Military Denied Shots Fired At Passenger Plane: PM Yingluck

webfact

A Thaksin family member lying?

That almost never happens....rolleyes.gif

But it's ok this time Mr. B, he's the Foreign Minister and needs to lie most of the time. It's an accepted prerequisite for "Diplomats".

Gee so you are NOT thinking that this incident was made up just to embarass Yingluck? and a family member? Come on, we have just had the FARCE of the NASA conspiracy, but you guys bite again.

Fish On!

I don't like Thaksin myself but the other sides games are pretty transparent and juvinile. And yep they seem to spend most of their time coming up with games to play. Imagine if they actually came up with something about governing the country.??! Naw they won't do that biggrin.png

what games? If any, the Cambodian army were playing Star Wars with a commercial passenger jet and the PTP coupled with Hun Sen are trying to whitewash it - very dangerous!

But most sources are saying that everyone is denying it, including Bangkok Airways, the only person who seems to be pushing this crazy idea is the crazy man who started it all. Completely full of sh*t! and now see how Abhisit and his silly little schoolboy friends are demanding that an inquiry take place when everyone is already saying it didn't happen, just trying to stir up silly nationalism to stop the PTP getting on with their jobs. I thought I had more respect for Abhisit before now but every day he just makes himself look more like a fool, they think that they can make up some cr*p and everyone will believe it, oxford educated but the common sense of a twit.

No. The "sources" are far from impartial and are basically saying "no dead bodies, no evidence"

Except for the holes in the fuselage?

I hope Yingluck is telling the truth, and I hope the incident never actually happened.I would like to think that any military would fire on a civilian passenger plane or any plane without determining who exactly it is.

How long have you lived in your dreamworld?

Thailand, Cambodia investigate allegations that Cambodian troops fired on Bangkok Airways jet

http://www.washingto...13gW_story.html

A anonymous source, Bangkok Airways says it has no report of such incident ...

It wouldn't be the first time that the local press has been manipulated by a a group lead by a person who has been convicted for fraud and defamation

Deputy RTA spokesman Colonel Sirichan Ngathong and Commander Seng Phearin (Cambodian Army) qualify as anonymous sources? And the BA pilots a few miles up in the clouds noticed nothing, so obviously it never happened.

It was the night before the judgement. It was basically an excuse fire the army to move around, and also a nice way of then putting their voice into the news as a little reminder.

Must be really scary at 36,000ft hearing and seeing an AK-47 shred load of bullets coming up in the distant background, as you have flown past faster than they can get to altitude, that being that they don't even have accurate capacity beyond 800ft, or there abouts.

It would take a magician to plot the wind speed, angle of fire, exact timing and aircraft speed at 36,000 ft to hit a passenger airplane.

However, the article doesn't mention what was fired.

My guess is that it was some yaba induced farmer, who got some land taken off his family by the Thais in the 15th century, who shot his home made monkey dart thinking Her Harmonica Mouth Majestic Unluck was aboard the plane, poor sod.

Hope he had a great night seeing himself on his little wound up portable TV making the news though! wink.png

-mel.

if the plane was circling to land then it probably was not at 36 thousand feet. And if it was anti aircraft guns firing then it could have been bad. Of course all ifs.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

If you read the intial report it could not land at Siem reap due to bad weather. It then had to circle to wait Most holding paterns are not near the destination. It was not coming into land.

Edited by ripstanley

I hope Yingluck is telling the truth, and I hope the incident never actually happened.I would like to think that any military would fire on a civilian passenger plane or any plane without determining who exactly it is.

Not the first or last time this has happened.

Ask the Koreans.

Thailand, Cambodia investigate allegations that Cambodian troops fired on Bangkok Airways jet

http://www.washingto...13gW_story.html

A anonymous source, Bangkok Airways says it has no report of such incident ...

It wouldn't be the first time that the local press has been manipulated by a a group lead by a person who has been convicted for fraud and defamation

Deputy RTA spokesman Colonel Sirichan Ngathong and Commander Seng Phearin (Cambodian Army) qualify as anonymous sources? And the BA pilots a few miles up in the clouds noticed nothing, so obviously it never happened.

It was the night before the judgement. It was basically an excuse fire the army to move around, and also a nice way of then putting their voice into the news as a little reminder.

The Cambodians are admitting they have an idiot in the ranks. Obviously he's not the only one around.

• Like 1

I thought Taksin was king of Cambodia???

No he is not the King of Cambodia, but he will be there at another meeting when Hilary Clinton is attending a conference there next week.

And Yingluck did not make the original statement that she denies the shots were fired at the Thai airlines. She was repeating what the Military told her earlier which she is entitled to repeat to the People as the Prime Minister of Thailand.

She was repeating what the Military told her earlier which she is entitled to repeat to the People as the Prime Minister of Thailand.

All this PM does is repeat what suits her.

Or her brother, or a rampant mob, or a dictator of a not far flung country, or some sycophantic diatribe intended to pour oil on waters that have been stirred up by those purporting to support the cause.

When I was a kid, I thought that Basil Brush was real, comparing the two of them now, Basil Brush has more credibility, at least he managed to give the impression that he had a mind of his own.

She was repeating what the Military told her earlier which she is entitled to repeat to the People as the Prime Minister of Thailand.

All this PM does is repeat what suits her.

Or her brother, or a rampant mob, or a dictator of a not far flung country, or some sycophantic diatribe intended to pour oil on waters that have been stirred up by those purporting to support the cause.

When I was a kid, I thought that Basil Brush was real, comparing the two of them now, Basil Brush has more credibility, at least he managed to give the impression that he had a mind of his own.

With Basil, the joke was intentional. What's the difference between Basil and a suicide bomber? Basil finishes with "boom! boom!"

Meanwhile, Army commander General Prayuth Chan-ocha said bilateral coordination was underway to find out what really happened. "There could have been shooting, or maybe there wasn't. We need to find that out," he added.

Sorry, how is General Prayuth a member of the Thaksin family? You know him or the Thaksins? Have you read any reports in the Cambodian press about the shooting? The whole thing is nothing more than a rumour at the moment.

Meanwhile, Army commander General Prayuth Chan-ocha said bilateral coordination was underway to find out what really happened. "There could have been shooting, or maybe there wasn't. We need to find that out," he added.

Sorry, how is General Prayuth a member of the Thaksin family? You know him or the Thaksins? Have you read any reports in the Cambodian press about the shooting? The whole thing is nothing more than a rumour at the moment.

Which part of the General's statement do you consider to be a lie?

Cambodian press said this:

Royal Cambodian Armed Forces officials said two Thai military planes had crossed illegally into Cambodian air space over Banteay Meanchey last night, drawing what they termed warning shots from anti-aircraft installations.

So Chan Heng, commander of RCAF’s Division 51, said the two patrolling planes flew from O’Lahong village in Malai district to the international checkpoint in Poipet.

“Thai planes violated our air space with the intention of spying, but we did not shoot the planes down. We had just shot as a warning in order to show that the planes must fly properly inside Thai air space,” Heng said.

The incident came a day before Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is due to address a high-level business conference in Siem Reap.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/index.php/2012071357395/National-news/border-incident-accounts-clash.html

Cambodian press said this:

Royal Cambodian Armed Forces officials said two Thai military planes had crossed illegally into Cambodian air space over Banteay Meanchey last night, drawing what they termed warning shots from anti-aircraft installations.

So Chan Heng, commander of RCAF’s Division 51, said the two patrolling planes flew from O’Lahong village in Malai district to the international checkpoint in Poipet.

“Thai planes violated our air space with the intention of spying, but we did not shoot the planes down. We had just shot as a warning in order to show that the planes must fly properly inside Thai air space,” Heng said.

The incident came a day before Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is due to address a high-level business conference in Siem Reap.

http://www.phnompenh...unts-clash.html

Perhaps Yingluck could ask her brother to have a friendly word with his role model, Hun Sen, and see if they could cut out the shoot first, ask questions later policy. This isn't a war on drugs.

Edited by bigbamboo