Nitrous Oxide (N20) Where To Buy ?

Pdaz

Anyone know of a source to buy Nitrous ? Looking to either decant to my own cylinder or rent a large full cylinder to be filled /exchanged as I use it. Seen medical grade N20 but automotive giggle gas is usually cheaper. I've seen a few websites/blogs from BKK advertising nitrous gear ( mostly American import ) but have yet to see a gas supplier.

Guessing it isn't ilegal to buy in LOS ?

Cheers..

Why not enquire with the sellers of the nitrous kits here? I'm sure they will know a supplier, or they can refill them if you buy their kit. I've seen those purple ZEX kits for sale here both wet and dry shots.

Why not enquire with the sellers of the nitrous kits here? I'm sure they will know a supplier, or they can refill them if you buy their kit. I've seen those purple ZEX kits for sale here both wet and dry shots.

I would. But I'm at work offshore North of Japan at the moment. Getting resposes by email/phone from Thai businesses is hard enough when in BKK. So was hoping someone had a reccomendation. I too have see kits for sale an surmised gas was available. But then again TiT and just cos they sell the gear doesn't mean it's legal or available.I've used N20 in the past and would rather use a UK system as they are more advanced the the US ones.Thanks anyhow for your reply.

Well the site I posted is in Thailand so you would think they would sell the noz.

I gotta ask whats better about a uk nitrous system over a us one being the parts are all made by the same companies ? Anyway whats the point of having one in thailand ?

The UK systems offer better control over the N20 injection and use a pulsoid (solenoid) that is a more advanced. The point of having one in Thailand is that I have a naturally aspirated ( carburetted ) car that has been modified close to it's limit in terms of available HP for the road. The only way to increase it's performance further ( while remaining tractable for the road ) is N20. I could replace the motor with a fuel injected and turbo'd one but that would change the whole character of the car. I may as well buy a modern car :( Which isn't my preference. So as 'blow thru' turbos are a lot of work and a supercharger is too big and expensive. N20 is the 'perfect' solution.If you aren't 'car crazy' it probably all sounds a bit pointless.. But the nasty plastic boxes with auto gears available here just don't interest me much.For further info see '' the wizards of NOS dot com ''

I gotta ask whats better about a uk nitrous system over a us one being the parts are all made by the same companies ? Anyway whats the point of having one in thailand ?

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out once I'm home. The net nanny software here at work won't let me open it at the mo.

USA stuff is No.1. There are many companies there providing kits that work/operate differently, manly regarding spray. For your application any kit will do the job.

I built my own 250hp system, which you might see in my avatar.

As for gas, suppliers of welding gases should provide N2O as it is used in industry. You will need the transfer apparatus to refill your bottle. You probably know the the mother bottle is used upside down to transfer.

Nos is pretty useless on the street as a bottle only last a few seconds. Think l had a 15 pound (gas weight) bottle that lasted around 40/50 seconds.sad.png

post-41816-0-52717800-1342240390_thumb.j

PS. Just remembered member philipm runs a speed shop where NOS is used l believe. Might be worth a try. smile.png

Edited by transam

USA stuff is No.1. There are many companies there providing kits that work/operate differently, manly regarding spray. For your application any kit will do the job.

As for gas, suppliers of welding gases should provide N2O as it is used in industry. You will need the transfer apparatus to refill your bottle. You probably know the the mother bottle is used upside down to transfer.

Nos is pretty useless on the street as a bottle only last a few seconds. Think l had a 15 pound (gas weight) bottle that lasted around 40/50 seconds.sad.png

PS. Just remembered member philipm runs a speed shop where NOS is used l believe. Might be worth a try. smile.png

Yep I was hoping to purchase the gas in a large cylinder then just decant thru a charging whip into my smaller cylinder as needed. This is much more convienient and cheaper than going to a speedshop for a 15lb fill. My car is only a 2.1 four cylinder so consumption is less that a 250hp shot disapearing into a big V8. In reality it's just a 'chemical turbocharger' Original turbo installations only produced power thru a narrow(ism) powerband and even todays more linear turbos ( and multistage turbos ) arn't on boost all the time. They just come into play for mid-range acceleration or or for full bore overtaking ( maybe the odd traffic light GP too )Likewise ths gas isn't going to be used all the time. I'm mainly keen on it as my engine can still be entertaining when off boost ( unlike earlier turbos )Yes many kits on the market, various features and applications. Mine is as you say a simple setup. I just prefer to use what I have had sucess with previously. Plus many US companies aren't set up for international orders.Cheers

We buy all of our welding/cutting gasses from linde and they list nitrous on their website, not sure if medical or industrial though but link is to industrial.

http://www.gas.linde...l_products.html

If you need to buy any gear from the states Summit Racing will deliver to Thailand.

http://www.summitracing.com/

They sell NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems) and NX (Nitrous Express).

http://www.summitrac...de/?Ns=Rank|Asc

Edited by Spoonman

Yep I was hoping to purchase the gas in a large cylinder then just decant thru a charging whip into my smaller cylinder as needed. This is much more convienient and cheaper than going to a speedshop for a 15lb fill. My car is only a 2.1 four cylinder so consumption is less that a 250hp shot disapearing into a big V8. In reality it's just a 'chemical turbocharger' Original turbo installations only produced power thru a narrow(ism) powerband and even todays more linear turbos ( and multistage turbos ) arn't on boost all the time. They just come into play for mid-range acceleration or or for full bore overtaking ( maybe the odd traffic light GP too )Likewise ths gas isn't going to be used all the time. I'm mainly keen on it as my engine can still be entertaining when off boost ( unlike earlier turbos )Yes many kits on the market, various features and applications. Mine is as you say a simple setup. I just prefer to use what I have had sucess with previously. Plus many US companies aren't set up for international orders.Cheers

We buy all of our welding/cutting gasses from linde and they list nitrous on their website, not sure if medical or industrial though but link is to industrial.

If you need to buy any gear from the states Summit Racing will deliver to Thailand.

Cheers JThe Linde link is cool - just what I needed. I'm gonna hand carry the gear in from UK as no duty and freight charges :)

Cheers JThe Linde link is cool - just what I needed. I'm gonna hand carry the gear in from UK as no duty and freight charges smile.png

No worries mate, your gunna have to take me for a blat in the little beastie once she's on the road.