Satellite/Cable Tv

mythril

Will be arriving in Hua Hin next month on a visit for 3 weeks, during which time we hope to finalise the furnishing etc. of our villa and one thing we need to organise is the TV set up. I have been reading elsewhere that TrueVision is upgrading its services to HD and that old set top boxes will no longer work. To be quite frank we are a little vague about the difference between UBC and TrueVision; which offers the best service; which has the better choice of programming and which offers the better value for money.

I have also read that there appears to be a choice of going through TrueVision for their service or just buying their box (I believe this is called a True Life+ box) and a satellite dish and hooking it up yourself, this involves no further payment to TrueVision beyond the cost of the box, unless you want to subscribe to premium channels.

In short we are somewhat confused by the whole topic, so any help anyone can provide to untangle all of this would be much appreciated. thumbsup.gif

If you have (or buy) a True Visions set top box and dish you can watch the "free to air" channels legally only without any monthly payment. The "free to air" channels are all local (Bangkok) channels in Thai language.

They just upgraded their system yesterday to the new HD format and a lot of people using systems that pirate from True were knocked off the air.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/570144-truevisions-launched-17-hd-channels-blocked-pirate-users-overnight/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

1) Truevisions and UBC are the one and the same - UBC was the old name, which turned to true.

2) Buying a box and not paying Truevisions is illegal, and according to their last update - impossible.

3) Check out Hua Hin cable - cheap, nice selection of channels.

http://www.huahinexp...-television.htm

Is hua hin cable tv the same as : G-TV cable? When I look at the telephone numbers they are the same.

I went to their office for a connection at Palm Hills but they referred me to their office in Cha-am. I went there and they are willing to install on Palm Hills. Free installation and 3000 bht./ year subscription. They gave me their website and e-mail adress.

Website: www.charliecablechaam.com does not exist. Their e-mail adress does not exist. Does not sound reliable to me.

How is the quality of hua-hin cable tv?

1) Truevisions and UBC are the one and the same - UBC was the old name, which turned to true.

2) Buying a box and not paying Truevisions is illegal, and according to their last update - impossible.

3) Check out Hua Hin cable - cheap, nice selection of channels.

http://www.huahinexp...-television.htm

Is hua hin cable tv the same as : G-TV cable? When I look at the telephone numbers they are the same.

I went to their office for a connection at Palm Hills but they referred me to their office in Cha-am. I went there and they are willing to install on Palm Hills. Free installation and 3000 bht./ year subscription. They gave me their website and e-mail adress.

Website: www.charliecablechaam.com does not exist. Their e-mail adress does not exist. Does not sound reliable to me.

How is the quality of hua-hin cable tv?

Yes G-TV are the cable operators in Hua Hin. Office big building opposite Golden Place. IMO a very professional company. Good mixture of news and entertaiment channels. Have used them for almost 10 years, without any problems.

So order your subscribtion, the crew will arrive on the agreed time and 5 minutes later you will your cable working for only 250 baht/month.thumbsup.gif