Dream World

Misplaced

My wife and I are traveling back to Thailand towards the end of April and staying for about 1 month.

Since neither of us have been back for quite several years (10 for me and 5 for her) we're not sure of where to stay in bangkok or anywhere else for that matter anymore. One of our plan is to take her 2 nieces and mother to a place called "Dream world" for a day or two (if its worth it). I would like to get some pointers from people on TV on where to stay and any other information you feel its pertinent. Basically, the point to go there is obviously to treat the kids to something they've never done and probably will not do again until we make another trip back in a few years. They are still young and probably will never forget it. If you feel there are more places to take the kids than please let me know. I want to make sure these kids have alot of fun since they're very important to my wife.

Note: this is not the only place we are going to be taking them. We're also plannning a trip to Koh samui, kao sok, and if time permits, krabi and chaimai

BTW, the kids lives down south near Surat thani so they've never been to bangkok

Thanks in advanace for all your help

I wouldnt bother with dream World.

It certainly isnt any disneyland. The wife and i took my step daughter and nephew to dream world last year. The prices seemed awfully expensive, half the rides were closed which they didnt tell us at the gate, and their health and safety standards arent up to U.K standards by any stretch of the imagination.

As for spending a day or two there, you will be lucky to occupy three or four hours. Sorry to dissapoint.

We found that just booking a hotel with a swimming pool was all the fun they wanted. I ended up being dragged to the pool everyday for 3 hours and they had a great time.

I would be more inclined to take them to Muang Boran, which is the ancient city museum on the outskirts of Bangkok.

Here is a review of the place, we had a great day out there, but you will need your own transport to get around, we rented a taxi from a friend for the day with him driving.

This is an innovative park-cum-museum (Muang Boran in Thai) in which visitors can learn about Thai architecture and history. Its shape approximates that of the country. As you drive around, you will find famous buildings, monuments and temples representing all regions in Thailand. Visitors will need a private car to navigate around the 280-acre outdoor museum, which is billed as the world's largest. Set aside a whole day for this visit, as the attraction is located a little way out of Bangkok, in Samut Prakan

Taken from http://www.wcities.com/en/record/,194557/185/record.html

Good luck and have fun. :o

My wife and I are traveling back to Thailand towards the end of April and staying for about 1 month.

Since neither of us have been back for quite several years (10 for me and 5 for her) we're not sure of where to stay in bangkok or anywhere else for that matter anymore. One of our plan is to take her 2 nieces and mother to a place called "Dream world" for a day or two (if its worth it). I would like to get some pointers from people on TV on where to stay and any other information you feel its pertinent. Basically, the point to go there is obviously to treat the kids to something they've never done and probably will not do again until we make another trip back in a few years. They are still young and probably will never forget it. If you feel there are more places to take the kids than please let me know. I want to make sure these kids have alot of fun since they're very important to my wife.

Note: this is not the only place we are going to be taking them. We're also plannning a trip to Koh samui, kao sok, and if time permits, krabi and chaimai

BTW, the kids lives down south near Surat thani so they've never been to bangkok

Thanks in advanace for all your help

I live near to Dream world and disagree with the comments about how bad it is ...certainly compared to Disney / Universal etc ( we have done them all ) it is nothing but we have had some good days there.

But your niece and Thai family will not have that comparison . The day is about a good family time and dream land is a vehicle to kick start that the prices are a little high for Thai land but it is always full .

Try Safari world also and why not take the family to Koh Samet for 2/3 days .. try Malibu Gardens .. lots of Brownie Points to be gained with the three I know I have done exactly what I am suggesting with family do not reach to high and make people uncomfortable and do not expect too much .

. No need to stay near Dream world easy to get to from any BKK hotel ..

Stay 1 or 2 days ..No !...6 hours is the most to complete the park

I wouldnt bother with dream World.

It certainly isnt any disneyland. The wife and i took my step daughter and nephew to dream world last year. The prices seemed awfully expensive, half the rides were closed which they didnt tell us at the gate, and their health and safety standards arent up to U.K standards by any stretch of the imagination.

As for spending a day or two there, you will be lucky to occupy three or four hours. Sorry to dissapoint.

We found that just booking a hotel with a swimming pool was all the fun they wanted. I ended up being dragged to the pool everyday for 3 hours and they had a great time.

I would be more inclined to take them to Muang Boran, which is the ancient city museum on the outskirts of Bangkok.

Here is a review of the place, we had a great day out there, but you will need your own transport to get around, we rented a taxi from a friend for the day with him driving.

This is an innovative park-cum-museum (Muang Boran in Thai) in which visitors can learn about Thai architecture and history. Its shape approximates that of the country. As you drive around, you will find famous buildings, monuments and temples representing all regions in Thailand. Visitors will need a private car to navigate around the 280-acre outdoor museum, which is billed as the world's largest. Set aside a whole day for this visit, as the attraction is located a little way out of Bangkok, in Samut Prakan

Taken from http://www.wcities.com/en/record/,194557/185/record.html

Good luck and have fun. :o

Do you really think Muang Boran would hold much interest for kids? It's a little bit different from dreamworld, not a lot of excitement there for them. I love history, and really enjoyed my day at Muang Boran, but I wouldn't bother taking my kids there for an exciting day out.

The Ancient City(Muang Bolan) is worth visiting but spending a full day there might get a bit boring for the kids. The Samut Prakan crocodile farm is also in the same area as the Ancient City. You could kill two birds with one stone by visiting the Ancient City in the morning and then the crocodile farm in the afternoon.

I took my extended Thai family to dream world and they loved it,ok it is not up to disney land etc but the kids i took had never seen anything like it and want to go back again.

Expensive? I don't think so but i am comparing it to a day out at a theme park here in the uk wich is a rip off.

Also we went during the week so no cueing just jump straight on anything we wanted.

have fun

Paul

Edited by mai puchai thai

Thanks everyone for your input. I will talk to the misses and see what she think we should do. With the kids never had the opportunities to see these type of places, i think we will go and try to let them enjoy themselves Its a once in a life time opportuity for them and I figured atleast they'll get a chance to come out to bangkok if not anything else.

With that being said, Can anyone else reccommend a place which are kids friendly in, around, near koh samui or other island nearby? Actually anywhere where you think these kids and an elderly lady would enjoy the beautiful sceneries. I am very familar with the Northeast (chiangmai, lampang) part but never really been to deep south. I just want to make sure they all get a chance to really have a great time