Translator Required,Near Mukdahan, English To Thai

ttl

The next step to satify local Amphur,for the YELLOW BOOK

I am in Mukdahan area and need to have my Passport and Marriage Certificate officially

translated to english

Please supply details of such a person and contact address and phone numbers

Be much appreciated email removed

Edited by Crossy
email removed per forum rules, please PM

What do you mean by "officially translated"? The easiest thing to do would be to find an English speaking Thai in your area to do this for you. or do a Google search for the same in your area.

I have never heard of someone having to have their passport translated to Thai. Did you understand the Amphur correctly?

I'm also looking for an official document translation service either locally in Mukdahan (or nearby) or by fax service. I need my sons birth certificate translated.

I have looked online and seen couple of translation services based in BKK but maybe somone out there could recommend a good service...

What do you mean by "officially translated"? The easiest thing to do would be to find an English speaking Thai in your area to do this for you. or do a Google search for the same in your area.

I have never heard of someone having to have their passport translated to Thai. Did you understand the Amphur correctly?

I think you will find that officially translated means that the translation from english to thai has to be verified by official source. In BKK this is usually done at the Dept or Ministry of Foreign Affairs building. Most translation service providers in BKK will arrange all the official verification for you at a cost. Its been a few years since I needed to have this done but I made sure that I kept copies of all the verified translations.

In Ubon Ratchathani there are several official translation places that will translate from Thai to English and English to Thai. They stamp the translation with their official seal verifying the translation. Their translations are accepted by all government departments in Thailand and also overseas when I have sent documents.

These places are located at ECC Ubon (across from Ubon Plaza), Faculty of Liberal Arts, Ubon Ratchathani University, and at Rajaphat University in the city. There are also other small places in Ubon like Phothong Tutorial school.

However, Ubon may be too far away for you to come.

In Mukdahan I would try the local technical college which may have a Dept of English or try Ubon Ratchathani University branch in the center of Mukdahan. Their translation services may be enough to satisfy the local district office.

• Like 1

For a yellow book you need a letter from Immigration to present at Tessaban confirming your visa etc, this verify's your passport and the blue book that shows that you reside there. What has the marriage certificate got to do with it, it doesn't matter if you are married or not it's about the house being yours or that you live in this house. The yellow book can show you as the Owner of the House ( not the land ) or that you Reside in this house, thats it, but it is Immigration that confirms your status. Hope this is of help.

In Ubon Ratchathani there are several official translation places that will translate from Thai to English and English to Thai. They stamp the translation with their official seal verifying the translation. Their translations are accepted by all government departments in Thailand and also overseas when I have sent documents.

This cannot be true. All authenticated translated documents have to be stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. Government departments will not accept a translation without the MoFA stamp. Edited by sinbin

This cannot be true. All authenticated translated documents have to be stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. Government departments will not accept a translation without the MoFA stamp.

Well excuse me it is true. And I know, because I have used these services for many years to get many documents translated. These documents have been accepted by Immigration Police in Bangkok (Soi Suan Plu) when first obtaining my Permanent residency and then Thai citizenship. They were accepted by the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Thailand. These places have been given authority to stamp and authenticate translations that they do. If you don't believe then go and ask. In the 30 years or more I have lived here, never have I been asked to have a translation with a MOFA stamp. Tessaban in Ubon accepts these, Immigration accepts these, Ministry of Internal Affairs in Bangkok accepts these translations from the above places I mentioned in Ubon.

hii, i live in sakon.

all i needed for my yellow book was a bottle of whisky to our poo yai.

and a guarentor, ie my wife's ex teacher from university.

they went to the amphur office, and 6h later i got my yellow book

ohh and 500 baht.

it was so easy really. but that was 5 year ago, i do hear they are making it more difficult.

if u want to know more , pm me, eric.

Well excuse me it is true. And I know, because I have used these services for many years to get many documents translated. These documents have been accepted by Immigration Police in Bangkok (Soi Suan Plu) when first obtaining my Permanent residency and then Thai citizenship. They were accepted by the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Thailand. These places have been given authority to stamp and authenticate translations that they do. If you don't believe then go and ask. In the 30 years or more I have lived here, never have I been asked to have a translation with a MOFA stamp. Tessaban in Ubon accepts these, Immigration accepts these, Ministry of Internal Affairs in Bangkok accepts these translations from the above places I mentioned in Ubon.

The translator has to forward the translated document to the MoFA for them to confirm the translation is correct, and then stamp it with their stamp. This is when it becomes an authentic authorised copy and a legal document . Here is an example :

1. Affirm/swear an affidavit of freedom to marry (1 morning)

2. Have the affidavit translated into Thai (1 – 2 working days)

• The notarized English affidavit must be translated into Thai by a certified translator.

3. Have all documents certified/authenticated (1 – 2 working days)

• Take the notarized affidavit and Thai translation to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to have the translation certified and the signature of the Canadian official authenticated.

And another example.

If your fiancé(e) is not a citizen of the U.S. or Thailand, you might have to get a similar affidavit or other document from his or her Embassy. Check with that Embassy.

2. Have It Translated. Get a certified translation of the executed affidavit. You can find lists of translators on our Professional Services page.

3. Have It Legalized.Take the affidavit and translation to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs Legalization Division to have them “legalized.” They have offices in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. This process might take several days, and there will be a fee.

As I said, it doesn't become a legal document until it has the MoFA's stamp on it.

Edited by sinbin

The translator has to forward the translated document to the MoFA for them to confirm the translation is correct, and then stamp it with their stamp. This is when it becomes an authentic authorised copy and a legal document . Here is an example :

• The notarized English affidavit must be translated into Thai by a certified translator.

• Take the notarized affidavit and Thai translation to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to have the translation certified and the signature of the Canadian official authenticated.

And another example.

If your fiancé(e) is not a citizen of the U.S. or Thailand, you might have to get a similar affidavit or other document from his or her Embassy. Check with that Embassy.

2. Have It Translated. Get a certified translation of the executed affidavit. You can find lists of translators on our Professional Services page.

3. Have It Legalized.Take the affidavit and translation to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs Legalization Division to have them “legalized.” They have offices in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. This process might take several days, and there will be a fee.

As I said, it doesn't become a legal document until it has the MoFA's stamp on it.

Sinbin you are being extremely pedantic. It well may be a legal document with the MoFA stamp, but the original inquiry was for an official translation not a legal document to satisfy the local authorities in Mukdahan. In all my years and years of living in Thailand, never, not once, have I heard of anyone getting documents stamped by the MoFA. The other day in Ubon, an Australian died. his wife got the death certificate translated at ECC from Thai to English. This was good enough for the Australian Embassy and the British Embassy (pension from England). No one that I know ever gets documents translated in Bangkok and ALL local authorities and overseas authorities accept without question the certified stamped translations provided for in Ubon.

However, going back to the original request to get a passport translated to get a yellow book. This may not be necessary as DJH77 has pointed out. Just a letter from immigration should be enough. but rules change and people at desks change and the passport may very well have to be translated. I know when I first got my first permanent house registration when I got got PR. nothing in English was accepted at the Ubon Tessaban. All documents were translated in Ubon.

And another example.

Sinbin, what you are quoting is about getting married. No one is getting married here. The rules for getting documents for marriage are entirely different to those for getting documents translated for other purposes.

My Yellow book was done at Mukdahan Tessaban 2 years ago. The officer there sent me to immigration to obtain a letter which verified my passport number and visa etc. I took this back to Tessaban and the book was done. The only slight problem was at immigration as the Blue book shows my residence as a Building, Not a House. We explained to the immigration officer that a building can be a house but they would have none of that so the letter refered to a building. Fortunately the very nice lady in charge of this at Tessaban was amused that immigration didn't understand that the word Building covers many things including a house and the yellow book was done. It's the same old story, every office has their own interpretation of what is required to do anything in Thailand, you just have to go along with them and sort out what you can to achieve your objective always staying polite and agreeable, once you spit the dummy your've had it and get nowhere fast from then on. Good Luck.

Sinbin you are being extremely pedantic. It well may be a legal document with the MoFA stamp, but the original inquiry was for an official translation not a legal document to satisfy the local authorities in Mukdahan.

The original enquiry was" to satisfy local Amphur,for the YELLOW BOOK" and all I pointed out, basically, was that once the documents have been translated they have to have the stamp from the MoFA to obtain a Yellow Book. Nobody is interested what you did and didn't do in 30+ years. The guy wants the Yellow Book, and that is the correct procedure to obtain one. Whether someone in the past didn't follow that procedure is incidental. There's loads of threads on this forum that clearly indicate that what I'm saying is correct. Go do some reading. 10 to 1, David Peters I bet you ain't even got the Yellow Book. So how can you advise ?

Here is another example of the procedure

#4900850Yellow Tabien Bahn

photo-thumb-19515.jpg?_r=0 Posted by GarryP on 2011-12-09 14:56:56 in Real Estate, housing, house and land ownership

Prakanong District Office.

Property: Town House

Documents presented:

1. Passport and a copy of passport certified by the British Embassy and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;

2. Declaration of parents names, places of birth and citizenship certified by the the British Embassy and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;

3. Work Permit and a copy thereof;

4. Blue House Registration Book;

5. Son's ID card and son in person;

6. Wife's ID card and wife in person;

7. Two Passport photos of myself;

8. Marriage Certificate and copy;

9. Son's Birth Certificate and Copy;

10. Thai driver's license and copy;

11. Two witness statement forms (Thai language), one for my wife and one for my son, confirming they know me and that I live with them. The forms are provided by the Registrar;

12. Personal declaration (Thai language), which is a question and answer style form. The form is provided by the Registrar.

Edited by sinbin

Sinbin you are being extremely pedantic. It well may be a legal document with the MoFA stamp, but the original inquiry was for an official translation not a legal document to satisfy the local authorities in Mukdahan.

The original enquiry was" to satisfy local Amphur,for the YELLOW BOOK" and all I pointed out, basically, was that once the documents have been translated they have to have the stamp from the MoFA to obtain a Yellow Book. Nobody is interested what you did and didn't do in 30+ years. The guy wants the Yellow Book, and that is the correct procedure to obtain one. Whether someone in the past didn't follow that procedure is incidental. There's loads of threads on this forum that clearly indicate that what I'm saying is correct. Go do some reading. 10 to 1, David Peters I bet you ain't even got the Yellow Book. So how can you advise ?

Here is another example of the procedure

#4900850Yellow Tabien Bahn

photo-thumb-19515.jpg?_r=0 Posted by GarryP on 2011-12-09 14:56:56 in Real Estate, housing, house and land ownership

Prakanong District Office.

Property: Town House

Documents presented:

1. Passport and a copy of passport certified by the British Embassy and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;

2. Declaration of parents names, places of birth and citizenship certified by the the British Embassy and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;

3. Work Permit and a copy thereof;

4. Blue House Registration Book;

5. Son's ID card and son in person;

6. Wife's ID card and wife in person;

7. Two Passport photos of myself;

8. Marriage Certificate and copy;

9. Son's Birth Certificate and Copy;

10. Thai driver's license and copy;

11. Two witness statement forms (Thai language), one for my wife and one for my son, confirming they know me and that I live with them. The forms are provided by the Registrar;

12. Personal declaration (Thai language), which is a question and answer style form. The form is provided by the Registrar.

Yes Sinbin you are correct. I don't have a yellow book. Never had one. They came in long after my time. I have the normal blue book house registration that all Thais have. I am in the same book as my wife and family.

But no one that I know of living in Ubon and nearby provinces has ever gone and got their passport etc translated and then stamped by the MoFA to get a yellow book. The only cases i know of this being done is when one is getting married to a Thai citizen. But the translations in Ubon can not be done by say a PhD in English Teacher if that person has not been officially certified to do translations.

I think the majority of foreigners getting a yellow book in Ubon and outlining districts follow ericnoodeeka from Sakhon Nakon above. Just a bottle of whiskey.

1. Thanks everyone, as it has been said ,applying for a YELLOW relates so much to the authorised Amphur person ON THE DAY
  2. A local resident,found a Translator in Muk,however there were several errors(mainly spelling) and no certification was attached.They did remember to charge however.Both points picked up in a flash by the officer who quickly reverted to reading the morning paper as we departed
  3. both documents are on the way to Bangers now for a proper job.
  4. Re passport translation,it should have looked pretty genuine with over 20.business trips to Thaland in the last 5 years
  5. Will keep the info updated.