Business Air Ticket Bkk-Yul (Montreal) Best Deal(S) !

Greetings to all travelers.

Looking for updated recommendations for Bangkok - Montreal Business Air Tickets: price, satisfaction of airline(s), transit airports and lounges, etc.

Sorry if this is covered within other threads, but did not find any info applicable about this topic following a thorough browsing of the Thailand Travel Forum; not too many individuals probably flying to this part of Canada from here as Toronto and Vancouver are probably remaining the favorite destinations with accordingly an easier task to purchase tickets, business or coach.

The idea of acquiring separate tickets for different portions of the trip is appealing, but the varying rules applicable for luggage and other aspects of the trip quickly become major headaches. Under a one-ticket umbrella the same rules remain for the entire trip.

During the last quarter of century, flew most airlines for this long stretch, but the offerings are changing so fast that even Googling or using consolidators sites do not provide such great results.

Price-wise European airlines seem to remain more expensive than their Middle East counterparts, while Asian carriers are a mixed bag.

Any advice ?

Qatar would be my first choice. Air Canada offers a few code share flights via Europe but it expensive.

A friend recently purchased a business class ticket to Paris, then Air Transat to YUL, their business class is more like domestic business class and they allow 80KG in business class.

Start with Kayak, Vayama, ITA matrix they will give you some decent options.

I used to fly Air Can from Montreal to BKK at least 3 times per year for the past 4 years. Half of which on business class. Learned that the best deal for me was going from YUL to either HKG or NRT and using 30,000 aeroplan points for a biz class seat for the last leg. Treated myself to a 1st class seat on my last NRT-BKK on Thai Air for 50,000 points.

All told, never paid more then 1400$ for a flight from YUL to BKK. The Air Can biz class was all free upgrades (Narita has better odds for upgrades).

If you are Star Alliance gold member then baggage allowance is not really an issue as Air Can will allow you 3 bags for free.

I like Cathay biz class, nice seats and very good service. Air Can seats in Executive are good too and the food is edible enough. Both HKG and NRT have really great lounges with showers and good food, compared to the typical Maple Leaf lounges. Hot soup only?!?!

Edited by ezflip
  • Like 1

Try United through expedia, flightnetwork, toureast, or the united.ca website They have lots of flights going to NRT then to BKK. I use United always because they are cheaper than AC. Also AC flight attendants are *ssholes and very lazy.