TrueVisions Launched 17 HD Channels, Blocked Pirate Users Overnight

webfact

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked like a charm this morning. No resetting of the box needed. It's about time that TrueVisions finally got around to providing its satellite customers with the promised HD channels. For once I can say thank you, TrueVisions!

• Like 2

Just having a tinker around this morning.. Dreamboxes still receive Thai TV and a smattering of what appeared to be low quality channels. I assume this is the 'knowledge' package ??

The bulk of the premium channels were no signal (not a decryption failure) so will have a tool about with a transponder scan on Thaicom5 and see whats found where.

Before the howls of protest come, I have a full platinum pack and all the a la carte packages fully paid for.. However havent been using the UBC supplied boxes. Looks like I will have to buy a couple of the HD boxes, some hard discs, and have it paired to a new set of cards.

hmmmmmmmm my condo has no signal past 109, never has had and despite numerous requests to true I am just told thats the way it is and they will eventually get round to sorting it out with the condo.

That said however I left before 9am this morning so still had no signal at all, will check when I get home and see if this latest upgrade has resolved the problem, but I am not holding my breath.

I don't have satellite or cable TV as yet here in BKK - as I usually get my entertainment from the interweb.

However, I am thinking about getting it.

I heard there was some kind of lifetime subscription or some kind of deal where you only pay 5K for installation etc.

can anyone let me know what the best deal is - ideally one that has free installation, and the rest gets tagged onto my existing internet/phone bill?

Many thanks.

Sausagian.

I can't notice any quality change on the regular channels, so I guess they lowered their bitrate while swapping to MP4, to give space to the new HD channels, which look great & numerous.

I wonder what happens for customers who were paying 300b / month to get the 3 HD channels prior the upgrade ?

Now, I'd just need to have the subtitles option to choose between English / Thai / Both / Off to be actually working, instead of having forced Thai subtitles all the time, and everything would be alright ! smile.png

1 last annoying thing though : the oversized & often overcrowding logos ; on some channels, they even adds permanent ads, which can be quite annoying over the time... sick.gif

• Like 2

I am on Koh Samui have the new HD+ box can I get it working have unplugged it taken out card taken out tv aerial at least twice keep getting error 16 plus faint message underneath saying box is rebooting driving me mad true line busy cannot get thru !!!!!! I have a satellite and not cable but thya should not matter !!!!! HELP !!!!!!

MPEG4 only results in a better picture quality if the correct bit-rate is used - if a low bit-rate is employed (to stuff more channels in the same space), then you still get poor quality. So it really means that we have to wait and see what they have done in order to add the extra channels - just about to go and take a look (its nearly 10am).

As the extra channels are all HD, they do require quite a bit of extra bandwidth.

The comment that pirate reception has been blocked is pretty silly - they missed adding "for now"...

I live in Vientiane, Laos and along with many expats here have had Thai Visions for several years through a local dealer, for which we have paid the full rate identical to what people pay in Thailand.

Now True Visions have upgraded their signal to HDTV and installed software to prevent people pirating their signal. I suspected that was what our 'agent' was doing since I couldn't take the a la carte BBC Entertainment option and emailing True Visions in Bangkok produced the response: "We have no agent in Vientiane."

Now we have no TV. What to do?

Philip

Edited by philiplaos

Dreamboxes, OpenBoxes and other unauthorized methods of receiving TrueVisions content will not work from today July 16, 2012 as the company now pairs the genuine subscription card with the orginal TrueVisions HD box.

Why would they claim the use of a Dreambox is unauthorized?

It is not, at least not if you are a regular subscriber to Truevisions and simply insert your decoder card from Truevisions into the Dreambox.

There is no law or contract stipulation which forces you to use the hardware supplied by Truevisions.

The reason why Truevisions doesn't want people to use the Dreambox is because the Dreambox can record and Truevisions cannot charge an additional fee to recording, as they do now with the new box (99 THB per month).

Edited by dominique355
  • Like 1

I was incandescent last evening when True Non-Visions decided to blank out the final stages of the Scottish Open golf tournament at 2300. My excitement had been building over the previous two hours when the result was more and more in doubt and it was becoming a very much nip and tuck affair. At the end of the month my box goes back, with the unpaid monthly invoice, and if they cock up the showing of The Open this week I shall be taking a 4 lb hammer to it before handing it in. Enough is enough.

Anybody advising me that I need a course in anger management can stick his advice where the sun doesn't shine.

Know what you mean Bagwan! Just got to the exciting finale of the film I was watching and suddenly replaced with a sign apologzing for inconvenience ! Having screwed up on EURO 2012, cutting all programs for 10 hours to "upgrade", let's see how wonderful the Olympic coverage is, if at all. Mighr need my lump hammer too.

Dreamboxes, OpenBoxes and other unauthorized methods of receiving TrueVisions content will not work from today July 16, 2012 as the company now pairs the genuine subscription card with the orginal TrueVisions HD box.

It is not, at least not if you are a regular subscriber to Truevisions and simply insert your decoder card from Truevisions into the Dreambox.

There is no law or contract stipulation which forces you to use the hardware supplied by Truevisions.

The reason why Truevisions doesn't want people to use the Dreambox is because the Dreambox can record and Truevisions cannot charge an additional fee to recording, as they do now ith the new box.

And the fact that for years they would sell the subscription cards without any equipment rental also.

• Like 1

I live in Vientiane, Laos and along with many expats here have had Thai Visions for several years through a local dealer, for which we have paid the full rate identical to what people pay in Thailand.

Now True Visions have upgraded their signal to HDTV and installed software to prevent people pirating their signal. I suspected that was what our 'agent' was doing since I couldn't take the a la carte BBC Entertainment option and emailing True Visions in Bangkok produced the response: "We have no agent in Vientiane."

No we have no TV. What to do?

Philip

I am sure the same agent will be able to supply you an 'imported' box and card pairing.

I am in cambodia in a few days and I bet the bars there will be howling for boxes. I bet someone could make a nice little earner out of being first in line with 100 UBC HD boxes and HD paired cards. Some of those sports bars need the feed to keep trade alive.

The reason why Truevisions doesn't want people to use the Dreambox is because the Dreambox can record and Truevisions cannot charge an additional fee to recording, as they do now ith the new box.

And the fact that for years they would sell the subscription cards without any equipment rental also.

I don't believe that they have made these encoding and encryption changes purely to stop people using 3rd party hardware recording functions. While a minority of people might use the Dreambox for this, the vast majority do so to gain illegal access to Truevisions content.

Clearly it is the latter that they are trying to stamp out as the lost revenue from recording is insignificant compared to the lost revenue from piracy.

• Like 1

Can anyone explain to the Technologically Challenged Old Guy how to put channels into the "News" / "Movies" / "Sports" sections???? Seems that all I can do is put everything into "Favorites"....

Appreciate any and all Help / Suggestions....

Pianoman

• Like 1

I was incandescent last evening when True Non-Visions decided to blank out the final stages of the Scottish Open golf tournament at 2300. My excitement had been building over the previous two hours when the result was more and more in doubt and it was becoming a very much nip and tuck affair. At the end of the month my box goes back, with the unpaid monthly invoice, and if they cock up the showing of The Open this week I shall be taking a 4 lb hammer to it before handing it in. Enough is enough.

Anybody advising me that I need a course in anger management can stick his advice where the sun doesn't shine.

You need a course in anger management!

True had advertised this change over and when it would take place for bloody months, frequent banners across the bottom of the screen and they even marked it on the TV guide so no one could have any excuse for not knowing when it would happen.

They had to take the service off line at some point to enact the changes and a IMHO a few disgruntled late night golf viewers is a fair price to pay for the vast improvement to the HD channel line-up!

HMMM - logic be damned - convert during prime viewing, instead of 0:30AM - 10AM, when nothing much is happening...

Edited by dighambara

No we have no TV. What to do?

Philip

I am sure the same agent will be able to supply you an 'imported' box and card pairing.

I am in cambodia in a few days and I bet the bars there will be howling for boxes. I bet someone could make a nice little earner out of being first in line with 100 UBC HD boxes and HD paired cards. Some of those sports bars need the feed to keep trade alive.

If that's the case, then it renders True Visions' latest blocking tactic pointless, doesn't it?

Philip

I'm on cable TrueVisions and have three HD boxes. At around 8:35am this morning I had sound on all three boxes but could only get a brief flash of a picture when changing channels. First tried powering the boxes off and on...didn't help. Then tried resetting the subscription cards again...didn't help. I then did the System/Signal reset on the boxes as decribed in the Thai language video clips on the TrueVisions web site...that fixed the problem on the boxes...boxes now fully working again.