a right for the people to access.

Perhaps a few facts would shed light. Thailand does indeed heavily subsidize its sugar industry. The subsidies have the appearance of outright graft. But in this it is far from unique; it would be more accurate to say it follows the established global paradigm. Thailand's sugar subsidies might well be viewed as unnecessary were it not for the huge payouts in Europe and the US for domestic producers, which have been heavily criticized as distorting trade and punishing developing countries.

Farm policy is a fraught topic, but one which we all are affected by. Readers may be interested in perusing their own facts on the internet.

See excerpts and links below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the sprawling European subsidy program — which lavishes more than 50 billion euros ($75 billion at current exchange rates) a year in agricultural aid — no commodity is more susceptible to fraud, chicanery and rule-bending, experts say, than simple household sugar.

Across Europe there are some 2.5 million acres of beet fields that will produce 16.7 million metric tons of sugar this year for an industry worth 7 billion euros. Last year the European Union spent 475 million euros in price supports for sugar, including export subsidies. Then it spent another 1.3 billion euros on restructuring aid to reform a subsidy regime so that lavish it even prompted cold-weather Finland to start producing more sugar.

Sugar producers across the Continent cashed in — from Italy, where Italia Zuccheri collected more than 139 million euros, to France, where a handful of sugar producers received 128.5 million.

With this much money at stake, critics and some analysts say, the sugar subsidy system is like a cookie jar waiting to be pilfered. Europe’s antifraud division, called OLAF, reported that from 2005 to 2008, 67 million euros worth of sugar subsidies were tainted by irregularities and fraud.

http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

John Fellowes, the fourth Lord de Ramsey, receives more than £500,000 a year in CAP subsidies for various crops grown on his three farms in Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.

In addition, a minimum pricing system run by the CAP guarantees that sugar made from his beet is bought for at least three times more than world prices.

Thousands of miles away, Inacio Albano, 25, cuts sugar cane until his hands bleed at a mill in Marremeo, north-east Mozambique but is just thankful to have a job in a country where more than two-thirds of the population live on less than £1 a day.

Mozambique is heavily dependent on its sugar industry, but loses more than £20m a year - equivalent to its entire national budget for agriculture and rural development - because of the trade distortions caused by the EU sugar scheme.

http://www.bnvillage...rica-74727.html

In fact, about 80 percent of the sugar produced in the world is consumed in the country where it's produced and never traded on this unpredictable market.

Sure enough, world prices came crashing back down this year just like they inevitably do after quick run-ups. And that kind of volatility, Roney says, is why he’d never sink his retirement nest egg in the world sugar market.

Over the past few decades, prices have fluctuated from 3 cents per pound to 70 cents per pound. Prices usually hover below worldwide production costs; so if you’re going to ride that market, buckle up.

And you might want to read up on global sugar subsidies, recommends Roney. “There are 120 countries that produce sugar, and there are 120 governments that subsidize domestic sugar producers, or consumers, or both.”

Unfortunately, these policies can change as quickly as the prices, and locating up-to-date, accurate information can be a challenge. That’s because most developing countries favor less transparent subsidies such as government-backed no-interest loans, price fixing, or government-run marketing bodies.

Roney used Thailand, the world’s second biggest sugar exporter, to help drive home this point.

The Thai sugar industry is highly regulated and government controlled through the Thai Office of the Cane and Sugar Board.

The country’s sugar policy regulates domestic and export marketing, domestic sugar prices, and the distribution of revenue between sugarcane growers and millers.

Throughout the years, no-interest loans that largely went unpaid; subsidies to help growers offset input costs; favorable financing for exporters; and restrictive licensing schemes to block foreign competition have supplemented the program.

The industry has been so propped up by government aid that in May, the government announced its intention to allow the industry to expand production by 20 percent and increase exports. This announcement of the construction of 12 new mills sent U.S. officials scrambling for answers.

http://www.sugaralli...-subsidies.html

But reforming the U.S. sugar restrictions requires reworking a program that has remained virtually unchanged for decades.

Even in the first draft of the 2012 farm bill, there were no revisions made to the program, something that National Confectioners Association Spokeswoman Susan Smith says is evidence of how close the sugar growers are with legislators on the Hill.

"There are a lot of people who are not supporting sugar reform, especially members of Congress," Smith says.

In 2012, the sugar growing and production lobbies have poured more than $2.1 million into influencing legislators, according to Open Secrets. American Crystal Sugar, a leading lobbying group, has spent $951,300 alone over the last year.

http://www.usnews.co...sugar-subsidies

Edited by DeepInTheForest

While walking down the sidewalk in town, I saw a somewhat attractive young woman whose face was so bleached white, I didn't know whether to grab her from behind and give her a heimlich maneuver (or is it hiney lick?), or pull her to the ground to give her mouth to mouth resuscitation.